Lend me your stories of Welcome Break

Always walk round with torch even if it’s just a 45,check dogclip and tyres :confused:

robroy:

Radar19:
I’ve had my curtains cut East bound at Hartshead Moor, I’ve had my curtains cut at Woodhall North bound, I’ve had my curtains done at London Gateway. My mate had his done after only stopping for a break around 8pm on the west bound side of Hartshead.

I never park on msa.s, (well not since the 80s when the nightclub was behind Charnock Richard :smiley: )
I’ve had my curtains done no more than 3 times since 1979, there’s a message in there somewhere I reckon. :bulb:

Company policy mate. The office don’t care if the curtains are done, just as long as we were in “secure” parking. The insurance handles the rest. Oh and now I remember, I was carrying waste and still got my curtains done at Leicester, two weeks on the bounce actually. I mean, you could smell the trailer before you saw it!

biggriffin:
you need to get the real papers involved, The sun, or better still the Express or Mail.

robroy:
If I HAD to park on MSAs every night for whatever reason, I’d be going on day work…hate the [zb] places.

Same here. I never overnight in them for lots of reasons.
I realise many have to because of company policy etc and they have my sympathy.
Luckily the stuff I carry is absolutely worthless to everybody but the customer so when parked up I just open a lot of my N/S curtain (don’t have back doors) and show the thieving b******s what’s onboard.

Radar19:
Company policy mate. The office don’t care if the curtains are done, just as long as we were in “secure” parking.

I’ve heard this ■■■■■■■■ before (not disputing you btw mate)
Secure parking in an MSA is a contradiction in terms, they are one of the most insecure choices of parking a driver could make ffs.
Why have insurance co.s not picked up on this.
I would genuinely jack if instructed to use those ■■■■ holes every night, especially having to endure the boredom of them on a long summers evening, …only redeeming feature is not as bad as a ■■■■ lay by. :unamused:

robroy:

Radar19:
Company policy mate. The office don’t care if the curtains are done, just as long as we were in “secure” parking.

Secure parking in an MSA is a contradiction in terms, they are one of the most insecure choices of parking a driver could make ffs.
I would genuinely jack if instructed to use those [zb] holes every night, especially having to endure the boredom of them on a long summers evening, …only redeeming feature is not as bad as a [zb] lay by. :unamused:

I hate them too so I now try to avoid them if possible. Its either one of our depots or a truckstop. I do look out for quiet industrial estates though, just in case I “run out of time”. There are a few I can’t get around like Tamworth though. Our lot has accounts with everyone but Welcome Break as well as SNAP so in the offices eyes, there is no reason for us not to use these “secure” parking options.

Radar19:

robroy:

Radar19:

I would genuinely jack if instructed to use those [zb] holes every night, especially having to endure the boredom of them on a long summers evening, …only redeeming feature is not as bad as a [zb] lay by. :unamused:

I hate them too so I now try to avoid them if possible. Its either one of our depots or a truckstop. I do look out for quiet industrial estates though, just in case I “run out of time”. There are a few I can’t get around like Tamworth though. Our lot has accounts with everyone but Welcome Break as well as SNAP so in the offices eyes, there is no reason for us not to use these “secure” parking options.

Robroy, No one is saying that an MSA is secure, just that at an MSA with 100+ trucks in it overnight, drivers stopping for 45s on the night shift etc, there is more chance of someone seeing a crime in progress than if you are in a layby on the A45 or round the back of the local Asda. With appliances on board, I opted to pay for parking rather than pop into MK and park up behind Tesco at Kingston as I thought that if something does go wrong and I wake up tomorrow empty, the GIT insurance will be happier that I tried.

I would have preferred to go to the Red Lion but at fairly late on a Thursday evening, it didn’t fancy my chances of getting in there. Same with PJM. I thought it better to take the space I know I can get than carry on in the hope of finding a better one at the other end.

nick2008:
+1
So a fridge pulls in at night whoopee
Try parking up during the day for your daily rest er yeah night trampers have to sleep too you know but we have more going on around us during the day than you Night time sleepers .
Get some ear plugs :unamused:

I am not disputing a fridges right to park. I am also not disputing a night trampers need for daily rest or that it’s possibly a bit noisier than at night. The replacement of a nice taut with a noisy fridge was mentioned more as a little extra annoyance. In the way you would say that you crashed your car on the way to work, then the office burned down. Oh and you dropped your packet of ■■■■ on the way out! Oh Woe!

nsmith1180:
Robroy, No one is saying that an MSA is secure, just that at an MSA with 100+ trucks in it overnight, drivers stopping for 45s on the night shift etc, there is more chance of someone seeing a crime in progress than if you are in a layby on the A45 or round the back of the local Asda. With appliances on board, I opted to pay for parking rather than pop into MK and park up behind Tesco at Kingston as I thought that if something does go wrong and I wake up tomorrow empty, the GIT insurance will be happier that I tried.

I would have preferred to go to the Red Lion but at fairly late on a Thursday evening, it didn’t fancy my chances of getting in there. Same with PJM. I thought it better to take the space I know I can get than carry on in the hope of finding a better one at the other end.

But is there more chance?
Some of the posts on here refute that, and as for anyone witnessing and reporting, I would say more like most would take a ‘‘Can’t be arsed’’ attitude.

I’m the first to agree with you about ■■■■ poor attitudes the powers that be take about truck parking, but I think it’s a paradox to automatically take it that MSAs are a safer option, the fact is they aint…end of.
As I said I never use them, or lay bys, but I am very selective and take all the precautions open to me…ie not too remote, well lit up, try and park alongside others, maybe in view of a camera, leave back doors open etc… and all the rest ‘common sense’ stuff.
Maybe I’ve just been lucky but so far it has worked for me on the whole.

robroy:
As I said I never use them, or lay bys, but I am very selective and take all the precautions open to me…ie not too remote, well lit up, try and park alongside others, maybe in view of a camera, leave back doors open etc… and all the rest ‘common sense’ stuff.
Maybe I’ve just been lucky but so far it has worked for me on the whole.

I used to be the same Robroy, until I got the bolt seal chopped in three such places in a week on containers. I have no idea what I have done, but apparently I drove through a mirror, under a ladder, running over a black cat at some point this year.

nsmith1180:

Radar19:

robroy:

Radar19:

nick2008:
+1
So a fridge pulls in at night whoopee
Try parking up during the day for your daily rest er yeah night trampers have to sleep too you know but we have more going on around us during the day than you Night time sleepers .
Get some ear plugs :unamused:

I am not disputing a fridges right to park. I am also not disputing a night trampers need for daily rest or that it’s possibly a bit noisier than at night. The replacement of a nice taut with a noisy fridge was mentioned more as a little extra annoyance. In the way you would say that you crashed your car on the way to work, then the office burned down. Oh and you dropped your packet of ■■■■ on the way out! Oh Woe!

Not any more, council are targeting any hgv not parked in a designated bay, tickets and clamps are being used, Kingston has a 7.5ton parking ban, Just never been enforced.Till now.

Is it just me or is the fact MSA’s offer secure parking nothing more than a pigment of drivers & hauliers imagination? I have never seen it advertised, don’t they just hide behind the old “at your own risk” clause like pretty much everywhere else that facilitates parking in society? I’ve paid £15 to park my car in an NCP for half a day before, bloody rip off, but I wouldn’t have expected them to take any responsibility for any theft/damage.

nsmith1180:

robroy:
I have no idea what I have done, but apparently I drove through a mirror, under a ladder, running over a black cat at some point this year.

Nah, you started a haulage company, bad luck will follow you round. :wink:

WELCOME Break into my trailer

Wheelsonfire:
WELCOME Break into my trailer

Excellente :smiley:

I too admire your gutsy attitude mate, these crimes are happening every single day, and not just a one off, there is a lady on Faceache who does campaign for us truckers and has meetings with msa managers on a regular basis ( karen is her name ) but no one is listening are they…i wonder what they do with the thousands of pounds collected every night…i would be inclined ( if i paid ) to refuse to pay until i got some form of protection…What we need is a fenced off area…only trucks permitted…CCTV, and or security of some kind, but guys who actually walk around…but this costs money, and would they put the prices up, or would you pay a higher price for parking with secure facilities, i believe they are over priced in the first place at up to £30 a time…but i wish you all the best if you manage to get some satisfaction from your quest…but i doubt you will.

Its Karen Roberts Truckyboy, but she has had to step back for personal reasons, and there doesn’t appear to be anybody to take the baton forward.

Ken.

biggriffin:
real papers involved, The sun, or better still the Express or Mail.

If the sun the express and the mail are your best hope your well ■■■■■■

truckingtv.co.uk/police-say-hart … pril-2018/

Quinny:
Its Karen Roberts Truckyboy, but she has had to step back for personal reasons, and there doesn’t appear to be anybody to take the baton forward.

Ken.

I’ve had quite an encouraging conversation today with a media organisation, not one of the big ones but encouraging none the less. I’ll be doing more work on this in the future.

peirre:
Even on day work I’ve given up trying to stop at tibshelf Northbound due to the chaos of the pallet opperation at the top of the truck park

the lorry wash there is a pain in the {zb} to