Main beam

tortoise:
Have you noticed how car indicator lights are getting smaller and near invisible , even when flashing. With headlamps on as well and being so bright they are easy to miss. That is if they bother to use them at all !!!.

Yes what a brilliant idea making the indicators smaller and fitting them into the headlight? Whoever had that idea needs the rough end of a pineapple inserted. And a tiny little rear indicator right next to the brake light. Near impossible to see the indicator if the brakes are on, and if the sun’s shining, forget it. Worst offenders Vauxhall and anything Volkswagen group.
Bernard

albion1938:

tortoise:
Have you noticed how car indicator lights are getting smaller and near invisible , even when flashing. With headlamps on as well and being so bright they are easy to miss. That is if they bother to use them at all !!!.

Yes what a brilliant idea making the indicators smaller and fitting them into the headlight? Whoever had that idea needs the rough end of a pineapple inserted. And a tiny little rear indicator right next to the brake light. Near impossible to see the indicator if the brakes are on, and if the sun’s shining, forget it. Worst offenders Vauxhall and anything Volkswagen group.
Bernard

Well done that man. I thought it was my eyesight. VW Golf etc, when the brakes are on you can’t see the indicator

i would like car manufacturers to fit an audible warning under the dash , linked to the rear fog lights, which goes off every ten seconds and is loud enough to really annoy the driver… that way they wouldn’t leave them on all bloomin’ day/night…

Les Shoes:
I saw a complete twonk with his ‘angel eyes’ on the front of his BMW replaced with red ones :open_mouth:
Red lights on the front of your car? You really are special aren’t you? :neutral_face:

just as special as those that tint the head lights and only use side lights as it looks “cool”

Fog lights, front and rear, linked to a speed limiter set at 20mph would do it. Easily doable with existing technology and would ensure they only get used when needed.

People who turn the headlight height adjusment knob all the way up (because testosterone) and so they can see better at 90mph

or the clowns (usually a builders van ) who park on the wrong side of the road to pick up/drop off their mates and leave their head lamps on :angry: cant see a ruddy thing

Many cars now have auto full beam, add this to a fat clown in a suit with the driving skills of a small potted plant and you get a retina full of main beam because fat fud doesn’t knock it down “becuz it duz it itself”.

Also the “screw everyone else” attitude of most on the road today doesn’t help.

A.

There are a number of cheap bulbs out there, (you can even get counterfeit Philips bulbs…), that are not of the correct dimension. This means the light doesn’t hit the reflector correctly.

This throws out the beam setting considerably.

I can just about cope with a car or truck with his main beams on, it’s the 10/20/30+ cars/vans & trucks of all shapes & sizes that are doing the resurfacing on a stretch of m/way that’s closed between 2 junctions…they all seem to park up, while waiting for their turn to tip etc with every poxy wattage of bulb bolted to the front of the motor on main beam, probably having a ‘light off’ with their buddies or rivals…same as the gimp ■■■■■■■ who are running up from the closed junction, 8 mile up the road to join the back of the queue…■■■■■■■■■

Adonis.:
Many cars now have auto full beam, add this to a fat clown in a suit with the driving skills of a small potted plant and you get a retina full of main beam because fat fud doesn’t knock it down “becuz it duz it itself”.

Also the “screw everyone else” attitude of most on the road today doesn’t help.

A.

Biggest problem on the road today. Courtesy is seen as a sign of weakness.