It only took 45 years

After all those years at last this nation has realised that the worlds best selling commercial vehicle is the Ford Transit, 4.5 decades of blindness and now they make and sell them here.

Pat Hasler:
After all those years at last this nation has realised that the worlds best selling commercial vehicle is the Ford Transit, 4.5 decades of blindness and now they make and sell them here.

I wonder if they’ll become the ideal bank robbers van like in the 60’s - 70’s in the UK :wink:

Might get disk brakes as standard in 30 yrs then

This Morning I was watching the horses from California,and the Ambulance was a MB Sprinter!!!
When I worked USA,a Freightliner Sprinter Van turned up and the derisions of the US people was incredible.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The motor industry in this country is so far out dated it’s laughable and what they don’t seem to realise is that we have the internet and see the rest of the world and can see how the people of this country are being ripped off, they build cars and vans that will fall apart with rust in 5 or 6 years, cars that use more fuel than the same or similar in Europe, they only sell a limited range of each model, you can’t buy a 2 door or even convertible Focus here, no 2 door or very economical diesel Fiesta, the Chevy Spark (cheap pile of junk) is not available in a fully electric version, the Chevy Volt (Vauxhall Ampera) only does 25-30 miles on electric before switching to petrol instead of the 100 miles. They take a beautiful model like the Alpha Romeo Guilietta and change it into the horrible Dodge Dart FFS. They refuse to use Galvanised steel to stop cars rotting because that would reduce the sales of cars and profits for the Republican party members.

ha ha pat wish I hadn’t bought me new mustang now im bit worried l.o.l

A good old pat rant. Can’t beat it lol

Pat Hasler:

Hi Pat, yes I’ve seen a bunch at Reliable Carriers yard next to us for the past two months. They been taking them to dealers and shows. I couldn’t get photos as a friend of mine works there with Quater boat racing and peering through the fence is frowned upon.
To be honest when I first came here in 1985 I couldn’t believe how far behind the trucks and vans were. I bought a Ford F350 chassis cab with a 6.9l v8 international harvester diesel. Not even a turbo on it, antiquated slow and not very comfortable. I sold it in 1987.

When Mercedes brought the sprinter over and put it into Dodge and Freightliner dealerships I thought Ford would of jumped on the band wagon then. The Transit Connect seems to be selling well, so perhaps its bigger brother will also.
As soon as I get a chance I will check one out.

Regards Paul.

taffytrucker:
A good old pat rant. Can’t beat it lol

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

First job I got in this country was a car sales and leasing rep for a main Ford dealer, I saw the scams and tricks. I had spent the previous 3 years doing roadshows and in particular helped launch the Ford Focus so I knew all the details, first thing I noticed was the hand book stated each oil change must be done at 3,000 miles, this car had the exact same engine, made in Germany as the UK car which had a oil change after 12,000 miles, the hand books were re-written to sell oil :exclamation:

Never underestimate the stupidity of people!

They tell me my car needs new oil every 6000 miles or six months. I was told the oil goes off ffs, I mentioned that it had been in the ground for millions of years, so it was unlikely to go off, got a blank look, so explained about the dinosaur juice thing, complete look of horror on his face, there were no dinosaurs he says, err so what about fossils then I replied, he says they were put there by the devil to trick us!

I asked him where oil came from then and he told me that they get theirs from a big tank out the back :laughing:

^^^ that’s too funny!!! Was it bring your kid to school day?? As it’s sounds like you were talking to a 9 year old in his dad’s suit!!! :smiley:

That’s living in the bible belt for you…

The primary study is of the good book and that appears to be missing a chapter on common sense :laughing:

Too true, was in my local Ford dealers a few weeks ago to be told the transit was a new model. When I explained that it had been around since about 69 they thought I was mad.
Still going to buy an F150 and my oil changes and filter are free for life. Even if it does have cart springs on the back!

newmercman:
Never underestimate the stupidity of people!

They tell me my car needs new oil every 6000 miles or six months. I was told the oil goes off ffs, I mentioned that it had been in the ground for millions of years, so it was unlikely to go off, got a blank look, so explained about the dinosaur juice thing, complete look of horror on his face, there were no dinosaurs he says, err so what about fossils then I replied, he says they were put there by the devil to trick us!

I asked him where oil came from then and he told me that they get theirs from a big tank out the back :laughing:

Epic, just brilliant as good as they come.

Regards Paul.

newmercman:
That’s living in the bible belt for you…

The primary study is of the good book and that appears to be missing a chapter on common sense :laughing:

I work with a guy who believes that ■■■■, he is the nicest guy you could ever wish to meet. When I first met him we walked to the canteen together and in conversation I mentioned I was an Athiest, he tried to convince me the world is only 7,000 years old, we had a discussion and I told him he is a good guy but don’t try to change my views and I promised not to try and change his, we remain good mates, we eat in diners and have a beer (he say’s grace, which I ignore) and he never mentions the subject.
These people are so blinkered in their views, they refuse to believe the oil greedy people in charge would ever rip them off, they don’t believe the Republican party could ever lie, when I say the Ronald Regan was a total lunatic who at one point was just 12 hours away from wiping out life on earth they are shocked LOL

Jarvy:
Too true, was in my local Ford dealers a few weeks ago to be told the transit was a new model. When I explained that it had been around since about 69 they thought I was mad.
Still going to buy an F150 and my oil changes and filter are free for life. Even if it does have cart springs on the back!

When the Ford Fusion (Mondeo) was launched last year I was looking at one in a dealers and the guy was trying to tell me about it, “I know all about them, I have rented one a couple of years ago in the UK” I said.
“Impossible” He said, “They are a US designed model, these are totally new” :laughing:

You’re all forgetting the usa is at the cutting front of technology and always saves the world. Without them we would be lost

Was in my local Ford dealer (the one next to I-95 at Mystic, CT) buying not a F-150 but a 2015 Explorer, chatting to the saleswomen and was told most of the people interested in the Transit were asking when the diesel was coming in. The reason was most of those asking had been using the Mercedes Sprinter Diesel so wanted to stay with a diesel.

Jarvy, you live in Mystic ? One of my favourite places, stayed in the Whalers inn one night, had Mystic pizza in the town last Labour day weekend :stuck_out_tongue: