Same E14 410 Jake.jpg.bmp.jpg
E14 410 Jake.jpg.bmp.jpg

And I’ve just found this:

232683238_1.jpg

So at least we know the lights worked! Robert

The bumper looks odd?

railstaff:
The bumper looks odd?

Yeah, the bumper was, I think, part of that inbetweener version of the E-series that was only offered as LHD and overlapped with the new EC and had quite a lot of the EC’s innovations in it. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

railstaff:
The bumper looks odd?

Yeah, the bumper was, I think, part of that inbetweener version of the E-series that was only offered as LHD and overlapped with the new EC and had quite a lot of the EC’s innovations in it. Robert

The 410 had a bigger radiator, IIRC, so the plastic “bumper” got a bigger hole in it for that engine. I think three was a 465 version of the E, which also had that bumper panel.

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:

railstaff:
The bumper looks odd?

The 410 had a bigger radiator, IIRC, so the plastic “bumper” got a bigger hole in it for that engine. I think three was a 465 version of the E, which also had that bumper panel.

I can find only two LHD without this feature: an E14:Cu350 and an E12:TX385.

All the LHD E14:Cu380s have it; all the E14:Cu410s have it; and all the E14:TX12 400s have it.

Glancing through my RHD E-series pics I notice that these too have the bumper/rad feature on E14:410 models, also on E14:365s and E14:465s (of which only two sold).

Robert

Another French example. Robert

erfrob1a.jpg

24e92397b9a78ce54b8bdfcf56c05d4d--trucks.jpg

Here’s a Spanish example posted this morning on the ‘ERF clearing-house’ thread by Ste46. Steve says the ERF has had most of its parts removed. He took the picture in Rebagliato Dolores and suggests that it might have been based in the Alicante area. For his full explanation, here’s the link:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=137287&start=90

Cheers, Robert

IMG_20180607_102758.jpg
IMG_20180607_100858.jpg

Recent article in Classic Truck mag about the LHD high-cabbed ‘Norseman’ unit. Robert

This French one looks as if it might be a preservation job! Robert

Looks like a very late model Robert ,zoom in on the front hubs they look like EC type ones :wink:

Punchy Dan:
Looks like a very late model Robert ,zoom in on the front hubs they look like EC type ones :wink:

Good observation Punchy! Yes, all those '90s LHD E-series were really almost prototype EC-series units with the old cab. They weren’t anything much like the UK version. At least they had Twin-splitters in them, whereas all the LHD EC-series appear to have had sychro boxes. Robert

Northern French E14 example found in a Belgian yard awaiting export to Africa: reg No. 9779ZS59.

9779ZS59 French E14.png

A wonderful find posted this evening by ERF-Continental on the E-series thread, as follows:

ERF-Continental » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:12 pm
Just found a Dutch E-series of LOETONING from Heerlen. LOETONING (abbrevation of Loet, Ton and Ingrid) was the
new company superseding Langen from Geleen, very known for tanktransport (dry/wet) and general transport through
many European-countries. The E-series (E12.40) had 400 hp produced by a Perkins. Unknown where the chassis came
from and/or newly bought or second hand.

ERF-E12TX-Loetoning-Heerlen-Geleen.jpg

Also via ERF-Continental on another thread:

ERF-LOETONING-STEIN.jpg

Swiss rigid example recently posted on the LHD B-series thread:

Anyone know what country? Or is it just a UK left-■■■■■■?

74ca916012415dbbbd68a8291feafc3c.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

To answer my own question: James & Son was / is a UK haulier; and here are a couple of their RHD examples -

gR.jpg
OvIP.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-NGC-European:

To answer my own question: James & Son was / is a UK haulier; and here are a couple of their RHD examples -

So are they anything to do with James Grain? Just wondering as they are identical in colour which is an unusual colour, the bottom photo has Thory on the nameboard on the cab roof, they are a haulier from Peterborough so maybe under contract?