I couldnt.could you?

this dude works it like a boss!!
lets see you do this on your Tosco/stobrat assessment.
youtube.com/watch?v=mImZ92O … 0MB6alHxBQ
and
…I bet he knows how to do a dolly hitch as well…this dude is a legend… :smiley:

Whats a xylophone video doing on a Truck site? And I didnt recognise that tune either.

Franglais:
Whats a xylophone video doing on a Truck site? And I didnt recognise that tune either.

3 lever changes…wheres the xzylophone?..what are you smoking,so I know to stay off it?? :open_mouth:

What the hell is that? :open_mouth:
I thought that I had sampled every gearbox from a full crash David Brown to a synchro ZF, but that is deffo a new one on me.

The H&S nazis would have a hissy with him having…shock horror Both hands off the wheel, I mean, how tf does he manage to brew his coffee and eat his sarnies also, it’s hard enough using your knees to steer on an Autobox without that in the mix :open_mouth:
:wink:

robroy:
What the hell is that? :open_mouth:
I thought that I had sampled every gearbox from a full crash David Brown to a synchro ZF, but that is deffo a new one on me.

The H&S nazis would have a hissy with him having…shock horror Both hands off the wheel, I mean, how tf does he manage to brew his coffee and eat his sarnies also, it’s hard enough using your knees to steer on an Autobox without that in the mix :open_mouth:
:wink:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .he does it well though I wouldn’t like to be his back or arms in a few years from now.

Is there really any need for 3 gear sticks? Trying to figure it out, but is one the main gear lever, another one for the range change and the other for the splitter? I got into a pickle just watching him change gears [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieseldog999:

Franglais:

3 lever changes…wheres the xzylophone?..what are you smoking,so I know to stay off it?? :open_mouth:

So, the center lever is the gear stick, (with a two foot extension on it), the two other levers are to replace the thumb air-switch on top of the stick for range and split changes. So, apart from making a video why??
Answer, no reason. Good video? ok.
Xylophone? Hes waving three sticks around, and playing a tune aint he?

first lever - (nearest the driver ) seems to be the splitter . Looks like it has two positions - high and low .
Middle lever - looks like that has 4 maybe 6 main gears on it .
Third lever -(farthest away ) looks like a range change
Looks complicated but with a bit of practice (OK mabe a lot of ) youd get the hang of it .
No idea where reverse is
I’d have a go but I’ll tell you now I’ll be wanting the I shift back.

sod doing that for me driving a dustcart. lol. fair play to him though, i take my hat off to him

beefy4605:
first lever - (nearest the driver ) seems to be the splitter . Looks like it has two positions - high and low .
Middle lever - looks like that has 4 maybe 6 main gears on it .
Third lever -(farthest away ) looks like a range change
Looks complicated but with a bit of practice (OK mabe a lot of ) youd get the hang of it .
No idea where reverse is
I’d have a go but I’ll tell you now I’ll be wanting the I shift back.

Thats how i see it as well. Totally mechanical gearbox, the other two levers are just replacing the range change and splitter switches servo actuation.
Thats just got to make peeling the spuds and carrots difficult, nearly impossible…

Like a boss

One lever, and a button, or two (…or three ) was more than enough for me, but 3 levers? One question …Why ? :open_mouth:

Ok, a manual box is more responsive, and you drive the truck as opposed to the truck driving you.
But I’ve done all that, and managed it all very well in the past, so nothing to prove.
So… anything for an easy life these days, can’t be arsed anymore, got lazy, so in a nutshell manual boxes all day long as far as I’m concerned. :sunglasses:

Wow! That’s impressive. And he does it with such ease. Great stuff and great fun. I would love to have a go at that.

Bet he be knackered doing 5 drops in Central London.

Its probably a pretty old MACK.

weeto:
Bet he be knackered doing 5 drops in Central London.

Yeah, just got it into top and the lights change to red!
Bernard

Love the sound of the engine but those bxxxxy levers would do my nut in

I bet on his off duty time,his hobby is sitting playing the 1 arm bandits… :slight_smile:

Done some digging and found out what hes done here. He has a 13 speed Road Ranger with a low/ high and /direct/ overdrive air valves.
What he has done is remove the air buttons and substituted two sticks to shift the air valves…

It’s somebody with inadequate ■■■■■■■■ and a 13spd Fuller, may be an 18spd, I didn’t watch the video.

Basically as has been said, the little buttons on the gear knob to control the range change and splitter have been replaced by sticks.