"Heavy Haulage through the years"

jsutherland:
I really like your signature Oily

“Man’s inhumanity to man makes countless thousands mourn…” Rabbie Burns

So true.

My dad was a big fan of Robert Burns, and many a time during the wartime years I heard it quoted.
Oily

Better follow that with a few heavies, with thanks to Peter Schöler .
Oily

Heavy Haul PS 12834623995_56a34394b6_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 12519753183_49254c686b_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 12264698393_7fab95e8f6_o.jpg

Thanks to Coomsey, Herr Sutherland, Dean and Oily for the pic’s and articles :wink:

jsutherland:

So true.

Do you want to go into a private chatbox with Oily, Herr Sutherland…? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pv83:

jsutherland:

So true.

Do you want to go into a private chatbox with Oily, Herr Sutherland…? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No need to. Rabbie Burns was a fine fella. Might need to do some translation for you though with some of his Scottish poems.

heavy_haulage-20180106-martinuz41.jpg

heavy_haulage-20180118-cadzow-martinuz41.jpg

Van der Vlist - Heavy Transport - Transport | Speciaaltransport en zwaartransport - Van der Vlist

heavy_haulage-20180130-vd_vlist-martinuz41.jpg

heavy_haulage-20180131-vd_vlist-martinuz41.jpg

Courtesy of Aaron Silcock: instagram.com/heavy_haulage/

jsutherland:

pv83:

jsutherland:

So true.

No need to. Rabbie Burns was a fine fella. Might need to do some translation for you though with some of his Scottish poems.

I’ll stick to Dylan Thomas then if you don’t mind :wink:

jsutherland:
Van der Vlist - Heavy Transport - Transport | Speciaaltransport en zwaartransport - Van der Vlist

Who…? :laughing: :laughing:

Couple of hard working DAF’s…

DAF 3--- Tieflader NL 2.jpg

2rmme6s.jpg

2w3ouxj.jpg

v7eh41.jpg

nz8p.jpg

DEANB:
Hi Dean,

My uncle, Phil Dibden (RIP) drove this Volvo F89 for Bakers of Southampton, you can just make out one of Wynn’s F89’s in the background!

That was a lovely model you had built of it ! :smiley:

jshepguis:
For Dean B couple of Magnaloads F89 RAJ 530R one with usual set up with Ballast box ,and other with ballast box taken off and trailer hitched up to it.

Thanks lovely pics ! :laughing:

Heres a couple more, first one keep em tight !!! :laughing:

1 great photo of Hulls Volvo, it’s loaded with a W.H.Allen of Bedford Diesel engine in the large wooden box so heading for a port somewhere to be shipped abroad.

[/quote]

Nostalgic pic of the week :wink:

pv83:

Really nice picture. Should print it off and frame it.
Johnny

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Taken in 1967 these two pictures show Edward Becks ‘Big Bopper’ hauling a 100 foot long crane gantry section
heading East down the B1308 Monks Road in Lincoln.
One of a total of eight sections destined for Scunthorpe steelworks this route was taken due to tight turns and narrow roads
in and around Lincoln and required a figure eight route through the city to get on to the north bound A15.
Both photographs were taken by the late John Charles Walker who sadly passed away in 2005.

jsutherland:

pv83:

Johnny

I did… it’s now hanging in the national museum next to Rembrandt’s nightwatch… :laughing:

moomooland:
0Taken in 1967 these two pictures show Edward Becks ‘Big Bopper’ hauling a 100 foot long crane gantry section
heading East down the B1308 Monks Road in Lincoln.
One of a total of eight sections destined for Scunthorpe steelworks this route was taken due to tight turns and narrow roads
in and around Lincoln and required a figure eight route through the city to get on to the north bound A15.
Both photographs were taken by the late John Charles Walker who sadly passed away in 2005.

Cheers for the info and pic’s moomooland :wink:

pv83:

jsutherland:

pv83:

Johnny

I did… it’s now hanging in the national museum next to Rembrandt’s nightwatch… [emoji38]

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Foden.

1969 leonard fairclough.PNG