Left-Hand Drive E-series ERFs

I checked some documents and to me EC12 refers to Perkins…but I am aware Detroit Diesel was a choice…
just as earlier a C-series was suddenly equipped with a KT450 ■■■■■■■ imported from USA…

ERF-Continental:
I checked some documents and to me EC12 refers to Perkins…but I am aware Detroit Diesel was a choice…
just as earlier a C-series was suddenly equipped with a KT450 ■■■■■■■ imported from USA…

You are right A-J, the 12 does refer to Perkins but the number 127 referred to Detroit! Robert :slight_smile:

See new thread about LHD ECs for more info about them. Meanwhile, on the LHD E-series trail, here’s another pic from Spain. Robert :slight_smile:

4683976_1.jpg

I was not joking nor kidding about Robert’s welcome initiative on further E-series, like ECS, ECT, ECX
and herewith an extraction with some pictures of the latest ERF brochure

Pay attention to both EM’s, the 6x2 and 8x4 version, something Dennis and S&D would like to engineer

ERF-Continental:
I was not joking nor kidding about Robert’s welcome initiative on further E-series, like ECS, ECT, ECX

Pay attention to both EM’s, the 6x2 and 8x4 version, something Dennis and S&D would like to engineer

Love the Globetrotter cab on the Green 6 & 8 wheeler Dust-Carts (oops sorry, EM Municipal Vehicles :unamused: ) got to be P.C. Is a microwave/fridge etc standard or extra? Regards Chris

adr:

ERF-Continental:

Love the Globetrotter cab on the Green 6 & 8 wheeler Dust-Carts (oops sorry, EM Municipal Vehicles :unamused: ) got to be P.C. Is a microwave/fridge etc standard or extra? Regards Chris

Heavens, I still call them dustbin lorries! Have they changed their names? :laughing: Robert

I bet you (would) still like it when your garbage was collected by these ERF’s? A-J

ERF-Continental:
I bet you (would) still like it when your garbage was collected by these ERF’s? A-J

Did you know that ERF South Africa made dock shunters, and buses? Robert :slight_smile:

robert1952:

ERF-Continental:

Did you know that ERF South Africa made dock shunters, and buses? Robert :slight_smile:

I know sir, and in the home-country also trailers, quary-tippers and dumpers! What a
terrific company with guts and knowledge to make things happen!

Mr. R. Hackford

Dear Sir,

We herewith confirm your letter in which you highlight your concern on transport in our city.

At the moment we can offer various ways in collecting waste in our community but regret
no method is according your requirements. We did try to gain an ERF NGC with 335 ■■■■■■■
and LHD but demand for this vehicle is enormous due to export!

We however assure to give full attention with our current fleet, consisting of Dennis-vehicles:

1. Gully emptiers

2. Mini-Bulkmaster for garbage-collection every week

3. Bulkmaster for garbage-collection every two weeks

We admit that the Perkins-engines installed are not satisfactory for you but they do the job!

Feel free to keep us active for future investments in our municipal-fleet.

Yours trully,

A.J. ■■■■■■■

Secretary to the major

In case you consider some construction and need extra capacity we can offer the Dennis PAX V Load Lugger
with an attractive system on delivering and exchanging empty/full containers.

Dear A.J. Van Kemanade (secretary to the Major)

Thank you for your esteemed information regarding the municipal vehicles on offer. I showed the pictures to my drivers, who, alas viewed them with some dismay and pointed out that they all had right-hand-drive. They felt that driving them in this suburb of Istanbul would be outside their safety comfort-zone, given the chaotic nature of the traffic here. They suggested that we wait for an NGC to become available and start looking for trailer versions of municipal vehicles for it to tow.

Yours with all gratitude for your efforts,

Robert H.

(Municipal Transport Director to the Caliph)

Dear Sir,

We feel very obliged to receive your answer and regret we are not able to meet your requirements.

For the time being the waste in your area will be stored and we can offer a tilt with a genuine
Dennison (we are firm on following the alfabet so after Dennis it is Dennison) and we then ship
all your collected waste. I have been told that the Rolls Royce Eagle can be replaced by a ■■■■■■■
and also the gearbox of you or your men’s choice can be installed.

Awaiting your news with keen interest,

A.J. ■■■■■■■ Jr. (my dad is out searching for NGC’s whatever that is…)

Following the alfabet …Ebro will come after Dennison and then ERF?

Sir

Those Dennisons come only RHD and with Rolls Royce 265s and 13-speed Fullers as standard equipment, so one of those will be fine, thank you, while you are spooning ■■■■■■■ 290s into the rest of the batch of ten and converting them to LHD. I thank you for your prompt attention and your successful attempt to come up with a solution.

Yours etc

R

ERF-Continental:
Following the alfabet …Ebro will come after Dennison and then ERF?

Ebro: wasn’t the the Spanish Ford? Robert :question:

Ebro was the Spanish Ford with some familiarity to the D-series. You prefer the more heavier Barreiros with a NTC335?

Ebro was imported by the company of Beers (same as Scania-Vabis) but experienced quite some claims!
Limited numbers were sold…history repeats itself…hardly service…chicken and egg-problem, and
Beers had more than enough business with Scania-Vabis.

ERF-Continental:
Ebro was the Spanish Ford with some familiarity to the D-series. You prefer the more heavier Barreiros with a NTC335?

I think the Barreiros Dodge came with a Chrysler engine and 9-speed Fuller, didn’t it? The cab wasn’t very big! Robert :slight_smile: