Latest news and offers from Peter Smythe Transport Training

Hi, Great offer, do you know what would be extra super brilliant? If you offered so-called pass protection, but refunded it if the candidate passed the first time! That would be an awesome thing to do (if you do not already)
ATB,
Tommy.

TommyTanker:
Hi, Great offer, do you know what would be extra super brilliant? If you offered so-called pass protection, but refunded it if the candidate passed the first time! That would be an awesome thing to do (if you do not already)
ATB,
Tommy.

I think that’s like taking out car insurance then at the end of the year saying to your insurer “I haven’t crashed so can I have my money back?” :laughing:

ItsJoe:

TommyTanker:
ATB,
Tommy.

I think that’s like taking out car insurance then at the end of the year saying to your insurer “I haven’t crashed so can I have my money back?” :laughing:

You do, in the form of NCD, and if this is insurance then there would be an insurance premium tax to pay on it, that would take around 10% from the pocket though! Maybe half or 3/4 returned. I think it is just a pocket liner ain’t it if someone passes the first time, well done, thanks for the extra dosh, goodbye…

I’ll treat that comment in the manner it deserves. Just off to check the linings of my pockets now!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

TommyTanker:

ItsJoe:

TommyTanker:
ATB,
Tommy.

You do, in the form of NCD, and if this is insurance then there would be an insurance premium tax to pay on it, that would take around 10% from the pocket though! Maybe half or 3/4 returned. I think it is just a pocket liner ain’t it if someone passes the first time, well done, thanks for the extra dosh, goodbye…

It would quickly empty the pockets again covering peoples retests. Its insurance take it or leave it.

Quick maths lesson. Income £250. Deduct VAT and that leaves £208.33. So total income is £208.33. Someone fails 3 times (highly unlikely, I accept). 3 test fees @ £115 = £345. Then add costs of supplying vehicle for test, preparing site for test and not being able to use site whilst in use for test. Let’s call that a modest £100 a time (it’s more). That comes to £300. Add the test fees and you get £645.

It works simply because folks don’t need 3 retests as a rule and we take the gamble. The proven irony is that folks who take Pass Protection are more likely to pass straight away because the pressure is taken off. And it’s the pressure that turns into nerves which turns into a fail.

No-one has to have Pass Protection. But it’s on offer and it’s up to the individual.

Peter Smythe:
Quick maths lesson. Income £250. Deduct VAT and that leaves £208.33. So total income is £208.33. Someone fails 3 times (highly unlikely, I accept). 3 test fees @ £115 = £345. Then add costs of supplying vehicle for test, preparing site for test and not being able to use site whilst in use for test. Let’s call that a modest £100 a time (it’s more). That comes to £300. Add the test fees and you get £645.

It works simply because folks don’t need 3 retests as a rule and we take the gamble. The proven irony is that folks who take Pass Protection are more likely to pass straight away because the pressure is taken off. And it’s the pressure that turns into nerves which turns into a fail.

No-one has to have Pass Protection. But it’s on offer and it’s up to the individual.

I might have missed something here, If most people pass on the first attempt, you are either gaining a good bit or they are subsidising other peoples tests, either way, It is a hedged bet isn’t it?

It’s exactly the same as insuring your car - except for that being a legal requirement.

The insurance company takes £■■ from ■■ drivers and expects to pay out £■■ on claims.

If that’s a “hedged bet”, so be it.

The fact is that no-one has ever complained about the scheme except for one or two wishing they’d taken it up.

Okay, fair enough, you seem to have a good reputation, we shall agree to disagree Pete :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing:

Yes, just a couple of days left to get yourself registered with us for training anytime to suit you in 2018. As well as the extremely competitive offer, you’ll be entered into our Prize Draw with the prize being a FREE COURSE! There is no catch, no smoke and mirrors. You don’t even have to hold a provisional licence to register. Here is a copy of the offer:

For a long time we’ve given Trucknetters 10% discount off everything we do. But now we’re going one step further and giving free driver cpc as well. So this could be Mods 2 and 4 incl training and test fees or 35 hrs (some of which may be gained from the driver training). All completely free when a full C, D or CE course is booked and paid for.

So, to be clear, a discounted C or CE course - together with free cpc (either initial or periodic) currently has a total cost of £1260 and £1395 respectively. And there is still free accommodation for the duration of the driving course for those living more than 70 miles from our centre. There will be a rate increase during 2018 but anyone booked beforehand will avoid it. (it’s not going to be huge anyway).

Probably the best value to be had.

To take advantage of this, give your Trucknet user name when booking.

The offer will be withdrawn 21st December 2017. Deposits must be received by close of business 21st December 2017 to qualify.

ON TOP OF THIS, EVERYONE WHO HAS PAID THEIR DEPOSIT WILL BE ENTERED INTO A PRIZE DRAW - - AND THE PRIZE IS A FREE COURSE + CPC!

THIS WILL BE DRAWN ON DECEMBER 21ST AT THE END OF BUSINESS (4pm) AND THE WINNER WILL BE INFORMED BY PHONE. THIS WILL ALSO BE PUBLICISED ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

Really clever folks will pay £200 x 2 and get the offer twice over. Once for C and once for CE. For those with no current driver cpc you’ll get 10 years driver cpc out of this - - completely free of charge! All you have to do is to call with your £400 and book the training, when it suits you, to take place during 2018. Doing this will save around £900 in total. Not to be sniffed at - - and wont be repeated anytime soon! £2655 for C, CE and 10 years cpc.

PASS PROTECTION CAN BE INCLUDED AT THE REDUCED RATE OF £250 FOR EACH COURSE. THIS COVERS YOU FOR UP TO 3 RETESTS ON EACH COURSE.

Those of you more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW will be offered accommodation for the duration of your practical training (not periodic cpc) completely free of charge.

Remember the offer is open only to registered Trucknet users. You don’t need to be a regular poster - so long as you can quote your user name when you book.

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CAN REGISTER WITH US WITHOUT A PROVISIONAL LICENCE AND TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF THIS OFFER! SIMPLY CALL THE OFFICE 01623 555661 DURING OFFICE HOURS AND SET YOURSELF ON THE RIGHT ROAD.

Some simple t’s and c’s:

Cpc training must be taken within 12 months of driving course
Once cpc dates are agreed, they are not transferable and will be lost if cancelled by the customer for any reason
Cannot be used towards ADR training
Winner of free course agrees to publicity on social media

Happy to answer any questions - just fire away!! O yes, and good luck.

Just booked , fingers crossed and locked. :smiley:

Just booked , fingers crossed and locked

Many thanks. And all the best with the prize draw, your training and test.

It’s been more than a little bit busy in the office today - thanks to all the folks who are taking advantage of the great offer. ONE of you will will the Prize Draw - so no more to pay for your course.

Best of luck to all of you. And to those who haven’t got round to it, you have until 4pm Thursday (tomorrow) to register and pay your £200 deposit.

Just booked C+CE yesterday, Santa be nice to me, please.

And the winner of the Christmas Prize Draw 2017 is RAV from West Lothian. Congratulations!!

And thanks to everyone who took part and still get a fabulous deal.

Peter Smythe:
And the winner of the Christmas Prize Draw 2017 is RAV from West Lothian. Congratulations!!

Wow, that news left me totally speechless! Many thanks to Peter and the Team for making the Xmas more cheerful…

Rav

Rav:

Peter Smythe:

Wow, that news left me totally speechless! Many thanks to Peter and the Team for making the Xmas more cheerful…

Rav

Congratulations!! How lucky are you to join the forums just a day before the announcement of this offer and be the winner! Good luck with your training!

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm…

Yes, you read it correctly. From New Year, we’re offering up to £1,000 of interest free credit repayable in 10 instalments of £100 over a 10 month period.

The remainder of course fees are due before the course starts as normal.

As always, no smoke or mirrors. It’s just that I believe there’s folks out there that are caught in the trap of not being able to save enough for the course. Also those whose credit history lets them down. I’m not interested in history. Our business is all about the future and so we’re prepared to help in every way possible.

The £1,000 can only be used as part payment of a full LGV or PCV driving course and is an alternative to our normal discounts.

Any questions, fire away.

Happy Christmas all,