JWQ Transport

the photo of the 1418 merc seems to have been taken in the parks area of swindon.their were a few drivers from the parks area only one comes to mind a les pitt . as for the1418cab i could lay full out am 6foot 2. i think most cabs of that era were called day cabs.the merc was about the first so called sleeper around at the time

bubbleman:
Definately an Adrian Cypher shot Steve…roof chopped :smiley: :smiley: ,not sure where in Swindon though

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

[from smiffy52] when i drove for QS in the 70s i drove GRD 127L i recon charlie with the long hair and beard,played a guitar,bit of a hippy drove the 1418merc in the pic,we used to take the passenger seat out,they were pretty roomy then,better than curling up on a mandator engine bonnet,god the things we used to do,lol.

smiffy 52 are you talking about mr norton with the guitar oh happy days you remember the pub incident in reading ?

shakysteve:

daf3300:

GAZ70:

Mark R:
Heres an old JWQ photo, sorry its not very good quality but better than nothing, does anyone know anything about this old Merc or where the photo was taken?.

can any one tell me if these merc’s had a proper sleeper,they always looked way too narrow for a bunk :question:

they were just rest cabs the germans kept the full sleepers for them selves but for the time they were roomy ,

preety sure thats in cavvy square in swindon taken by i think my old mate Adrian Cypher ,bubbs may recognise !!!

Could well be the “Cavvy square” . . . looks like the n/s window has been done :smiley:

Suedehead:

shakysteve:

daf3300:

GAZ70:

Mark R:
Heres an old JWQ photo, sorry its not very good quality but better than nothing, does anyone know anything about this old Merc or where the photo was taken?.

can any one tell me if these merc’s had a proper sleeper,they always looked way too narrow for a bunk :question:

they were just rest cabs the germans kept the full sleepers for them selves but for the time they were roomy ,

preety sure thats in cavvy square in swindon taken by i think my old mate Adrian Cypher ,bubbs may recognise !!!

Could well be the “Cavvy square” . . . looks like the n/s window has been done :smiley:

Suedehead ,so did you drive for Q in those days ?

shakysteve:

Suedehead:

shakysteve:

daf3300:

GAZ70:

Mark R:

No mate,ime not that old :stuck_out_tongue: but used to freqent the “■■■■ Robin” in the mid/late 70s.

Suedehead:

shakysteve:

Suedehead:

shakysteve:

daf3300:

GAZ70:

Mark R:

No mate,ime not that old :stuck_out_tongue: but used to freqent the “■■■■ Robin” in the mid/late 70s.

OK oh young one so who do you drive for at the moment ?

daf3300:
i thought ricky ran a pub in cirencester , and talking of pubs smiffy 52 if you are who i think you are remember being told to leave a pub in reading ■■?[/quot

We had leave paul you had ur trousers round yer ankles again,arf,arf,i still laugh about that,who were we with that night,tom fiddler,dave elvin,n i spect bob easton was fallin about somewhere,great times, :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Hi daf 3300 is this the motor you refer to on page 10, this was taken at normans cafe at brotherton sometime in the 80,s .

brothertonmick:
Hi daf 3300 is this the motor you refer to on page 10, this was taken at normans cafe at brotherton sometime in the 80,s .

yes thats the one , i had it second hand , i seem to remember i kept it about 2 years then got a berliet

Just to keep you JWQ boys up to date. I saw ■■■■ Godden on Thursday in Cirencester, he’s OK and working in the building trade.

Hello lads,I got chatting to my pal Ade Cypher …he’s been mentioned on this thread before,anyway he’s sent me about 20 pics from JWQ…Heres a couple to start with. :smiley:

I’ll put a few more on over the weekend :wink:

nice to see eight legger i drove it for about five months.it had a trailing axle aways getting stuck when empty .smoke like hell in morning when starting but good in its day.in earlier post someone said they poured oil down the drains at reading this i can confirm happy days no health and safety.

nice to see the noddy from swindon that was steves one he went to security at l&h after he stopped driving i started on his old one the little ford

Hi again,heres a few more from Adrians collection :smiley:

Could be a load of books from Marshgate in the last pic, think "young " Mark Mathews drove the Fiat for a bit.

you could be right about the books used to go to a shippers in grays they had 2 of those fiats in swindon with l&h transport on both flying machines , i seem to remember paul parkin having one of them

daf3300:
you could be right about the books used to go to a shippers in grays they had 2 of those fiats in swindon with l&h transport on both flying machines , i seem to remember paul parkin having one of them

Must have been quick,its ■■■■■■ off already !! :confused: :smiley: :smiley:
Been racking my brains(whats left of them) trying to remember the name of the co that did the books?
Done a few loads out of there to Grays +Brentwood when i was on for Hughes tspt,whos yard was on Marshgate . . 50yrds away :blush:

Hi again,apologies for the loss of the Fiat pic in the last post…its the picture resizer playing silly buggers :unamused:

Here she is again and a few mates. :wink:

bubbleman:
Hi again,apologies for the loss of the Fiat pic in the last post…its the picture resizer playing silly buggers :unamused:

Here she is again and a few mates. :wink:

Cracking pics as ever bubbs.Was the pic of the Daf taken at the County ground ?. . . looks like somebody nicked the poor ■■■■■■■ tilt cover overnight!! :smiley: :smiley: