Two truck theft

on wednesday two scania 114 380 6x2 ex hanbury davies colours with west ham stickers on them were stolen from belvedere kent at just gone 9pm. you can spot the west ham stickers from a mile they are not small.

I had read this post yesterday
but was unsure about posting
this until i looked and digested
the fact that over 154+ people
did the same, My question here
is for those who are
EMPLOYERS and have their own
vehicles,Does your insurance broker
not offer rebates if you carry out certain
preventive measures to help reduce
the theift of either the vehicle,trailer,
tanker, etc,Many firms over here are
useing a GPS security system which
enables the location of the vehicle
or other unit which has it ,to be found
unlesss they have stripped the vehicle
down into scrap metal, is it not worth
useing such a system as a deterrent
and so perhaps ensureing that one
recovers the stolen unit■■?

Yes they do Pete, as obviously there is more of a chance of rgtting them back without the need for an expensive claim, thus ensuring the insurance companies profits :wink:

However in this case the West ham stickers should also have been preventative. After all who would want to be seen driving round showing their appreciation for the hammers :blush: :open_mouth: :laughing:

The really annoying thing is i know i saw one either twice or both once at some point last week and since reading this post last night have been trying to remember where and when but all i can recall is that it was in heavy slow traffic (hence my confusion over seeing only one or both as traffic seesaws in congestion i was in lane 1 and it/they were in lane 2 ) and i cant recall what day or even what motorway though the M25 is top of my list as thats where i had the most traffic congestion last week.

Wish i could be more helpful but my memory is totally shot after years of mispent youthful activities involving illegal congregations of dancing and whistles and glowsticks in various rural countryside locations (oh the shame :blush: )

brit pete:
I had read this post yesterday
but was unsure about posting
this until i looked and digested
the fact that over 154+ people
did the same, My question here
is for those who are
EMPLOYERS and have their own
vehicles,Does your insurance broker
not offer rebates if you carry out certain
preventive measures to help reduce
the theift of either the vehicle,trailer,
tanker, etc,Many firms over here are
useing a GPS security system which
enables the location of the vehicle
or other unit which has it ,to be found
unlesss they have stripped the vehicle
down into scrap metal, is it not worth
useing such a system as a deterrent
and so perhaps ensureing that one
recovers the stolen unit■■?

the company i work for has only THIRD PARTY INSURANCE,is this the norm?

As an employer, in our particular case ( and it may vary elsewhere) we get no rebate/reduction for having trackers on our vehicles. The sales reps for the tracking systems to a man will tell you that your insurance company will give you a discount. And just before anyone says why don’t you move to a different insurance company, there are only two that will insure us given the product that we move. We still have trackers anyway and having had a vehicle stolen, we were able to get it back in a matter of hours.