Just Eat/Hungry House etc

Also, I heard of a guy using a gas stove that decided to do some cleaning at the same time. Needless to say, spraying an aerosol cleaner near a naked light had catastrophic consequences. We were all banned from having gas stoves after this.
I do still use one but am very careful. My current boss is getting me a microwave for my new truck [emoji4]

A microwave is great but a gas stove still has its place i think. I use packets of rice it cooks far better in a pan of boiling water and… boiling the spuds, can only be a saucepan for them :wink:
Outside on the floor or on a windy day inside the trailer locker (door open) is ideal…

Another driver took my truck whilst I was on hols. When I came back he had a pop at me. He’d used my gas cooker, ok, but smelt gas. ‘So I gave it the flame test’. The dummy had smelt gas so went looking for the leak with a match! And he blamed me for his lack of eyebrows.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

AndrewG:
A microwave is great but a gas stove still has its place i think. I use packets of rice it cooks far better in a pan of boiling water and… boiling the spuds, can only be a saucepan for them :wink:
Outside on the floor or on a windy day inside the trailer locker (door open) is ideal…

I certainly won’t be getting rid of the stove. It’s the only way for boiling water! As for rice…no! I can’t boil rice to save my life for some reason, always turns gloopy! So it’s uncle bens for me which a microwave is ideal for.

The obvious floor in the plan…

Being, that you might end up in an area where there’s no signal for yer phone or interwebby.

Rice; Uncle Bens ‘Boil in the Bag’ works every time. I agree with the purists out there it’s not ‘proper proper’ rice but, for convenience when cooking in a cab it’s the least messy solution.

Spuds can be boiled in a microwave. Stick 'em in glassware, fill halfway with salted water, give 'em 8 to 10 minutes and you’ve got hot fluffy tatties.

My number two driver lost his Bic throwaway lighter in the cab once. It soon became evident where it had gone when it exploded, (filling the cab with a fireball for a second) in the rim of the gas cooker we were using to make a brew at 60mph.

Used just eat and find they are great, a better deal can be had by contacting the take away direct though as these sites take commission.

Hungry Whores is also excellent when one feels a tad peckish.

Why anybody would want to be in a motor all day,and then eat and sleep in it at the end of a shift.
If it means parking up somewhere abit earlier,within walking distance to a town so you can change your surroundings and eat out, do it,use your night out money as its intended not to subsidies your wages
No law says you have to max out and park in a layby

I find variety works well, some nights it’s a chill in me cab eating me own grub (night out money budget for shopping), other times I’ll venture out into the cafe, then there’s times you park next to a colleague get the beers out, put the world to rights, get ■■■■■■ and order a takeaway.

Occasionally it’s off down the pub with a group.

I’m a solitary kinda gal (hence the profession) so am quite happy with me own company, but it is nice to meet up and have some banter.

To be fair though most nights it’s card out/■■■■ out and a quiet one alone.
But each to their own.

Oh here we go again… “Don’t use your gas cooker inside”… " My mate had his head blown off"… “I heard a story about…”… “Think of the children”.

Get over it. Thousands of drivers use a gas cooker inside the cab, and have not died. Millions use gas cookers in houses, and do not blow themselves up daily. I have used gas appliances inside the truck, camper vans and boats, and i still have all my own eyebrows… Just be sensible​.

I bet more accidents occure because of electrical fires than gas fires in trucks.

Buy yourself a slow cooker cheap from Asda 3.5 litre and a 600 watt inverter and make yourself curries stews/casseroles etc and cook it while you drive. Get parked up at night and your food will be ready for you to eat.

lolipop:
Why anybody would want to be in a motor all day,and then eat and sleep in it at the end of a shift.
If it means parking up somewhere abit earlier,within walking distance to a town so you can change your surroundings and eat out, do it,use your night out money as its intended not to subsidies your wages
No law says you have to max out and park in a layby

You’re talking a foreign language to some on here bud, if they are nowhere near an MSA after 8hours 59 secs, or a bloody lay by they’re Donald Ducked. :unamused: initiative aint in their vocabulary.

I have a microwave, but usually go out a couple of nights a week also.

Am I missing something here, how many firms fit microwaves for trampers now?
I had one bought for me a few years back, and a fridge, but that was when I was on for a good co. that looked after their drivers, I would think firms like that are still in the minority are they not?

Apart from ROB…everyone else seems to be stating how to cook rice, and how to use a cooker…My flabber is Ghasted to think a driver/tramper is expecting his boss when speccing a truck/fleet to include a microwave and a fridge ( tbh he never mentioned a fridge ) A drivers checklist should include his own cooker/fridge/tv/dvd or whatever other entertainment he chooses…i wonder how on earth he ever managed before…i assume a day worker, and this is his first time tramping, every company i have ever worked for ( except my present one ) has never even paid for a map, drivers today expect all mod cons.
My present boss supplies a top of the range tom-tom…and if a new driver starts he will pay for fridge and whatever a driver needs…like bedding etc…he supplies clothing and gloves etc and everything to do the job…a truck and a trailer…a tool box…spare tacho rolls, bulbs of all kinds, straps, spare tir cord…padlocks…you name it…he supplies it…a great boss…even if he is foreign…AHA…theres the answer.

I rarely eat takeaways preferring home cooked food so hungry crap and just vomit is no good to me and many’s the time I’ve walked into a strange chippy and asked to taste a freshly made chip only to take my leave chipless. I don’t eat chippie sausages they’re abominable the “pies” are gravy enclosed in pastry with meat being rarer than a good TM/boss and what passes for a burger would make a starving dog think twice. The last boss I did nights out for announced the imminent arrival of a couple of new trucks which set the alarm bells ringing as there had been no consultation re the spec of the new ones.

Now I don’t really care what truck it is but some have certain features you like. My about to be replaced truck had a fridge in it which was handy obviously and I made use of. No microwave but I had a stove. Sorted. I asked the knob/boss if the new one had a fridge? No. Is there any chance I can get one? No. Swap the fridge out of the old into the new? No. I gave him two options. He could put me on day work or sack me coz I wasn’t doing nights out anymore. He didn’t sack me and that was the end of me doing nights out. Now you could give me a 3 ring circus you’ll find me tucked up in my own bed at night!