Hoveringham gravels

nigelhunt:
Nice to see an original ash tray with foden model still in tact.I have over the years obtained many hoveringham model
fodens,but never managed to find one still mounted on the ash tray.I am still trying to find a good colour photo
of the A series E R F s belonging to hoveringham.This is the only photo i have .0

That’s a long tipping trailer for a tandem axle Nigel,could have stuck another axle under that in later years if it wasn’t finished.
Cheers Dave.

Don’t know much about the trailers dave,only know they were all made by crane freuhauf.The same trailers pulled
by mostly scammell six wheel units.Dont have many pictures of the artics,shame as the yard was full of them
during my working years at hoveringham.The first scammells were all fitted with gate change gearboxes and were
a work of art to drive.Wonder what the old drivers would have made of scania opti cruse,or volvo automatic.Probably
fall to sleep at the wheel.

nigelhunt:
Don’t know much about the trailers dave,only know they were all made by crane freuhauf.The same trailers pulled
by mostly scammell six wheel units.Dont have many pictures of the artics,shame as the yard was full of them
during my working years at hoveringham.The first scammells were all fitted with gate change gearboxes and were
a work of art to drive.Wonder what the old drivers would have made of scania opti cruse,or volvo automatic.Probably
fall to sleep at the wheel.

Only Scammell I drove Nigel,was an old wrecker at the firm I worked for,that had a gate change,it was ok,but the brakes weren’t any good on it :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Think this one was kindley posted by bubbleman,early in the start of this thread.

nigelhunt:
Think this one was kindley posted by bubbleman,early in the start of this thread.0

That looks a bit more stable with the six wheeler unit Nigel.I still wouldn’t want to get anything to stick in the front of the body.
Cheers Dave.

just found a photo of some of the four wheelers owned by hoveringham.

Here’s one that most people would never have seen, taken from the dragline cab, Hoveringham… excavating the feedstock before going to the wash plant for processing…

Hiya …theres a photo of Q52BAL Hoveringhams old wrecker on the graveyard site…its sitting in a field nr the M1
in the coalville area… I think te location is right.
John

3300John:
Hiya …theres a photo of Q52BAL Hoveringhams old wrecker on the graveyard site…its sitting in a field nr the M1
John

thats this one before it got painted into tarmac coulors when the took over from cliffe hill granite co

it all ways get’s mixed up with the hoveringhams gravels on lol
here it is before it got converted into the wrecker

TheFan46:

3300John:
John

thats this one before it got painted into tarmac coulors when the took over from cliffe hill granite co

it all ways get’s mixed up with the hoveringhams gravels on lol
here it is before it got converted into the wrecker

Hiya…good photo’s … nice to see what she looked like years ago… thanks TheFan46
John

Hiya …why are they using a crane to open the tailboard on the Foden…sorry just me been daft
John

3300John:
Hiya …why are they using a crane to open the tailboard on the Foden…sorry just me been daft
John

it’s not fella :grimacing: from what i’m told by steve who was the lad in the photo it was lifting RSJ’s :smiley:

where was the picture of the cloffe hill foden taken?

robinswh:
where was the picture of the cloffe hill foden taken?

which on the black and white one?

yes the one with the lad hanging out of the window

Pretty sure this is an ex Hoveringham Stone tipper what with the black insulated body and colour scheme of the cab.

One taken at John Pearson’s yard a couple of weeks ago:

fryske:
One taken at John Pearson’s yard a couple of weeks ago:

is this one ever at gaydon? would love to see it in the flesh :smiley:

It goes to several shows - I have seen it at Gaydon - at its first appearence, it had to be moved as it caused such a hold-up with everyone looking at it!

I can fully understand it causing such interest,as it has been restored to the highest standard.Credit due to the pearson
family.If you are lucky enough to see it you would think it had just left the Foden factory.Wonder if the cab on the floor
behind the school kids was fitted to KNN 616E. This photo was taken at Fodens Factory during a school visit.