LHD Leyland Marathons

true gr8 marathon pics there even tho the ol merc is double drive dont think she gonna pull up that bank lol

interesting bit of custom on this early Marathon, chrome grill & bumper :sunglasses: Were these ever offered by Leyland as an option or was this just a one-off? Chris

We know this French Marathon 2 had a TL12 and 9-sp Fuller in it :wink: . Robert

Ready for export. Chris

adr:
Ready for export. Chris

Drawbar outfits by the look of it. Robert

Seldom french 6x4 Marathon in wood haulage :

191216071850615212.png

[Moderator’s edit: Michel, if you open your ‘big’ pictures in paint or something similar, and go to ‘resize’ you can reduce the size by whatever percentage you choose, but remember to press SAVE . That’ll save me the trouble of re-doing all your pictures!! :slight_smile: Robert]

■■■■■■■ themselves were also active in highlighting diesel engines for the various marques of commercial vehicles.

I found a leaflet (1974) on the LHD Marathon in the CDB-legacy (the later group of branch-offices under the name
of Denonville also represented Leyland from medium to heavy, alongside the representation of Scania) with the
NTC335 in it. A continental brochure on the Marathon also highlights the NTC as an option next to the Leyland.

ERF-Continental:
■■■■■■■ themselves were also active in highlighting diesel engines for the various marques of commercial vehicles.

I found a leaflet (1974) on the LHD Marathon in the CDB-legacy (the later group of branch-offices under the name
of Denonville also represented Leyland from medium to heavy, alongside the representation of Scania) with the
NTC335 in it. A continental brochure on the Marathon also highlights the NTC as an option next to the Leyland.

That’s a good find! Thank you for posting it. It shows that LHD Marathons for Continental customers offered both the TL12 and the ■■■■■■■ 335 with the 9-sp Fuller. I knew the French liked their Roll-powered ones with the RT9509 but this reveals a wider set of options. :sunglasses:

Ro

I would imagine that a 335 bhp ■■■■■■■ in’74 would have been an impressive machine .Running over here more so at 32 tons giving over 10 bhp per ton which in todays terms at 44 tons would be around 460 bhp but then without the restrictions.

NMP

ERF-Continental:

Is that ■■■■ Rivers sporting the Arran sweater ?

Spotted this on Facebook transcon page , cracking looking marathons, not my photo obviously.

Steve

(NMPs)

Middle East Marathon.

me marathon.PNG

DEANB:
Middle East Marathon.

That’s a big chunky-looking thing - most U.K. drivers with a Marathon didn’t get the full depth sleeper like this

ERF-NGC-European:
That’s a good find! Thank you for posting it. It shows that LHD Marathons for Continental customers offered both the TL12 and the ■■■■■■■ 335 with the 9-sp Fuller. I knew the French liked their Roll-powered ones with the RT9509 but this reveals a wider set of options. :sunglasses:

What was the RT9509 final drive gearing ? bearing in mind the RR’s peak torque rpm ?.

Also an interesting gearing comparison there with NGC ?. :bulb: