MAN ride & drive

blue estate:

nomiS36:

blue estate:

nomiS36:
Going to be hard stopping myself telling them what I think of their auto box [emoji23]
Bit of off road driving is part of the day apparently.

Imagine doing a off road driving in a Actros [emoji85][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The m1 in an actros feels like off roading!!! [emoji23]

Try doing the A34 in one around oxford

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A43 at corby in a Actros is murder!!

Best day out you’ll get, did 1 with daf years ago, do the offroad in an 8 legger, thats particularly interesting
Tony

mrginge:
Assume that a ginger man next to a trailer similar to this (Not 100% sure which trailer is going as we are busy supplying other shows/events) is me :laughing:

Today’s the day.
I’ll try and find you. Is there a special TNUK handshake or does a special limp do it? [emoji23]

You have missed out on me then as im not there till Friday, I was setting up another MAN trailer at the Royal Cornwall Show today :sunglasses:

Yeah one of your colleagues said you might be in Cornwall.
Yours truly posted the fastest lap of the day and won both races in the truck simulator which is next to ‘your’ trailer at the off road coarse. Won a prize for it [emoji23] not bad out of about 300 guests.

facebook.com/DAFTrucksUK/vi … 902/?t=120

Hope the link works …Though i wont be suprised if it doesn’t ,generally my fault …Though the op can let us know what the MAN day at Millbrook was like compared to DAFs

Link works.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Very similar but MAN didn’t have any cars or the palfinder stuff.
On a positive we didn’t have to wear stoopid hi viz vests [emoji23]

The smallest thing we drove was their tge vans which were very good. They do fwd, rwd and all wheel drive. I took one on the high speed bowl and got 105mph out of it! Very refined they are too!
Surprised I’ve not seen a single one in the road yet.
The 8 wheel tippers have now got a thing called “brake steer” which when engaged brakes the inside drive wheels allowing the truck to turn tighter than without it. It did seem to make a difference on the off road coarse.
I had to have a go in a tgx with the ‘new’ auto gearbox to see if I regretted choosing a proper full manual…I don’t [emoji57]
Not sure if the hardware is new or if they’ve just done a software upgrade but it only felt marginally better to me, certainly not as good as I remember my 12 plate ishift being!