Insight Trans Logistics in inkberrow

I may well have done - I used to be in and out of Bidford from time to time - seems a long time ago now!

There was a pilot working in the traffic office
When I was there and a guy called John who had a Euro express van business .
A driver called Toomsy or Coomsy who liked his weed while driving around Europe.
He left the cab like a skip on purpose so if stopped by Douanes, the cab was a mess to find anything .
An Indian driver.
It was paraffin or kerosene until the engine blew up then get another skip on wheels.
Knackered trailer fleet from Denmark .
Red doors .
Toomsy was not Indian but from lets say the "traveling community " for the PC brigade .

That doesn’t make a lot of sense - who’s the weed smoker?

You’re obviously referring to the Bidford company (which was a different business) and stories which have gained momentum over the years, an awful lot of water’s passed under the bridge in the last 15 years. A reputation that has taken years of hard work to leave behind.

Insight are members of the RHA, the Border and Immigration Service accreditation scheme, employing drivers capable of handling equipment valued in the £100,000’s, and have multi-million Pound “Blue Chip” contract work on the books well into 2018.

Everybody has to start somewhere, it’s where you are today that should be what counts, not the dim and distant past.

64Andrewb:
That doesn’t make a lot of sense - who’s the weed smoker?.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: That’s Toby (not the weeding smoking part though! :open_mouth: ). You should read some of his other stuff, he`s great, definitely one of the “characters” here on TN. :wink:

On a lighter note, I saw on your FB page you had a picture of a few of your vehicles in the Moroccan Sahara. We have a few ex North Africa drivers on these forums. Out in interest, what were you taking that far south. Film location stuff?

I have just been reading through this thread and I have to admit that I’m not quite sure who ‘Toby’ is? I have been at Insight for over 10 years now, and apologies to him, as I am at a loss as to who he actually is? Its pretty unusual for me not to know any of our ex drivers, and I tend to keep in touch with most of them even if its just for a bit of banter. Most of the lads who do leave us, tend to leave on pretty good terms, and quite often return for ‘another stint’ once they have been elsewhere. So apologies once again to ‘Toby’ for not immediately remembering you, especially as you clearly have such ‘in depth’ information about our Company. Did you work for us long? was it out of Inkberrow? Regards Gilbert McCluskey

bullitt:

64Andrewb:
That doesn’t make a lot of sense - who’s the weed smoker?.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: That’s Toby (not the weeding smoking part though! :open_mouth: ). You should read some of his other stuff, he`s great, definitely one of the “characters” here on TN. :wink:

On a lighter note, I saw on your FB page you had a picture of a few of your vehicles in the Moroccan Sahara. We have a few ex North Africa drivers on these forums. Out in interest, what were you taking that far south. Film location stuff?

We were involved with taking film props down to the studios at Erfoud. The lads involved absolutely loved it!! I have to admit it was one of the few times I was actually jealous of them. We took a good few loads down there over about six weeks and I couldn’t shut the buggers up!!

Cheers for that Gilbert. It was a bit of a guess as I couldn’t think of another reason as to why a British company would be that far south in Maroc. My brother was involved in the film industry for years and I remember him being on one shoot or another down that way. I believe that the Moroccans had a purpose built studio / set down there as a lot of films were being shot there.

bullitt:
Cheers for that Gilbert. It was a bit of a guess as I couldn’t think of another reason as to why a British company would be that far south in Maroc. My brother was involved in the film industry for years and I remember him being on one shoot or another down that way. I believe that the Moroccans had a purpose built studio / set down there as a lot of films were being shot there.

It was last year for the James Bond film ‘Spectre’ and we were involved with it from the start of filming, following the crew from Austria to Rome and then on to Morocco. We have done a few of the ‘film runs’ over the past few of Years, another one we were involved with, was the last film in the Jason Bourne sequence. The lads were back and forth to Tenerife, which was another time I sat there and thought I’m on the wrong side of the bloody desk!!

Sounds like a great little number. Anything different and that gets you off the beaten track is always of interest. Cheers.