Howdens bridge strike today

Conor:

Wheel Nut:
I was told it was Wincantons

Yeah Bellshill is Wincanton subby but Howdens supply them units which is why there’s a Howdens unit on the front. It was one of a handful of 16ft 3in trailers there are in the fleet he tried to get under a 15ft summat bridge. Supposed to use the Copilot Truck satnav fitted in the truck when you pull the tall trailers. Can only think he forgot he was pulling one of those instead of a 14ft 3in one almost all the other several hundred are and went on the normal route he used.

Wincanton isn’t the subcontractor it is the contractor at Bellshill.

Embarrassingly they are having a big purge on bridge strikes at the moment. Wonder when that pic was taken?

Sand Fisher:
Wonder when that pic was taken?

Yesterday almost immediately

Wheel Nut:

Sand Fisher:

Where bud?

Conor:

the maoster:
Must be photoshopped! Someone will be along shortly to tell us that they are the premier haulage Co nationwide with an impeccable safety record (apart from killing the odd forkie that is) and any driver not working for them is a knuckle dragging Neanderthal.

They’re not a haulage company. No forkie got killed. Anything else you’d like to show us you don’t have a clue about? No need to tell us you can’t drive for crap because we already know that.

From memory it was a wagon driver that died. How do you know the maoster can’t drive? :confused:

Sand Fisher:

Wheel Nut:

Sand Fisher:

Where bud?

thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/lo … isruption/

Is this it ?

In Howden, they call them Dead Ends
In Bellshill they are Bell Ends

ezydriver:

Imp:
One things started to amuse me on my night run, how many frigging kitchens do we go through in this country!
At least 5 company’s that do predominantly kitchens seen flying by night. New builds I get but ive changed one kitchen in 18 years!

18 years is 6570 days.
There are 27.2 million households in the UK.
27.2m / 6570 = 4140 kitchens sold each day if every household changed their kitchen once every 18 years
I don’t know how many kitchens you can get onto1 artic, but I imagine you need a lot of artics to move 4140 kitchens per day.

Howdens Joinery turnover last year was £1.3 billion, not bad for a company who most people have never heard of. In comparison Wren who spend a ■■■■■■■■ of money on advertising had a turnover of £406m. HJ fleet of I think its around 130 wagons now, double shifted if they’re not being used on nights out or in for service/repairs. 64 plate I was driving on Friday which they’ve not even had 4 years had 709,000km on.

I think they’re doing well because people aren’t moving house but instead staying put and spending money on where they live rather than moving to somewhere better.

Conor:

ezydriver:

Imp:
One things started to amuse me on my night run, how many frigging kitchens do we go through in this country!
At least 5 company’s that do predominantly kitchens seen flying by night. New builds I get but ive changed one kitchen in 18 years!

18 years is 6570 days.
27.2m / 6570 = 4140 kitchens sold each day if every household changed their kitchen once every 18 years
I don’t know how many kitchens you can get onto1 artic, but I imagine you need a lot of artics to move 4140 kitchens per day.

Howdens Joinery turnover last year was £1.3 billion, not bad for a company who most people have never heard of. In comparison Wren who spend a [zb] of money on advertising had a turnover of £406m. HJ fleet of I think its around 130 wagons now, double shifted if they’re not being used on nights out or in for service/repairs. 64 plate I was driving on Friday which they’ve not even had 4 years had 709,000km on.

I think they’re doing well because people aren’t moving house but instead staying put and spending money on where they live rather than moving to somewhere better.

Do you drive for these cowboys or something? You know an awful lot about them.

Sand Fisher:
Where bud?

Google Street View

Think we’ve got a Howdens kitchen, not top of the range but has lasted 9 years ish. Quite good really as I’m crap at DIY.

She who must be satisfied wants a new one now including a bit of interior design to open out the kitchen area.

eagerbeaver:
How do you know the maoster can’t drive? :confused:

According to conor, anyone who isnt him cant drive properly!

Conor:

the maoster:
Must be photoshopped! Someone will be along shortly to tell us that they are the premier haulage Co nationwide with an impeccable safety record (apart from killing the odd forkie that is) and any driver not working for them is a knuckle dragging Neanderthal.

They’re not a haulage company. No forkie got killed. Anything else you’d like to show us you don’t have a clue about? No need to tell us you can’t drive for crap because we already know that.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: what’s up precious? Hit a nerve did I? To be scolded is one thing, to be scolded by a no mark legend in his own lunchtime is another! Keep it up Conor, you’re a laughing stock in the virtual world almost as much as in the real world I’d imagine.

Conor:

ezydriver:

Imp:

18 years is 6570 days.

Howdens Joinery turnover last year was £1.3 billion, not bad for a company who most people have never heard of. In comparison Wren who spend a [zb] of money on advertising had a turnover of £406m. HJ fleet of I think its around 130 wagons now, double shifted if they’re not being used on nights out or in for service/repairs. 64 plate I was driving on Friday which they’ve not even had 4 years had 709,000km on.

I’ve never seen a wren advert. Have just bought a kitchen from them though. The house I’m buying hasn’t got one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Howdens are more like Magnet Joinery working for the trade. Wren grew from the original Healey Brothers business of New Home Paint and Status Discount. They developed Meadowhall Shopping Centre and Hygena before it went to MFI. Ebuyer and Wren are the Healey businesses.

It has kept people I went to Howden school with in work for over 40 years

Before I started driving I worked in building trade(early 90’s)Howden joinery Thornes lane Wakefield kept us busy with Kitchens e.t.c.
I’ve started to notice some smart Scanias knocking about,JJO plc kitchens anyone know about these?

Yorkielad:
Before I started driving I worked in building trade(early 90’s)Howden joinery Thornes lane Wakefield kept us busy with Kitchens e.t.c.
I’ve started to notice some smart Scanias knocking about,JJO plc kitchens anyone know about these?

Don’t know anything about JJO, just they’ve a couple of sites up Bacup/Rawtenstall way.

Yorkielad:

JJ Ormerod were founded over 100 years ago in 1868 and, according to their web site , are leading suppliers to many of the best outlets within the industry.
They produce over 600 Kitchens,Bedrooms and Bathrooms every week from their 1.1 million square feet premises in Bacup Lancashire.

Before flat pack furniture the major manufacturers were building airspeed Horsa and Mosquitoes

Wheel Nut:
Before flat pack furniture the major manufacturers were building airspeed Horsa and Mosquitoes

I’m old enough to remember before MFI (Mullard Furniture Industries), Mullard Vehicles selling surplus WW2 ex-military vehicles in Exchange and Mart.
Bernard

i dont see why they cant deiver everything already built and do away with all that flat pack stuff to hel save the enviroment.
think of all the savings that could be made in not having to produce the electricity to power up all those cordless battery drils and screwdrivers.
they could deliver them in those megacube wagon and drags whereupon companies like stobarts along with howdens could be guaranteed to be keeping trailer manufacturers and bridge repair engineer in constant employment for the future.