Latest news and offers from Peter Smythe Transport Training

I would probably do the same ROG. But we’re not all the same and, for some, the knowledge that they wont have to cancel the family holiday because they didn’t pass straight away is worth it’s weight in gold.

And that’s the reason it’s on offer. It’s not for everyone. But it’s a help for others.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

So who won the Dec 23rd draw then Peter?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=143411

This is an experiment. I want to know how many folks get round to reading this section. So I’m putting an offer on just for 48 hours. So this offer will expire at 2130 on Friday 27th January. The offer is this:

CAT C £1400 including free driver cpc (Mods 2 and 4 or 35 hours as required)
CAT CE £1450 including free driver cpc (Mods 2 and 4 or 35 hours as required)

Then, take 10% Trucknet discount making it £1260 for CAT C and £1305 for CE.

Completely FREE accommodation for the duration of the practical driving course if you live more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW.

Someone taking both C and CE will save IRO £900 on course and cpc fees AND end up with 10 years of driver cpc.

To take advantage of this offer, simply send me a pm with your name and telephone number BEFORE the cut off time above. You’ll get a call to answer any questions and, if you’re happy, you have the option to take up the offer. If you do, you’ll be asked for just £150 deposit. You have till the end of 2017 to take your course at times convenient to you. Do not call the office for this offer; it must go past me personally.

Any queries or questions, post on here or pm me.

We don’t do smoke, mirrors or anything underhand. (If we did it would be all over Trucknet and Facebook in a heartbeat!).

As I said, this is purely a way of seeing how effective this section of Trucknet is. Fill ya boots!

OFFER NOW CLOSED

Hi Pete,

Those who spend some time looking for HGV training on the internet will invariably find Trucknet (as I did) and therefore will come across your post.

To my mind, it is a highly effective way of raising awareness of your training school!

Pm sent

All booked in and really excited :slight_smile:

OK folks. So we’re approaching the cut off point for this offer - little more than 10 minutes to go!

But let’s have a bit of fun and turn it all on it’s head. If this offer didn’t suit you (and it clearly suited some folks) send me a pm and suggest an offer that would appeal to you.

Let’s see if there’s something out there I’ve been missing!

Am new here so hello everyone.

I haven’t long been in from night shift so please excuse any spelling mistakes or general banging on.

This thread is directed at Peter Smyth, or anybody who knows his company well enough to answer some of the questions i have.

Ok so earlier this week i had sort of a bad experience with a local training center and i get a sinking feeling that am dealing with a bunch of clowns and now am really thinking about doing it the Peter Smyth way instead.

Am not here to name and shame but it all started when i turned up at my local training center to start my assessment drive, after paying the receptionist i was directed into a waiting room where 2 instructors were sat, almost immediately they started calling each other names in fun, using the F word and the C word, this lasted only about a minute until they then started talking about their ■■■■■■ exploits in great graphic detail, way too graphic for me to explain about on a site such as this one, all of this was right in front of me, a paying customer who they had only met 4 minutes earlier, i could only sit in silence and stare at the wall the entire time, now you can maybe expect to hear that kind of talk down the pub but you don’t expect it in a professional business.

Anyway, after however long that lasted for one instructor went to to get the lorry i would be assessed in, and for me the final straw came when i was near the end of my 20 minute assessment drive when my instructor was talking about his career, he said " i have been here for 3 months now " to which i replied " what did you do before working here then ? you worked for another training center ? " he said " no i was a used car salesman… but i drove lorries in the army " so he could probably sell his granny if need be.

Now i know its nothing major like my instructor crashing the lorry into a wall while getting the vehicle ready for me to drive but its all left a sour taste in my mouth, am not sure how many instructors this company has but i think 100% of the ones i met are not very suitable for teaching, one is very young ( 26 max and very Jack the lad-ish ) and likes everybody to know in graphic detail about his ■■■■■■■ lifestyle and the other highly inexperienced at teaching, i don’t want to be taught how to drive LGVs by either of these two instructors but i just know i’ll get one of them, or possibly both somehow.

Now the company itself seemed ok to me, its a private company and not a broker, the premises are nice enough, the receptionist and doctor are very professional and polite and they have modern lorries that also seem to be well maintained so i wonder if they just have a few rouge instructors working for them, nonetheless its put my right off going with them if am honest as am on a budget, its not like money is no object, i will be spending more money on training than i spent on the car am driving around in.

So now i have really started to think about training with Peter Smyth as his reputation speaks for itself but i live over 120 miles away, the way the crow flies and over 140 actual driving miles so i wanted to ask a few questions really about category C training.

1. Would i qualify for free accommodation living this far away ?

2. Is training 1 on 1 ?

3. Are they Full days training ?

4. Would i need another medical if i go with Peter Smyth ?

5. I have already paid and booked my theory and hazard perception so i’d like to know the cost of only, practical training, test, and CPC module 2 and module 4 please.

6. Would i need an other assessment drive, i really don’t want to travel all that distance to do a quick assessment drive and then drive back, if absolutely necessary i could make a Saturday or Sunday appointment at 11am the earliest but weekdays are really a no go due to work and distance involved.

7. How much would the assessment drive cost and how long will it last for ?

Sounds like a top drawer set up the last place you went :smiley:

I’m sure Pete will be along to answer your questions over the weekend,I know the answer to a couple of them but may aswell let Pete answer them all accurately.

2. Is training 1 on 1 ?

5. I have already paid and booked my theory and hazard perception so i’d like to know the cost of only, practical training, test, and CPC module 2 and module 4 please.

6. Would i need an other assessment drive, i really don’t want to travel all that distance to do a quick assessment drive and then drive back, if absolutely necessary i could make a Saturday or Sunday appointment at 11am the earliest but weekdays are really a no go due to work and distance involved.

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience; sadly this is not that unusual as the industry is totally unregulated so folks like this just get away with it. Anyway, I’m here to answer your questions:

1. Yes
    2.Yes
    3.Up to you. Normally 3.5hrs per day but some prefer 7 hour days Sat and Sunday with test Monday, and that works just as well.
  2. No
  3. Practical training, incl accommodation, test, VAT with no hidden extras £1400. Initial cpc £350 for Mod 2 training, test, Mod 4 training, test. All practical tests at our private test centre so no time spent going to test centres. We also have our own in house Module 4 examiner so no delays. So total £1750. Now take off your 10% Trucknet discount gives you a total of £1575.
  4. No
  5. £30 less 10% if you chose to have one - but weekends are tricky. 1 hr assessment with fee credited to your course if you book.

You will have a choice of using a manual 8 speed truck or one of our new autos.

All our instructors are fully trained, qualified and registered. We operate a “no shout” policy which has never needed to be enforced. Whilst all our trainers have a sense of humour, I would be disappointed if it reached the levels you describe and I would be doing more than “having a word”. I’m up for a laugh but I believe in standards as well.

Hope this helps; don’t hesitate to contact me either on the thread or by pm if I can help further.

Peter Smythe:

2. Is training 1 on 1 ?

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience; sadly this is not that unusual as the industry is totally unregulated so folks like this just get away with it. Anyway, I’m here to answer your questions:

1. Yes
    2.Yes
    3.Up to you. Normally 3.5hrs per day but some prefer 7 hour days Sat and Sunday with test Monday, and that works just as well.
  2. No
  3. Practical training, incl accommodation, test, VAT with no hidden extras £1400. Initial cpc £350 for Mod 2 training, test, Mod 4 training, test. All practical tests at our private test centre so no time spent going to test centres. We also have our own in house Module 4 examiner so no delays. So total £1750. Now take off your 10% Trucknet discount gives you a total of £1575.
  4. No
  5. £30 less 10% if you chose to have one - but weekends are tricky. 1 hr assessment with fee credited to your course if you book.

You will have a choice of using a manual 8 speed truck or one of our new autos.

All our instructors are fully trained, qualified and registered. We operate a “no shout” policy which has never needed to be enforced. Whilst all our trainers have a sense of humour, I would be disappointed if it reached the levels you describe and I would be doing more than “having a word”. I’m up for a laugh but I believe in standards as well.

Hope this helps; don’t hesitate to contact me either on the thread or by pm if I can help further.

Thanks peter for the speedy reply.

Am happy with the answers i have received and will more than likely be in contact once i have saved up the money.

Does training need to be fully paid for before been booked as i only have a small window in the summer in which to do my training but have not saved the full amount yet.

Also the training school i went to told me that you did not need to do 35 hours training for the initial CPC as you just needed to sit and pass a test.

Do you have a pre 1997 car licence :question: - if no then you MUST do the initial driver cpc tests mod2 theory and mod4 practical to gain your first 5 year DQC

During that first 5 years you then do the 35 hours to extend the DQC for a further 5 years

Does training need to be fully paid for before been booked

Absolutely not! £150 deposit on booking, balance 10 days before the course starts.

ROG has made a good point, but assuming you do need Mods 2 and 4 you will do well to get the Mod2 sorted well before your practical so that you can finish it off with Mod 4 at the same time as your practical training.

You also have the option of completing Mods 2 and 4 months before your practical training. That works perfectly well and means that passing the driving test really is the final hurdle rather than being “almost there”.

The way forward may be to book and pay for Mods 2 and 4, together with the associated training and get them done. Then, when £150 is available, reserve the dates you want for your practical.

A member of our customer care team will be happy to talk through all the options if you want to give them a call - 01623 555661. Or pm me with your phone number and I’ll give you a call.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:
Do you have a pre 1997 car licence :question: - if no then you MUST do the initial driver cpc tests mod2 theory and mod4 practical to gain your first 5 year DQC

During that first 5 years you then do the 35 hours to extend the DQC for a further 5 years

Thanks guys for the replies I passed my test after 97 but am still unsure weather the initanl CPC requires 35 hours training or just sitting a test.

Peter Smythe:
Absolutely not! £150 deposit on booking, balance 10 days before the course starts.

ROG has made a good point, but assuming you do need Mods 2 and 4 you will do well to get the Mod2 sorted well before your practical so that you can finish it off with Mod 4 at the same time as your practical training.

You also have the option of completing Mods 2 and 4 months before your practical training. That works perfectly well and means that passing the driving test really is the final hurdle rather than being “almost there”.

The way forward may be to book and pay for Mods 2 and 4, together with the associated training and get them done. Then, when £150 is available, reserve the dates you want for your practical.

A member of our customer care team will be happy to talk through all the options if you want to give them a call - 01623 555661. Or pm me with your phone number and I’ll give you a call.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Securing the dates i need in advance before i have all the money is a massive selling point for me, i only have a 2 week window in the summer to carry out training and to pass my test and its paramount i don’t miss that date, if i do my next chance would be summer next year and i don’t want that to be an option.

I already have the first £180, i should be contacting you or your team very shortly.

As you passed car test after 1997 you will need to pass initial driver cpc modules 2 theory and 4 practical to gain your first DQC (driver cpc card) which is valid for 5 years

Before that first DQC expires you will need to attend 35 hours of periodic driver cpc to enable you to drive LGVs commercially for a further 5 years

Regarding finance - you could get a new credit card with perhaps two years interest free credit on it :bulb:

Peter Smythe:
This is an experiment. I want to know how many folks get round to reading this section. So I’m putting an offer on just for 48 hours. So this offer will expire at 2130 on Friday 27th January. The offer is this:

CAT C £1400 including free driver cpc (Mods 2 and 4 or 35 hours as required)
CAT CE £1450 including free driver cpc (Mods 2 and 4 or 35 hours as required)

Then, take 10% Trucknet discount making it £1260 for CAT C and £1305 for CE.

Completely FREE accommodation for the duration of the practical driving course if you live more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW.

Someone taking both C and CE will save IRO £900 on course and cpc fees AND end up with 10 years of driver cpc.

To take advantage of this offer, simply send me a pm with your name and telephone number BEFORE the cut off time above. You’ll get a call to answer any questions and, if you’re happy, you have the option to take up the offer. If you do, you’ll be asked for just £150 deposit. You have till the end of 2017 to take your course at times convenient to you. Do not call the office for this offer; it must go past me personally.

Any queries or questions, post on here or pm me.

We don’t do smoke, mirrors or anything underhand. (If we did it would be all over Trucknet and Facebook in a heartbeat!).

As I said, this is purely a way of seeing how effective this section of Trucknet is. Fill ya boots!

OFFER NOW CLOSED

Is this offer still available or possible to do? I have just passed my theory and want to book in somewhere asap. I am between a few places but this looks a really good offer. I did my medical at your place a few weeks ago and looked a good set up.

Thanks tim

The official answer is “no”. But I’ve sent you a pm.

… and it’s amazing what can happen when you send me your phone number! One more happy man.