"Heavy Haulage through the years"

02765.jpg

02155.jpg

00437.jpg

00435.jpg

00430.jpg

00412.jpg

03237.jpg

Aaron Silcock has kindly permitted me to post some of his photos on this thread.

Link to Aaron’s instagram page: Aaron, Alfie and Brian (@heavy_haulage) • Instagram photos and videos

A few more from Aaron Silcock

Link to Aaron’s instagram page: instagram.com/heavy_haulage/

US and Canada.
Oily

Heavy Haul raymondclarkeimages cc by nc 2.0 8964379515_d2612bda32_rci k.jpg

jsutherland:
A few more from Aaron Silcock

Link to Aaron’s instagram page: instagram.com/heavy_haulage/

Cheers Herr Sutherland, nice one mate!

oiltreader:
US and Canada.
Oily

Cheers Oily :wink:
The axle set-up still puzzles me to be honest, don’t reckon I’ll ever get used to that…

Article from 1990.

Click on pages twice.

From Aaron’s instagram page: Aaron, Alfie and Brian (@heavy_haulage) • Instagram photos and videos

DEANB:
Article from 1990.

Click on pages twice.

See page 4… your age is showing Dean… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jsutherland:

From Aaron’s instagram page: Aaron, Alfie and Brian (@heavy_haulage) • Instagram photos and videos

Cheers Herr Sutherland :wink:

Didn’t AMC had the first 10 wheeler tractor unit in the UK? Might be wrong though, as usual…

pv83:

DEANB:
Article from 1990.
Click on pages twice.

See page 4… your age is showing Dean… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It comes to us all laddie. You’ll see. :smiley:
Johnny

jsutherland:

pv83:

DEANB:
Article from 1990.
Click on pages twice.

Johnny

Nah, not for me mate… what was the question?

jsutherland:

pv83:

DEANB:
Article from 1990.
Click on pages twice.

Johnny

Johnny hes getting far too cheeky ! :smiley: I think its probably down to the fact that we are not posting pics
of those Crusaders, its obviously having an affect on the poor chap !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

Good evening Patrick, I think the first 10 when heavy haul tractor unit was G Keedwells Scania 143H unit ,

Or I might be wrong??

Ed

Wheel not when - this typing lark is beyond me!!!

EDTRUCK:
Good evening Patrick, I think the first 10 when heavy haul tractor unit was G Keedwells Scania 143H unit ,

Or I might be wrong??

Ed

EDTRUCK:
Wheel not when - this typing lark is beyond me!!!

Ey up Ed,

Reckon you’ve got a fair point, somehow it completely slipped me mind… didn’t that particular unit started life as a 142 8 wheeler though…? (see pic’s, 2nd pic courtesy of Len Rogers)

Found a pic from AMC’s 10 wheeler as well.

No worries about the typing mate, there are more lads on here that lost the plot… :laughing:

AMC.jpg

3101905097_1_3_o9ASW5Lh.jpg

Good Day Men,
Its that time again here when the temperature gauge in the patio is up in the high 30s C that is so while we are sweltering and your playing snow balls I would like to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year.
This pic was taken in the early 90s and was a few days before Christmas some 100 miles into the Great Sandy Desert of Western Australia,and it was really f… hot there.

Cheers Dig

Proper article once again mate, cheers :wink:
And it’s not all about Crusaders… those Foden’s just like in the article will do as well :laughing:

I also have a vague recollection of a 12 wheel Tractomas heavy unit being used in southern France - IIRC it was a twin steer unit with three drive axles and final axle a castor steer

Ed