Second week over

Hi all,

First of all, I am not upset with any of you with regard to my previous post: ‘First week over’. You all were right and I have taken your advice on board.

Anyway, the saga continues a little longer since I was able to find out that my boss was sending me around with defective brakes on the lorry. I was damned sure that there was something wrong with the brakes as the lorry would take a very long time to stop even when empty and the brakes would seem to lose their grip also (which was explained to me as the ABS coming on - lol). Anyway, I brought the lorry back to the yard last Monday, refusing to touch it until something was done about it. I was duly told by the mechanic that the whole brake system was replaced over night since it must have been in a right mess.

Wednesday passed by on a different note and I had to take fuel at a different fuel station than specified. I put in £20 worth of fuel and was told by my beloved boss that I could kiss my £20 good by as he would do ■■■■ to give it back to me. He destroyed the receipt right in front of me - leaving me without prove.

Than came Thursday. I have to admit that we did not have much rain over the last three weeks but Thursday was gifted with torrential rainfalls. Guess what? Just a quarter through my journey my wipers packed in. The yard sent me to some local garage to have it checked and it was found out that the wiper motor had packed in (I did check the fuses before hand and knew there was something more serious to it). Needless to say that the rest of the day was a complete nightmare driving around without wipers and I do not know how I made it back safely to the yard.

Friday was decision day for me because I was really ■■■■■■ off. It simply did not make sense to me to risk my life and that of others for a mere £6.00 an hour. Sot this. And hey, this stupid arse of a boss really came back to me while I was driving, telling me that he would not tolerate any more deliveries coming back which I did not manage to do on Thursday because of the broken wipers as I was not able to reach people in time. It just became cristal clear to me that I was left with the worst lorry in the yard and that I was eating ■■■■ at an alarming rate. Nevermind, I decided that enough was enough and I finished last night handing in my notice. I shall give a ■■■■ about his (boss) promise that I will get no further jobs in Ireland since he seems to have a problem with people of my nationality. But hey, who gives a ■■■■?

Anyway, that was me going two weeks through hell. I am in a right mess just now but I also know that I will survive. I am not afraid of this ■■■■■■■■ and man, what an experience. Would look really nice on my CV, wouldn’t you think.

Now there goes a story for you Ladies and Gents. Enjoy and believe or not. Take care.

P.S. I find it important to note that I did not miss one single delivery from the day I started. In fact, I was working 16 (sixteen) hours flat out on my first day because this ‘EMPLOYER’ was not giving me even one chance or the benefit of a new starter. Ever since, my average working day was something from twelve to thirteen hours.

good luck with the next job, sounds to me like you’ve been unfortunate enough to find the lowest employer of them all; I’m sure the next job will be much better :slight_smile:

best of luck from me too
this employer sounds like a right [zb] :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
your better off without him :wink:

Well done :smiley:
I know people who would,nt even
go anyway near that place for a job.
But I know you wear tyring to gain
experience from them.
But best of luck for the next job…

:smiley:

I think you made the right decision there - although I would personally have abandoned the truck somewhere and only told the idiot where it was once I had recieved the money owed… … …

… … … best of luck in your new search for work !!!

G

RoadSailor:
I put in £20 worth of fuel and was told by my beloved boss that I could kiss my £20 good by as he would do [zb] to give it back to me. He destroyed the receipt right in front of me - leaving me without prove.

I would have punched him right in the face if he had of done that to me. (making sure there were no witnesses so he didnt have any proof.) :laughing:

Hope you find work with a decent company. I thought I had worked for some ■■■■ firms until reading your posts. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Best of luck mate :slight_smile:

[quote
I would have punched him right in the face if he had of done that to me. (making sure there were no witnesses so he didnt have any proof.) :laughing:
quote]

Hi Toploadertom,

Yeah, I would have loved that too but unfortunately, he’s had the guts to do this in the office in front of three others. Not much I was able to do than. Anyway, it’s over and I am starting to get my life back on track.
Take care and all the best

Agree with others you have made the right move.

Name and shame the [zb]

Good luck with whatever you find next.