Not One Of My Better Weeks!

As the title says I’ve had better weeks, last week stopped at Cambridge Services on the A14 on Tuesday night only to notice on driving up the A1 Wednesday morning that “■■■■ Turpin” had put a small “inspection” cut in one of the curtains. I’d done my daily check as well :blush: so must be more diligent next time!

On Thursday decided to stop again at Cambridge Services due to the chaos on the M1 and A1 and a lack of duty time. Also on my 45 minute break at Stansted Sevices M11, I’d witnessed a Maritime DAF having it’s cab re-profiled by a LHD Magnum (Yes I did give my phone number and details to the angry Maritime driver :frowning: ) so I decided that Cambridge Services was a better option :confused: So when I got there I provided 10 minutes entertainment trying to reverse into the last space :blush: :blush: :blush: big thanks to the Lloyds Transport Services driver in the MAN who guided me in!

But Friday was the icing on the cake, I managed to lock myself out of the cab (left the keys in ignition as you do) for three and a half hours waiting for Volvo to come and unlock, it took the service guy less than a minute to get in, in fact it took him longer to set up his step ladders! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

So hoping this week will be “incident” free!

I think most of us truckers can relate to what sort of week you had. I have parked up a lot overnight at cambridge services, and i have found that if atall possible if you park backed up towards the coach park side instead of backed up to the field side you are less likley to get broken into. :wink:

howatsi:
But Friday was the icing on the cake, I managed to lock myself out of the cab (left the keys in ignition as you do) for three and a half hours waiting for Volvo to come and unlock, it took the service guy less than a minute to get in, in fact it took him longer to set up his step ladders! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Did that myself, dived out of the truck to open twist locks, wind blew door shut, bam, locked, engine running etc…

Volvo turned up 90 mins later, 5 mins to open passenger door (using technique you’ve now witnessed) and then asked why I’d left it running, I said cause I was just having a box off then offski, and he said, yeah, but why leave it runnin’ for the 90 mins, just hit the cut off here… :blush:

can relate to your week :blush:

once had to tip waste fruit at Huntingdon, job ‘n’ half that was, jumped out of wagon (Scania 420) slammed door shut so the ruddy flies wouldnt get in, and the poxy lock engaged, 3hours later, simply because the fitter had brought the wrong spare keys. :unamused:

The smell was horrendous :frowning:

TonyCBR:
can relate to your week :blush:

once had to tip waste fruit at Huntingdon, job ‘n’ half that was, jumped out of wagon (Scania 420) slammed door shut so the ruddy flies wouldnt get in, and the poxy lock engaged, 3hours later, simply because the fitter had brought the wrong spare keys. :unamused:

The smell was horrendous :frowning:

I smashed my window when I did this! Not recommended! It cost me £270.00 to replace the glass! :blush:

howatsi:
As the title says I’ve had better weeks, last week stopped at Cambridge Services on the A14 on Tuesday night only to notice on driving up the A1 Wednesday morning that “■■■■ Turpin” had put a small “inspection” cut in one of the curtains.

I saw him down the pub afterwards,he was well gutted you did’nt have anything worth nicking. :laughing:

■■■■ Turpin.jpg

are you on for viamaster… i think i saw your name in the defect book in the garage. :wink:

its suprising how easy it is to get into a truck, with renaults all you need to do is “short out” certain wires on the truck to make the central locking disengaged, thats all the renault fitters do :exclamation: :open_mouth: :wink: :sunglasses: