Big sleeper cab Marathon

If any nostalgia nuts are looking for a very rare ‘long’ sleeper cabbed Leyland Marathon, here’s a 6x2 lift axle tractor unit.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … :IT&ih=001

I’m selling it for a friend and if anyone is interested email me for more info.

Ross.

bigr250:
If any nostalgia nuts are looking for a very rare ‘long’ sleeper cabbed Leyland Marathon, here’s a 6x2 lift axle tractor unit.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … :IT&ih=001

I’m selling it for a friend and if anyone is interested email me for more info.

Ross.

One teensy anorak point: the Marathon wasn’t the first motor with the small steering wheel. As far as I’m aware, that honour fell to the Atkinson Viewline in 1966, and I think the Mk.1 Marathon actually used the same wheel.

That said, the Marathon looks like a cracking motor, and a very late one with the A-reg too.

240 Gardner:
[
One teensy anorak point: the Marathon wasn’t the first motor with the small steering wheel. As far as I’m aware, that honour fell to the Atkinson Viewline in 1966, and I think the Mk.1 Marathon actually used the same wheel.

That said, the Marathon looks like a cracking motor, and a very late one with the A-reg too.

Certainly was, the Viewline I drove (and froze and fried in :unamused: ) had a tiny little wheel and felt very strange until I got used to it.
A good looking motor, that Marathon, if only it was a left ■■■■■■ - and I had the money. :unamused: :cry:
Did you say what engine was in it, did I miss that?

its a 320, i thought this one sold a couple of weeks ago

That Marathon looks a cracker.I had one in the 70s on an “R” plate with TL12 engine and it earned me some cash did that motor once the brakes were sorted :open_mouth: .
To say it was a big jump from my “M” reg Mandator to a Marathon would be an understatement. :laughing:

Spardo:

240 Gardner:
[

Certainly was, the Viewline I drove (and froze and fried in :unamused: )

Me too, David. Especially the day when it was cold enough to freeze the governor :open_mouth:

Is that Clarkey’s FL12 in the corner? (ex-Day Aggregates)