Lorries with 13-speed Fuller Roadranger 'boxes

L10 ■■■■■■■ and 13sp Fuller.jpg
MAN 19 362 Fuller RTO 11613 13-sp.jpg

My 13 speeder, pic taken 5 minutes before I closed the cab door for the last time! :wink: Perkins/Rolls 335 engine.
Pete.

man__fuller_transmission_19_362_1987_1_lgw.jpg
man__fuller_transmission_19_362_1987_5_lgw.jpg
MAN_191.jpg
man_artic_2-thumb-448x231-69883.jpg

p315940186-2.jpg

with thirteen-speed Fuller and double drive.jpg

V8 merc with fuller 13.jpg
wat_016%5B1%5D.jpg

ZA - 360 with Fuller 13-sp.jpg

Hi Robert ,correct P106 BSS had a poxy 16 speed eaton which got scrapped and replaced with 13 speed fuller.

13 speed Fuller in this…

commercialmotor.com/big-lorr … -dunstable

Hiya…i’am not to late am i.this ERF was new to Wardel,s at Lymm she was one flying machine like 80mph+.
she had a 13speed fuller a dream to drive with a big cam 290 under the bonnet, i tried to get feed back from
former drivers but got nothing. i do know by the amount of round spent cards under the bunk she liked been
parked in Arras or there about…VED 571S was the reg.I,was in Bangor tipping cast iron scrap from Sheffield
in the photo.

John

ooohhh-13 speed fuller,my fave gearbox !!
my father used to own a transcon with one(best motor he’s ever had)but i dont have any pics at the moment.,i had these MAN’s long term,both fitted with mr fullers 13 cogs,superb!even my three year old son liked the fuller box lol

the yellow one was a much rougher motor,but had a much nicer box,and was very high geared-(and a defective speed limiter :sunglasses: end of the green band on the rev counter was about 75mph!),would happily go off the clock.happy days!! also unstopable off road.

This Foden had the 13 speed Fuller box & a Cat engine, Regards Larry.

3300John:
Hiya…i’am not to late am i.this ERF was new to Wardel,s at Lymm she was one flying machine like 80mph+.
she had a 13speed fuller a dream to drive with a big cam 290 under the bonnet, i tried to get feed back from
former drivers but got nothing. i do know by the amount of round spent cards under the bunk she liked been
parked in Arras or there about…VED 571S was the reg.I,was in Bangor tipping cast iron scrap from Sheffield
in the photo.

John

hi john that pic reminds of one of my first loads of scrap bales to qualcast derby having to let the body down before hitting the overhead lpg pipes.

WELL the first is a 12/13 (with the hiden gear) Mack box…the volvo was a 13sp fuller…the KW also pic is off the gearstick in the kw…
41265_440748501391_4667695_n.jpg

sorry just noticed the pics a bit out o focus :blush:

3300John:
in the photo.

John

You are never too late John! And this is a timely example of a RHD 13-speed B-series, of which there were not so many around. Cheers! Robert :smiley:

This one had a 13spd Fuller and ■■■■■■■ 325, it was a powerful lorry in its day.

Regards ,Armstrong

This had 13 speed fuller in it. I passed my class 1 in a four wheeler 291, the examiner at the test station was impressed !!

One in the photo was a 20.331 and went like the wind. The 291 wasn’t quite as fast, but still went well. MAN suited the 13 speed box very well, I always thought they changed better than with a ■■■■■■■ / 13 speed. The revs seemed to drop quicker in the MAN, to me at least.

andrew.s:
ooohhh-13 speed fuller,my fave gearbox !!
my father used to own a transcon with one(best motor he’s ever had)but i dont have any pics at the moment.,i had these MAN’s long term,both fitted with mr fullers 13 cogs,superb!even my three year old son liked the fuller box lol
the yellow one was a much rougher motor,but had a much nicer box,and was very high geared-(and a defective speed limiter :sunglasses: end of the green band on the rev counter was about 75mph!),would happily go off the clock.happy days!! also unstopable off road.

As you probably know, I’m a school-teacher as well as a lorry driver. Over the last 41 years I’ve taught every age-group from 3 to 18; and I can assure you that 3-year-old boys are extremely discerning when it comes to lorries. When I taught in Rome some years ago, I commented to the head of ‘early years’ that the standard of pedal-car driving was astounding in the playground and that one particular 3-year-old drove far better than all the rest of the Italians in Rome. His teacher told me that his nickname was ‘Schumy’ (after Schumaker) and that his father was a world-class racing driver. I do find all this kind of stuff most humbling! Robert :laughing:

and scania 161.jpg

This one had a 13 speed and 340 Rolls, the first 13speed i had driven, hope the owner of the pic doesn’t mind me posting.
Regards Armstrong

image.jpg