I couldnt.could you?

as NMM says why would anyone do this …I was so happy when I was given a single stick instead of 2 stick mixer ,on a muddy road it was a pain in the *****. He does a good job but bugger that for a game of soldiers for a 13hr drive 5 days a week.

Why??

Do you think he just doesn’t want agency or anyone else driving his truck on his days off, or holiday?

That’s gotta be a sure way to a have a truck all to yourself, all of the time.

I reckon the kid’s making those noises with his mouth. Truck probably isn’t even moving.

Not right in the head and need some usual SUPER strong yank tablets for headache after a 12hr shift listening to that whistle!!!

And yes he really can touch the passenger window whilst sitting in drivers seat!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

ezydriver:
I reckon the kid’s making those noises with his mouth. Truck probably isn’t even moving.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Bet9jmfdHU

the guys a legend… :smiley:

why would any one wanna drive like this ? Just think bout you knee cap at end of day…nt to mention how unsafe having to let go of steering to attend to clutchs…sorry but if I had to drive like this i woulnxt even bother taking my license let alone work as truck driver.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

akariz:
why would any one wanna drive like this ? Just think bout you knee cap at end of day…nt to mention how unsafe having to let go of steering to attend to clutchs…sorry but if I had to drive like this i woulnxt even bother taking my license let alone work as truck driver.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

You only use the clutch to move off or come to a rest with Fuller/Eaton Roadranger constant mesh boxes,
All those stick movements are done matching engine revs to shift sticks.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

This is how a normal driver uses a 13spd Fuller.

youtu.be/mhv8j7oiTCA

lol …you never went down the box. but where is the "wooden floor"you used to have? :smiley: :smiley: forgot how quite a Volvo was.

In the three lever vid; when he is splitting the gears why is he taking it out of the gear and then putting it back into the same gear after splitting ? Surely splitting the gear would just require moving the left most lever. (only when shifting and un-splitting would require a two lever job) - is their a mechanical reason or is he just hamming it up. I don’t think the air shift for the spliitter did this?

Bluey Circles:
In the three lever vid; when he is splitting the gears why is he taking it out of the gear and then putting it back into the same gear after splitting ? Surely splitting the gear would just require moving the left most lever. (only when shifting and un-splitting would require a two lever job) - is their a mechanical reason or is he just hamming it up. I don’t think the air shift for the spliitter did this?

Whilst killing time at a Tesco RDC, I passed this question on to my workmate who used to do the middle east in a 3 lever day-cabbed Mack, and he said you get faster changes doing it like this, similar to bunny-hopping a twin-splitter - out and then in again to get faster changes between splits.

ezydriver:

Bluey Circles:

Whilst killing time at a Tesco RDC, I passed this question on to my workmate who used to do the middle east in a 3 lever day-cabbed Mack, and he said you get faster changes doing it like this, similar to bunny-hopping a twin-splitter - out and then in again to get faster changes between splits.

I’ve never met your mate, but was he doing that run before or after he was rescued off the “Herald”?

newmercman:

youtu.be/mhv8j7oiTCA

Brilliant antidote! :laughing: :laughing:

JIMBO47:
lol …you never went down the box. but where is the "wooden floor"you used to have? :smiley: :smiley: forgot how quite a Volvo was.

The “wooden floor” is in my other one. It’s lino though, just like the one in the video, but dark vinyl wood to match the plastic wood trim on the dash and door panels.

I had the window cracked open when I took that video, so it was noisier than it could’ve been. These Volvos are quite civilised really.

robert1952:

newmercman:

youtu.be/mhv8j7oiTCA

Brilliant antidote! [emoji38] [emoji38]

I’ll do one when I’m empty and go up whole gears to give you a 9sd treat Robert [emoji41] [emoji41]

Franglais:

ezydriver:

Bluey Circles:

I’ve never met your mate, but was he doing that run before or after he was rescued off the “Herald”?

He wasn’t rescued, he missed it because the lorry in front of him was the last one to get on. So he was lucky.

newmercman:

youtu.be/mhv8j7oiTCA

Hahahaha- I like that.
Mark,you sound like Ray winstone !! :laughing: :laughing:

I’m sure that Ray Winstone drives something a bit quicker 0-60 than me!

dieseldog999:

ezydriver:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Bet9jmfdHU

the guys a legend… :smiley:

Come on Guys, we’ve all done this (haven’t we ?)

Glen Transport used to have a Fantastic Sounding V8 Scania, used to Roar (probably had a blowing exhaust, lol) & I used to drive through Dunstable around 9 oclock in the evening on my way down to West Ferry Printers on the Isle of Dogs, changing gear, way too many times, just to annoy all the revellers. [emoji6]

I remember as a young lad showing off in front of audiences by always setting off in low 2nd even when empty, flicking through a 13speed Fuller without using a clutch…because I could :sunglasses:
Looking back I bet the older hands were thinking …‘‘What a prat’’ :unamused:
:blush: :smiley: