Large UK lorry fleets 1950's to present day!

Howard Tenens.

P&O companies
Pointers
Eastern BRS
Derek cooper
Chris Hudson International
Inter city transport
MA Walkers cosby
Stirlands
West transport

A few from Northern Ireland:-
Dukes Transport (Portadown)
Montgomery’s of Glengormley
Woodside Bros;
McBurney’s, apparently the biggest N.I. transport company at the moment.

Regards
Dave Penn;

Anymore fleets from anyone ?

A few more from me.
A B E from Ledbury.
J & B Bulk Haulage.
Agribulk
Avonline.
M Way & Son.
Cooper Buckley.

harold wood
len green
sid harrison
ici
john summers
pointers
brains
samuel williams
bulwark
spiers melksham
associated dairies
wincanton
them as worked out of moxley for the patent shaft R… was it durham?
smiths of eccles
smith of Maddison
steel company of wales
sorry if any have been mentioned before new on here
when I win the lottery I am going to buy a new scanny and 12 bore purdy every mornig at 4am i’ll get up put both barrells into the ■■■■■■ and go back to bed…this ■■■■■■■ computer spell worse than me?

nearly forgot
duncan barber
consolidated land sevices
northen ireland trailers
onward
henlys car transport
tolmans
british oxygen
cooper wednesbury
them at moxley were richard hampton
jack richards
london brick
thomas allen
p and o
ferrymasters
silver roadways
tate and lyle
british sugar
distillers co
bowarters
a hingley
edward beck
buckley tankers
midland road tanker services (MRTS)
pickfords tankers
abbey hill
abbey road tankers
dawson freight
eegbeers
ketton cement
mitchells and butlers
breedon hill quarries
stampers
harry lawson
peter McCallum
john hunters
gibbs fraserborough
andy wishart
got the headache now

Atkins of Derby

hiya how about british cellenise (courtaulds)
s jones
shirleys
bassetts
h tideswalls
carr and hodgkinson
edgar bentley
norman green stoke
coopers of milton
carmans /brit european
harry evans /mark young
reg stevens mac
william kirk
swains pointon
most of the companies in these lists i can remember from the 70,s that have now gone
John

Some more from me.
Widdowson Group.
Bartletts.
S. J. Bargh.
Ken Mallinson.
Arthur Spriggs.
Pentons at Oswestry.
Atchison Topeka.
Tyson H Burridge.

gunnerheskey:
P&O companies

P&O was a tremendous outfit in its day: North Western Roadways, West Midland Roadways, Coastal Roadways, Eastern Roadways International, Henry Smithers, John Forman, James Hemphill, A S Jones, Northern Ireland Trailers/Pandoro, N.I. Trailers (Scotland), Storemasters, Butlers Warehousing, Ferrymasters… plus any I’ve forgotten, not to mention all the shipping, and the Arndale Centres and Bovis Homes!

240 Gardner:

gunnerheskey:
P&O companies

P&O was a tremendous outfit in its day: North Western Roadways, West Midland Roadways, Coastal Roadways, Eastern Roadways International, Henry Smithers, John Forman, James Hemphill, A S Jones, Northern Ireland Trailers/Pandoro, N.I. Trailers (Scotland), Storemasters, Butlers Warehousing, Ferrymasters… plus any I’ve forgotten, not to mention all the shipping, and the Arndale Centres and Bovis Homes!

…and there were quite a few more including Anglo Overseas, Containerflow and a computer software operation based at Station House in Altrincham along with most of its UK ops in the late 70’s - 80’s and does anyone remember a service they had / maybe aquired in the 70’s called Europa Express? (Sorry but I can’t get my head around this Dubai Ports thing)

Courtaulds (Northern Spinning Division) Middleton, Nth; Manchester
HTS, London
Brian Harris, Widdecombe, Devon
Sammy Scotts, Oldham
Blue Dart Transport, Middleton

Regards
Dave Penn;

The quarry fleets over the years.
Tilcon
Tarmac
ARC
Amey Roadstone
LaFarge
Hobbs Quarries
Hoveringham
Nash Rocks
Mann-Abell

what about mcfarlane transport leeds green and yellow happy times in my old f10

Springfield Haulage (Hull) Ltd
Link Road Transport

McGawn of ayr
rugby cement
them on the a5 tamworth had loads of old AEC 8 leggers on coal Smith think they became CTS

hayday:

240 Gardner:

gunnerheskey:
P&O companies

…and there were quite a few more including Anglo Overseas, Containerflow and a computer software operation based at Station House in Altrincham along with most of its UK ops in the late 70’s - 80’s and does anyone remember a service they had / maybe aquired in the 70’s called Europa Express? (Sorry but I can’t get my head around this Dubai Ports thing)

Thomas Allen,Russell Davis,Scotpac,H&S Transport,O.C.L.

legin66:
what about mcfarlane transport leeds green and yellow happy times in my old f10

They were new in 1978. I remember Gordon and his brother Ian on ITV Young Entrepreneur of the Year programme. They won the first prize and another local lad called Des Arnold won it one year, he was building twin wheels for agricultural tractor backs.

It worked a bit like Dragons Den, where the entrants had to push their business plan to local businessmen and bank managers.

hi all, you havnt mentioned remploy , they had depots all over the country,they were a big company,also a old firm is alek archer from stretton or that area cheers john :slight_smile:

smallcoal:
hi all, you havnt mentioned remploy , they had depots all over the country,they were a big company,also a old firm is alek archer from stretton or that area cheers john :slight_smile:

Alec Archer & Sons Leintwardine John.Also Jukes from Leintwardine,now running as Richard Jukes.
Cheers Dave.