"Heavy Haulage through the years"

DISPATCHER:
Here’s a few more old Scammells. sorry about the quality

No need to apologise mate, cracking pic’s, cheers for posting :wink:

jsutherland:

Courtesy of Aaron Silcock: instagram.com/heavy_haulage/

Cheers Herr Sutherland! About that tank on the lowloader, is that a WW1 replica? Or is it the real deal like?

pv83:

jsutherland:

Courtesy of Aaron Silcock: instagram.com/heavy_haulage/

Cheers Herr Sutherland! About that tank on the lowloader, is that a WW1 replica? Or is it the real deal like?

No idea. Sorry to disappoint you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

heavy_haulage-20180117-martinuz41.jpg

heavy_haulage-20180118-cadzow-martinuz41.jpg

Cadzow Heavy Haulage is a fine Scottish heavy haulage company.

Cadzow Heavy Haulage Ltd was first established back in 1957 by James Macauley Snr, who set out with a 2 tonne Morris truck with a dream that he could build a family business in public works. This included earthmoving, demolition and the supply of construction materials.

jsutherland:

Some most impressive looking equipment Johnny and Dispatcher.
Dig

Dirty Dan:

pv83:

Dirty Dan:
Top pics as alway boys! The blue 5axl Scania in Oilys last post is a really good friend of mine Ronnie. He subbed for us last week and blew his gearbox with only 1030000km on it… good job keep it going that long!
My pics are from a trip we did together 3years ago up north. -30 when we loaded then i dropped to -15 and we had a bad snowstorm for a whole day but made it.
Im sure i posted some of this pics before but here goes agin :smiley:

Danne

Cracking shots Danne :wink: It’s much warmer now though eh… :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah only -2c so t-shirt weather :sunglasses:

Some from this week then.

Danne

I had to put a jacket on Danne to look at these pics ,Its been that long since I suffered any real cold weather I have forgotten what its like to work in those conditions,and the locker behind the cab which I noticed your mate had one too Danne apart from tools you need is there a climate control unit for the cab for those cold nights on the road in there.

Cheers Dig

Some more old Scammells

DIG:

Dirty Dan:

pv83:

Dirty Dan:
Top pics as alway boys! The blue 5axl Scania in Oilys last post is a really good friend of mine Ronnie. He subbed for us last week and blew his gearbox with only 1030000km on it… good job keep it going that long!
My pics are from a trip we did together 3years ago up north. -30 when we loaded then i dropped to -15 and we had a bad snowstorm for a whole day but made it.
Im sure i posted some of this pics before but here goes agin :smiley:

Danne

Cracking shots Danne :wink: It’s much warmer now though eh… [emoji38] [emoji38]

Yeah only -2c so t-shirt weather :sunglasses:

Some from this week then.

Danne

I had to put a jacket on Danne to look at these pics ,Its been that long since I suffered any real cold weather I have forgotten what its like to work in those conditions,and the locker behind the cab which I noticed your mate had one too Danne apart from tools you need is there a climate control unit for the cab for those cold nights on the road in there.

Cheers Dig

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Dig.
In those conditions we never turn of the truck so when sleeping just abit hight rpm and you are fine. As for the locker that one in the pic is no heat. But in my new one i have the colantsystem from the engine running in there and a fane that blows the heat out so no more wheat gloves so verry good
Todays weather -3 but everything is so wet and cold. Im thinking maby move downunder looks more warm there :smiley:

Danne

Dirty Dan:
Hi Dig.
In those conditions we never turn of the truck so when sleeping just abit hight rpm and you are fine. As for the locker that one in the pic is no heat. But in my new one i have the colantsystem from the engine running in there and a fane that blows the heat out so no more wheat gloves so verry good
Todays weather -3 but everything is so wet and cold. Im thinking maby move downunder looks more warm there :smiley:

Danne

Good day Danne -3 sounds a bit fresh still for me,interesting the coolant lines into a fan forced system as you say it would give everything a chance to thaw /dry out,The Shell company trucks here in the north of the state some years ago had small diesel engines mounted behind the cab with an air conditioning system for the cab and as they were water cooled from the truck radiator system the main engine never cooled down which improved the engine life,V8 Macks.
I had a system called Ice Pak mounted on my last truck it had an air cooled single cyl diesel engine running a seperate cab air conditioner system which was handy for a good sleep on hot nights it kept the batteries charged which also gave you a back up if the main alternator failed and a back up for the main cab a/c and used less than a litre per hour.
It does get a little warmer here summer time in the north 50c ambient road temperature can be experienced and we have had several in excess of 40c here at home over the summer months which is just north of Perth and in the heavy freight low loader game it would be a steady steady operation as nothing worse than having to change blown tyres on a 40c day but i.m sure you would soon work that out if you head our way.
Like your hard hat.

Cheers Dig

The Ice Pak is mounted between the fuel tanks and the front drive axel.If you double click it explodes the picture a little.

You have to make sure the 2 drivers work together in the first 2 pics. I wonder how many times loads like this
went wrong.

Nice looking Mack.

Couple from your part of the world Dig.

[/quote]
Missed this lot Deanb and Patrick Danne Johnny Oily Chris Dispatcher good stuff as always,The pages must have got stuck together. LOL
The timber trucks really are "pole " trucks,I have seen and been involved in carrying on shore oil field derricks similarly using 2 trucks,its not to difficult as long as your both steady and got 40acres to turn in.lol
The 2 side tipper road trains belong to BIS Brambles industrial services.

Cheers Dig

A dirty windshield spoilt a lot of shots this week; so only two.
Big thanks to all the other posters who make this thread so good.

ChrisArbon:

How does it turn? The trailer can’t be rigid all the way to the back, surely?

Various.
Oily

Heavy Haul at Beatty Nevada Mark Holloway cc by 2.0 24012973615_d16f41e455mh_o.jpg

Heavy Haul Alexandre Prevot 26637379934_0292e24603_ap k.jpg

Heavy Haul  OZ Telfer Kevin Utting cc by 2.0 254117817_1fe9c5ccc1_ku o.jpg

Article from 1988.

Click on pages twice to read.

A few more oldies

jsutherland:
Cadzow Heavy Haulage is a fine Scottish heavy haulage company.

Cadzow Heavy Haulage Ltd was first established back in 1957 by James Macauley Snr, who set out with a 2 tonne Morris truck with a dream that he could build a family business in public works. This included earthmoving, demolition and the supply of construction materials.

They used to have two ERF 8 wheelers, absolute cracking looking wagons! Don’t reckon they’ve still got them though…pity…

DIG:

Dirty Dan:
Hi Dig.

Danne

Good day Danne -3 sounds a bit fresh still for me,interesting the coolant lines into a fan forced system as you say it would give everything a chance to thaw /dry out,The Shell company trucks here in the north of the state some years ago had small diesel engines mounted behind the cab with an air conditioning system for the cab and as they were water cooled from the truck radiator system the main engine never cooled down which improved the engine life,V8 Macks.
I had a system called Ice Pak mounted on my last truck it had an air cooled single cyl diesel engine running a seperate cab air conditioner system which was handy for a good sleep on hot nights it kept the batteries charged which also gave you a back up if the main alternator failed and a back up for the main cab a/c and used less than a litre per hour.
It does get a little warmer here summer time in the north 50c ambient road temperature can be experienced and we have had several in excess of 40c here at home over the summer months which is just north of Perth and in the heavy freight low loader game it would be a steady steady operation as nothing worse than having to change blown tyres on a 40c day but i.m sure you would soon work that out if you head our way.
Like your hard hat.

Cheers Dig

The Ice Pak is mounted between the fuel tanks and the front drive axel.If you double click it explodes the picture a little.

Blimey DIG, with such temperatures I can imagine people just melt… I’d certainly prefer the -3 as a work temperature :wink:

DEANB:
Article from 1988.

Click on pages twice to read.

Cheers Dean, always thought that “conversion” looked odd to put it mildly… didn’t they had a Scanny with such a snout as well…?
The S26 ended up in the fleet of Allely’s where it was converted to it’s normal form.