James c ashworth of bradford

paul summers747:

scud:
0Here,s another for you.

I think the driver of F88 is jim cullymore is that little BoB from vetnor st garage at the side of him

I lads i thought this thread had dried up, hows the book doing Richard i cant wait to read it i arn’t getting any younger you know.
Hope you are keeping well
cheers Dave.

Hi youngdave hope you are good order ; not seen you about for a while are you still considering retiring this year i am back at crossley evens they have a driver off having an operation it takes some getting back into the swing of things but good to be back and seeing all those happy faces. feels like i have not been away .do you see anything of your neighbours the time me and irvin went in for a cup of tea .i saw whot went over those pots in the sink irvin did, not it was the contents of the babies potty i did an about turn and said that i had forgotten to deliver some ones milk poor irvin ha ha

paul summers747:
Hi youngdave hope you are good order ; not seen you about for a while are you still considering retiring this year i am back at crossley evens they have a driver off having an operation it takes some getting back into the swing of things but good to be back and seeing all those happy faces. feels like i have not been away .do you see anything of your neighbours the time me and irvin went in for a cup of tea .i saw whot went over those pots in the sink irvin did, not it was the contents of the babies potty i did an about turn and said that i had forgotten to deliver some ones milk poor irvin ha ha

Hi PAUL glad you are back Crossleys i will posiblie eyeball you now you are back on the road,yes i think i will be calling it a draw
later on in the year but i don’t know when yet maybe end of summer . Yes the neighbours they have been gone a few years
now but i have to say it was quite entertaining . hope to see you about keep in touch on here like i said i thought this
thread had dried up.I used to see frank at morrisons on a sat morning but not seen him for a wile hope he is ok.
cheers dave :smiley:

hiya dave bob noble told me franks having another hop on his knee that wos a couple of weeks ago

steve brearley:
hiya dave bob noble told me franks having another hop on his knee that wos a couple of weeks ago

Hi Steve thanks for that info
cheers Dave.

I was looking through a book this morning called More Bradford Memories which in itself is great with some old photos of Bradford , theres one photo of the construction of the Bradford Interchange looking from Manchester Rd and right at the front approaching the roundabout is an AEC Mandator loaded with what looks like reels of paper i havent got a scanner so i cant post it :frowning:

hiya Ramone are you on face book???on the british transportnostagia group there,s a photo of an Ashworths 88. chrome grill and doors wide open its in a line of other lorries…have you seen this photo ■■?
John

3300 john any idea what page the ashworths volvo is on

peterq5422:
3300 john any idea what page the ashworths volvo is on

hiya peteron my post its got…british nostalgiagroup…thats where it is… if you are on FB friend me john holland Chester
you’ll see my aec (adams butter)on my page i can contact and send you photos easier…i used to unload ashys lorries
in the mid 70,s at a agricultial place in Leek when they brought tractors and bailers. thats why i follow your site.
peter theirs a cream car on the page now… it says stoke on trent in the writing

Hello you lads this post seams to have dryed up .

YOUNGDAVE:

Were still here Dave ,still burning diesel ,are you keeping well and still doing a bit of driving,by the way we sold the 8 wheel AEC its gone to scotland no time to do anything with it .

I’m ok Richard think i will be gone by august,
are you ok, still playing with the spanners are you,
i don’t touch then now if can help it,were still working with Phil
cheers dave,

scud:

YOUNGDAVE:

Were still here Dave ,still burning diesel ,are you keeping well and still doing a bit of driving,by the way we sold the 8 wheel AEC its gone to scotland no time to do anything with it .

Seen in its better days

Barry

Those Mk 5’s still look the dogs, even in that condition. :smiley:

grumpy old man:

It`s ex Harold Woods G.O.M , not a million miles from you,… did you see the Harrisons mk111 in 1 of last months vintage magazines parked in Harrisons yard ?

gloves:

scud:

YOUNGDAVE:

Seen in its better days

Barry

barry whist tha sin yon waggin mick

scud:

YOUNGDAVE:

I Richard went past farm other day is that Scammell you’s.
Cheers dave ?.

ramone:

grumpy old man:

It`s ex Harold Woods G.O.M , not a million miles from you,… did you see the Harrisons mk111 in 1 of last months vintage magazines parked in Harrisons yard ?

That Harrisons Mk 3, no I didn’t see it but I’m going to tell you a little story about it and you must promise not to tell anybody…it’s a secret. :wink:
Back in the late 50’s my first job in transport was as a van lad at Harrisons, every Monday morning us young lads were keen to get the big motors out of the garage, nobody had told me about the little red ‘STOP’ flag indicating low air pressure so…I fired the AEC up and took it out into the yard. The front trailer pushing bar didn’t damage the wall too much but the wall did bring me to a sudden stop. :blush: :blush:
“Don’t ever touch the 'kin thing again” said Jack Whitwam, the manager.
I hasten to add, I was young and didn’t have a driving licence. :blush:

IMG_0118.JPGfound the pic ramone the crash bar gives it away got to be one of ashworths cant spin the photo sorry

peterq5422:
found the pic ramone the crash bar gives it away got to be one of ashworths cant spin the photo sorry

also found this one of feather and kents who were bought out by ashworths dad got cte101b his first artic an lv erf