Hit and Run at Birchanger Green

Wondering if you can use the MID service as it’s an accident. I’d assume it works on trucks as well as cars, although of course there’s always the problem of getting more evidence to prove it.

askmid.com/askmidenquiry.aspx

whelmic:
I returned to my truck in the lorry park of Birchanger Green this afternoon to find significant damage to the back of my trailer. According to the driver opposite it was hit by a Scania registration YC63 URP logoed up as “TSM”. The driver apparently got out of his cab, viewed the damage he had caused, then drove off without leaving any details. The police have been informed.

Does anyone have any details of this truck or the company TSM? I have found a “TSM Transport Services Ltd” on companies house, but they went into liquidation last year.

If the driver that got the reg number will be a witness just go through the normal channel police and insurance co ,how ever if the driver will not cooperate I’d be providing my own witness :wink: .

Punchy Dan:

whelmic:
I returned to my truck in the lorry park of Birchanger Green this afternoon to find significant damage to the back of my trailer. According to the driver opposite it was hit by a Scania registration YC63 URP logoed up as “TSM”. The driver apparently got out of his cab, viewed the damage he had caused, then drove off without leaving any details. The police have been informed.

Does anyone have any details of this truck or the company TSM? I have found a “TSM Transport Services Ltd” on companies house, but they went into liquidation last year.

If the driver that got the reg number will be a witness just go through the normal channel police and insurance co ,how ever if the driver will not cooperate I’d be providing my own witness :wink: .

Was going to say, police, not stopping for accident then get onto your insurance.

Theyll find them.

Cctv may aid this. Even if it shows the truck entering and leaving the location

Punchy Dan:
I’d be providing my own witness :wink: .

Tut tut, I cant for one minute perceive you ‘perverting the cause of justice’ :wink: :slight_smile:

biggriffin:

Harry Monk:
The only TSM I know is Transport de St Michel which is a French company, I don’t know if they have British registered tractor units?

TSA, run all daf fleet.

They do have a MAN :wink:

iv often thought if i caused a hit n run id immeciately stop and fess up. but when it happens all sorts of emotions are stirred up in an instant.
back in 2005 i was sleeping rough in industrial building after a marriage break up, id borrowed a car from the yard where i worked to nip down to a shop erly one morn to get bacon etc cook brekkie outdoors on a fire as i pulled out id not seen a car coming by at speed in my blind spot and i clipped his back bumper and tore it clean off. because he was doing about 50 and me almost stationary he took ages to come to a halt in which time i decided to run . the chase was on! just a couple of miles me in a beat up Cavalier 1.7d he was closing on me till i hammered it down a rough track road caused a dust storm and eventually lost him.

howatsi:

biggriffin:

Harry Monk:
The only TSM I know is Transport de St Michel which is a French company, I don’t know if they have British registered tractor units?

TSA, run all daf fleet.

They do have a MAN :wink:

And I saw a Volvo the other week heading north on the M40, first one ever as only ever seen Daf’s before.