Left-Hand Drive B-series ERFs

A few Swiss-registered ERFs on this thread. This one, sent to me this morning, looks like a ‘new’ one to us on here. Rowena

Another Swiss example sent over to me this morning. This interesting pic shows one of TIRTRANS in what looks very like a Middle-East location.

ro erf.jpg

Rowena

robert1952:

@Rowena…perhaps a connection with the presumed French (Union Jack) ERF?

adr:
Commercial Motor Mag’.

Here IT is! Fresh from the motor show Geneva

ERF-Continental:

adr:
Commercial Motor Mag’.

Here IT is! Fresh from the motor show Geneva

Ah yes! I see where you are coming from A-J. I’ve lost count of the European B-series units. Have you kept a register?

newerf749.PNG
ERF-B-TIR-Trans-Basle.jpg

To be honest…also here on the other side of the canal…there is some maintenance and updating.

Nowadays very busy on a level of writing on Italian commercial vehicles but I will keep an eye on the
‘missing’ pieces of this jig-saw. All in all, quite a bite of the pie has been eaten and it is a matter of
patience if something from an unexpected corner will be inputted/posted.

As we are speaking, also on the NGC…no news on the Cockerill-chassis nor other findings, but I will
be awake in case we catch something on the internet. Bear in mind that 30 years (and more) we had
to buy magazines or ask around or visit exhibitions or even libraries…now we click “google” and…

Keep sound, safe and (more important) happy Rowena!

ERF-Continental:
To be honest…also here on the other side of the canal…there is some maintenance and updating.

Nowadays very busy on a level of writing on Italian commercial vehicles but I will keep an eye on the
‘missing’ pieces of this jig-saw. All in all, quite a bite of the pie has been eaten and it is a matter of
patience if something from an unexpected corner will be inputted/posted.

As we are speaking, also on the NGC…no news on the Cockerill-chassis nor other findings, but I will
be awake in case we catch something on the internet. Bear in mind that 30 years (and more) we had
to buy magazines or ask around or visit exhibitions or even libraries…now we click “google” and…

Keep sound, safe and (more important) happy Rowena!

Yes, I agree with that. I wish you well with your research of the Italian transport scene. And thank you for those sentiments: we will all need a dose of happiness to see us through the pandemic! :sunglasses:

Thank you Rowena…it’s strange nowadays…finding a comfortable balance between what has to be done in and around the house
and the so longed planned things (sort out a photo-album, forgotten dvd’s and cd’s old contacts to write, call or mail) and then all of
a sudden that week is over…to transfer all those ‘to do’s’ to the next week(s)…but no matter when.

More or less I missed the pedals on the B- and the so beloved NGC-series to catch up…sometimes quite some bits pop up concerning
documents (read brochures) but that is ‘grey’ to us…or came along frequently.

No harm done when we proceed even in 2021…well, let that be a sound and safe “we’ll meet again” as often referred to.

A-J

PS When you still would like to extend your library on ERF (e.g. NGC- and B-series) give a yell.

A few more stray Middle-East LHD B-series pics have come to my notice: ‘new’ shots of vehicles already on here, starting with Nick Bull’s example.

Rowena

Pic sent to me by email this week:

Rowena, wow…a nice found

Taken on the yard of Best Truck in Rijsoord…Oud-Beijerland was merely the office of Best Truck…a house in fact.
See the small but fast (also in reverse) DAF car at the right. Prooi of Barendrecht (see side plate) was the owner.

I will try to expedite matters on the register…due to some updates by now

ERF-Continental:
Rowena, wow…a nice found

Taken on the yard of Best Truck in Rijsoord…Oud-Beijerland was merely the office of Best Truck…a house in fact.
See the small but fast (also in reverse) DAF car at the right. Prooi of Barendrecht (see side plate) was the owner.

I will try to expedite matters on the register…due to some updates by now

You have sharper eyes than me! So we have a picture of the elusive Prooi ERF at last! :sunglasses: And is that not the logo-design arrow of their Rotterdamse customer HT Wilhelminakade?

David Wakefield photo

Leftie

B4529D95-4839-4362-8586-560F2AB72CC0.jpeg

Cant remember if i have posted this before.

Click on twice to read.

a left-hand drive 8x4 in Switzerland

UNIC:
a left-hand drive 8x4 in Switzerland

Blimey! I think that’s the first left-■■■■■■ E-series rigid I’ve seen on here!

ERF-NGC-European:
Pic sent to me by email this week:

There is also a small DAF tugging at that Toilet Cleaner trailer

Just found this on the internet.

JLC00714-05.jpg

Here’s a better version of the pic of the Swiss Stammler unit posted some time ago. There are other pics of it on here too. :wink: