Takeaway apps

Has anyone ever used a takeaway app etc…to get food delivered to there truck when on a night out?

Have done dominos a couple of times and it’s worked.

An app will probably be hassle when trying to fill in the ‘address’ of where you are parked.

Just google local takeaway of choice and phone them and it’s much easier to tell them you are in a truck parked on such and such road or outside ‘business ******’

I downloaded just eat app , never ordered anything but got the contact details of the takeaway I wanted and phoned direct. told them I was parked outside for eg Anglian windows anytown in a blue Scania sign written xyz can you deliver ? . had to pay by card upfront but was never let down .

Usually im more than happy park up and go for a walk always do find a chippy take away cafe etc. But now winter’s looming and raining don’t fancy a 10 20 min walk in the rain just to get some food

I use the just eat app if im stuck.Use google maps for the street name and when your on the app press the location in the search bar and it gives you the postcode of were your parked.I use my card to pay incase the person bringing it trys to add a wee extra for there own pocket.

Used just eat few times . Hit and miss , sometimes been waiting hour and half while others been speedy , trouble is most places want you to spend at least a tenner then delivery on top so can get expensive, when i can be arsed I will walk

alexjohnclarke:
Used just eat few times . Hit and miss , sometimes been waiting hour and half while others been speedy , trouble is most places want you to spend at least a tenner then delivery on top so can get expensive, when i can be arsed I will walk

A tenner isn’t an issue might get you a bag of chips down south if your lucky

I’m sure Dozy will be able to give you some tips on lay-by food. He seems to be a genius at making a manky Orange seem fantastic

I use Takeaway near me on Google, sometimes it’s nearer to walk then drive but if not just ring them, paying by card isn’t a problem because the apps require that too.

I do remember a pizza shop in Slough charging me £21 though

Remember ordering a ruby from Bridport indian,very nice.bloody expensive.
If you find yourself near Beoley…Atwell farm theres a fab Indian place in the crown green pub who delivers and brings his card machine,Had a King Prawn Pathia with Peshwari nan tother week.Sensational so it wer. :astonished:

I’ve not done it, but have been there when our machine controllers have had food delivered to them on track at the nearest railway bridge/station/level crossing. If they can do something that random can’t see a problem with delivering to a truck

I had a kebab delivered to my truck via just eat recently, just put my registration and the street address in. No problems.

I’ve used just eat and dominos many a time. Just need to to find a postcode for where you are which is easy done, then in the first line of the address I put “in lorry (insert colour and or company name next)” then I put my reg either on same line or next line.

They’ve always found me easy enough and delivered it right to my cab door.

edd1974:
Usually im more than happy park up and go for a walk always do find a chippy take away cafe etc. But now winter’s looming and raining don’t fancy a 10 20 min walk in the rain just to get some food

I thought you lived in benchill, not some southern fairy…

I have done it from both sides ordered to the truck and many years ago delivered the takeaways.

The chinese that I worked for was on the corner of two main roads with an industrial estate about a mile away.

Many times I had a delivery ticket reading something like blue and white truck on … industrial estate.

Nothing like hot food at the end of the day.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I asked at the gate of a secure industrial estate that had an overnight parking area if the local take aways delvered and was told that most did but you needed to inform the gate who was delivering .
Found a local pizza place and ordered a chilli pizza , chips and garlic bread they asked if I wanted a drink with it and when I said I would prefer a beer they said no problem they would get some from the off-licence next door !
They rang back a few minutes later with the price for the lot and I paid for it all via a card .
25 mins it was all delivered by a couple of dodgy looking asian lads who turned out to be really great and wouldn’t accept a tip .
The food was the best pizza I had eaten for a very long time and about half the price that I would pay from a chain in my area .
I used it a couple of times over the next year and always had great service .
The local take aways in my area got used to delivering to the end of the pier when us locals were night fishing , I always use the independents when I can and tend to avoid the large chains .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

tommymanc:

edd1974:

Im.getting soft in my old age

edd1974:

tommymanc:

edd1974:

Im.getting soft in my old age

You don’t need a takeaway mate, you need some blue pills off eBay delivered in discreet packaging. :grimacing: :grimacing:

Sometimes the peeps doing the deliveries get a bit twitchy about delivering to lorries, as I’m usually parked on an ind estate I normally give them the name of the Co I’m parked outside, tell them I’m security for said building and intercept them as they arrive. They’re hardly going to refuse me then!