Honest Answer Required

There is no point in confirming your suspicions. Some companies will not want certain prospective employees for many reasons, and would you really want to work for someone who doesn’t really want to employ you? Ways around the discrimination laws will always be found.

You’ve now given yourself a complex that you are being turned down for being female, which is going to come across to others. Forget it. Go after any and every job that you want, as a driver, not a gender. Don’t put up your own barriers.

You are already doing it by coming on here and telling us it’s because you’re female, rather than just a driver who can’t get decent work. Good luck in your search, and don’t wear a pink hi-vis for interviews - it’s just not right :laughing: :laughing:

commonrail:
What’s a qualified hgv assesor?

Someone who has done all the government recognised driver training courses Institute of Advanced Motoring - Defensive Driving- H&S and possibly Vehicle Manufacturers driving course(Scania Merc Volvo etc)and has the certificates to prove it.

lolipop:

commonrail:

Someone who has done all the government recognised driver training courses Institute of Advanced Motoring - Defensive Driving- H&S and possibly Vehicle Manufacturers driving course(Scania Merc Volvo etc)and has the certificates to prove it.

not an DSA one though. :grimacing:

When I was at stobarts we had Fiona and her ■■■■■ show , 2 raving lesbians and the a nice women but most militant you’ve ever met , so I can see why bosses don’t want to employ women .

^^^ I did quite enjoy Fiona’s video though! :wink:

lolipop:

commonrail:

Lol

Multidrop and Handballing will be the areas not popular with the ladies. Then there’s depot-depot trunking. OK if you like Night shifts, but not good if you’re trying to fit a job in between school runs.

I would suggest that the best places to apply to for full time jobs - are those places where you’ve seen some lady drivers about the place already.

RM would be such a place. All classes too. You don’t have to be Mr Muscleman to push and pull a few yorks about.
Come to think of it, RM was the only place I went into on agency as well that had any agency ladies there driving the trucks. This was evening work mind you. The “average age of a female driver” pretty much lined up with the same age for the blokes as well - just north of 50 that is. :neutral_face:

I work mainly in a rural area and sometimes pass a female driver in her low loader.I have no doubt that she is as good as any of the other drivers.

The only thing that would get to me if I was an employer would be the actual time it takes a female to drop and get out of there!

I have seen on multiple occasions where a female has reversed onto a bay or into position and the amount of male drivers that have to go up to her and say how good it was :unamused: :unamused: I have done it hundreds of times and not one male driver has said how good I did it :open_mouth:

Sexism in this industry, never ■■? Many years ago (16 I think) I worked at a flat bed steel sheeting type company and there was a female driver there. She was the only one that actually helped

Gatwick VOC, Greenford, and East London were the places where I’ve seen the most female agency drivers. Female full timers had token representation at Rochester when I was there as well: One C+E young girl who’s since emigrated, and a C2 driver in the “average age for a driver” bracket.

the maoster:

Where the bloodyhell is it?
Never managed to find it! :laughing:

Gembo:

the maoster:

It is out there, but it takes a hell of a lot of finding. Good luck. :wink:

I think some interviewers live in the past…they tend to treat the women as the weaker ■■■, and if there is some heavy lifting…assume a woman cant do it…but they are very rude, and discriminating against women…if i was you aamar…try a few more, try the i`m taking you to a tribunal type of chat…and see how it goes, and also try a few agencies…i wish you luck.

my dad knew a female lorry driver in the sixties,apparently she could mix it with the rest of the blokes,ie you wouldn’t argue with her,my dad say’s her name was big Maisie,dosen’t help much with ops post but it’s just a little tale my dad told me,true or not I don’t know

We had a lady driver, the planning staff were scared to give her certain jobs, Bangor, Oldham and Wrexham. Imagine the panic when we got a customer in Feuchtwangen [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 3 female drivers at our place and as far as I know they do the same kind of work as us men and 2 of these females are on the petite side.

Wheel Nut:
We had a lady driver, the planning staff were scared to give her certain jobs, Bangor, Oldham and Wrexham. Imagine the panic when we got a customer in Feuchtwangen [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the driver who works for Dingle-Dangle Schwanzenlecken Schwangermachen Pimmelspurten Ich-bin-ein Wickingerfickinger … als Ulm?

the maoster:

Gembo:

the maoster:

It is out there, but it takes a hell of a lot of finding. Good luck. :wink:

Stobarts and probably Fiona herself have done everything possible to get taken down every copy of this vid out there.
Hence the only ones left are the ones that make no reference to “Stobarts” or “Fiona” or “SexyTrucker” etc.

If you watched the series on TV, you’ll work out what the alternative frame of reference is. :wink:

No, I’m not posting any links, nor embedding any beds. :neutral_face:

Look at Large Marge. I think she’s a woman.

youtu.be/lPMSGTfK4Aw

Used to be a large woman driver around Avonmouth…turned out he/she/it was a ■■■■■■ so i was told, dont know why they named her after a Dagenham dustbin…do you !! lol