"Heavy Haulage through the years"

DIG:
Good Day Men,
Its that time again here when the temperature gauge in the patio is up in the high 30s C that is so while we are sweltering and your playing snow balls I would like to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year.
This pic was taken in the early 90s and was a few days before Christmas some 100 miles into the Great Sandy Desert of Western Australia,and it was really f… hot there.

Cheers Dig

Ey 'up DIG,

I’m already sweating just looking at the pic…
Any reason why the tractor unit is…invisible…? :laughing: :laughing:

Wish you 'appy days as well mate and a cracking new year!

pv83:

DIG:
Good Day Men,
Its that time again here when the temperature gauge in the patio is up in the high 30s C that is so while we are sweltering and your playing snow balls I would like to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year.
This pic was taken in the early 90s and was a few days before Christmas some 100 miles into the Great Sandy Desert of Western Australia,and it was really f… hot there.

Cheers Dig

Ey 'up DIG,

I’m already sweating just looking at the pic…
Any reason why the tractor unit is…invisible…? :laughing: :laughing:

Wish you 'appy days as well mate and a cracking new year!

Thanks Patrick not invisible just a crap cameraman so heres one same truck same desert only 400kms further south with a different cameraman I.m the good looking one on the left.
note latest in safety boots.

Cheers Dig

DIG:
Good Day Men,

Cheers Dig

Happy Xmas Dig to you and the Cook, i hope she is still looking after you mate
and you are behaving yourself ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Happy Xmas to everyone else on the thread !

A big tonka toy ! :laughing:

Click on pages twice to read.

From Aaron’s instagram page: instagram.com/heavy_haulage/

EDTRUCK:
I also have a vague recollection of a 12 wheel Tractomas heavy unit being used in southern France - IIRC it was a twin steer unit with three drive axles and final axle a castor steer

Ed

Doesn’t ring any bells to be honest, but I’ll have a wee search…

Nice article Dean, looked up the specifics, was powered by a 16 cylinder producing a mere 3300hp…

jsutherland:

From Aaron’s instagram page: instagram.com/heavy_haulage/

Danke Herr Sutherland :wink:

Some Scandinavian heavies then… all Scanny powered…

19875585_10209971159543594_5993107109632658291_n.jpg

25348429_895105843986699_148822139521832959_n.jpg

pv83:
Some Scandinavian heavies then… all Scanny powered…

Grreat pictures Patrick. Some real classic machines there.

This is from a very old company, Argee Transport Co, in the US - part of the Rasmussen Group. They have been in transport for over 130 years.

The company operates different trailer types: Our Equipment - Argee Transport

ChrisArbon:

Cheers Chris, nice to see that Volvo EC380 on the back of that trailer, could well been a machine I’ve shifted for export!

Had a wee look on your “photo diary”, some cracking pic’s on there mate :wink:

jsutherland:

This is from a very old company, Argee Transport Co, in the US - part of the Rasmussen Group. They have been in transport for over 130 years.
http://www.rasmussengroup.com

Cheers Johnny, you’re getting the hang of it eh… much better then those ■■■■■■■ fridges :smiling_imp:

pic courtesy of P. de Groot

pv83:

jsutherland:

Cheers Johnny, you’re getting the hang of it eh… much better then those [zb] fridges :smiling_imp:

You’re being a tad harsh on the fridge guys, especially on Christmas Day!! If it wasn’t for them you might not have your turkey today!
Johnny

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jsutherland:

pv83:

jsutherland:

Cheers Johnny, you’re getting the hang of it eh… much better then those [zb] fridges :smiling_imp:

You’re being a tad harsh on the fridge guys, especially on Christmas Day!! If it wasn’t for them you might not have your turkey today!
Johnny

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good thing I’m not having turkey then eh :wink:

Hi Patrick, havn’t seen Danne(Dirty Dan) on here lately, any idea what he is up to.
Oily

These courtesy of Peter Schöler.

Heavy Haul PS 11606614086_e95b028121_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 24373524957_eca1382fc7_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 11606055493_659a2610d5_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 38395223114_280fe8d7be_o.jpg