LHD Leyland Roadtrains

ERF-NGC-European:

I remember reading a article on Giraud & their British drivers many years ago, they mentioned one of their French drivers that did Middle East with a Roadtrain, this must have been him!

adr:

ERF-NGC-European:

I remember reading a article on Giraud & their British drivers many years ago, they mentioned one of their French drivers that did Middle East with a Roadtrain, this must have been him!

Could have been! Though I didn’t know Giraud did the Middle-East. They could have done, of course - or maybe your driver went down there with another Roadtrain. Thanks for spotting that detail, it makes me want to find out about Giraud and M/E work! :sunglasses: Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

adr:

ERF-NGC-European:

Could have been! Though I didn’t know Giraud did the Middle-East. They could have done, of course - or maybe your driver went down there with another Roadtrain. Thanks for spotting that detail, it makes me want to find out about Giraud and M/E work! :sunglasses: Robert

Hi Robert, could be something for you to follow up with your investigative powers, IIRC the driver had a knickname at Giraud that referred to his M/E work! Chris

Same truck.

rob lhd.PNG

rob lhd1.PNG

DEANB:
Same truck.

That short body may well be demountable, like a ballast-box. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:
Same truck.

Yes i think its a demountable body. You can see the stabalizer leg for what i assume is a crane/hi-ab infront of the fuel tank.

Heres a couple more.

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:
Same truck.

Yes i think its a demountable body. You can see the stabalizer leg for what i assume is a crane/hi-ab infront of the fuel tank.

Heres a couple more.

:sunglasses:

Clipping from 1981.

roadtrain lhd 81.PNG

DEANB:
Clipping from 1981.

Firstly, thanks to DEANB for his sterling efforts today in contributing to just about every thread right to the bottom of the page!

The caption is interesting, as it states that Fuller boxes were fitted because they were popular on the Continent. I often wondered why the LHD export Roadtrains had Fullers while UK operators had to put up with Spicers! Ro

French Roadtrains enjoyed a 9 or 13 speed Fuller with their 350 Rolls lumps as standard. :wink:

Giraud liked there Roadtrain’s.(1983)

Click on pages twice to read.

DEANB:
Giraud liked there Roadtrain’s.(1983)

Click on pages twice to read.

A very useful article, Dean, thank you! :sunglasses:

n58.jpg