"Heavy Haulage through the years"

IMG_8487.JPG

What’s going on here then Bewick? Overhanging tree branches caused it? It’s better to use a Foden for such rural work… I’ll get me coat… :blush:

20201130_195546.jpg

IMG_9318.JPG.jpg

oiltreader:
From Australia, all credit to Jack Chambers for the photos.
Oily

Thats a wide trailer Eddie,for that dump truck to fit on,with its wheels on. :wink:

A mighty Bedford doing a bit. :smiley:

pv83:
What’s going on here then Bewick? Overhanging tree branches caused it? It’s better to use a Foden for such rural work… I’ll get me coat… :blush:

Low flying pheasants actually what a ■■■■■■■ :angry: :cry: “pv83” Cheers Bewick

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Got away lightly with a Pheasant I reckon, driving around in something resembling a block of flats it’s a miracle any low flying aircraft haven’t hit it! :open_mouth:

Pete.

windrush:

Got away lightly with a Pheasant I reckon, driving around in something resembling a block of flats it’s a miracle any low flying aircraft haven’t hit it! :open_mouth:

Pete.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was reading recently that there are thousands of pheasants around that would have been normally shot. Due to corona virus the
shoots they have on large farms and estates have been cancelled. :unamused: I hit one on a country road last week !

Roebuck Bedford.

Spardo:

DIG:
I couldn’t resist this,
when you cart your own gear its half rates.

Dig

Very fancy 'roo bar and is that a mirror on the end of it? (Edit, no it’s a flag :unamused: ) Nothing fancy with the main mirror though, very tiny and orginal. :slight_smile:

Also, is that a sleeper pod tacked onto the back of the cab?

Yes David
Complete with sleeper but the transport rate is probably to do with the Scraper rears trailing along on the road as the float is short one end . :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Dig

DEANB:
I was reading recently that there are thousands of pheasants around that would have been normally shot. Due to corona virus the
shoots they have on large farms and estates have been cancelled. :unamused: I hit one on a country road last week !

Roebuck Bedford.

They are roosting all around my house. The racket is awful- tread on a twig and a thousand klaxons sound. I would decimate them myself, but:

1. I am a lousy shot.
  2. It would probably count as theft. You know what rural people are like.

I could do with a fleet of million-mile Gardners scattered around the place. Start one up every few minutes- smoke the bstds out.

DIG:
I couldn’t resist this,
when you cart your own gear its half rates.

Dig

Great pic DIG, looks like a comfy sleeper too! :laughing:

DEANB:

oiltreader:
From Australia, all credit to Jack Chambers for the photos.
Oily

Thats a wide trailer Eddie,for that dump truck to fit on,with its wheels on. :wink:

Should be even more wider Dean, or at least they should have used the outriggers? On the other hand… if it’s on, it’s gone!

Bewick:

pv83:

Low flying pheasants actually what a [zb] :angry: :cry: “pv83” Cheers Bewick

Holy moly! Looks more like a sniper had to do some target practising! :open_mouth:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think you’ll find… that it’s all that “bling bling” that attracts the animals attention. It sometimes even attracts a special breed of human beings…

[zb]
anorak:

DEANB:

Roebuck Bedford.

They are roosting all around my house. The racket is awful- tread on a twig and a thousand klaxons sound. I would decimate them myself, but:

1. I am a lousy shot.
  2. It would probably count as theft. You know what rural people are like.

I could do with a fleet of million-mile Gardners scattered around the place. Start one up every few minutes- smoke the bstds out.

Rumour has it that a member on here, located in the North-West I believe, has got a shed filled with such engines you’re looking for Anorak :wink:

Welti-Furrer from Switserland (nmp), can anyone identify the tractor unit? Can’t imagine they actually used that to pull the trailer.

[attachment=2I didn’t realise you liked a bit of “Bling” “pv83”

so how do these few shots grab you ? Now don’t get over exited and “Blow your Biscuit” :wink: :laughing: :laughing: PS I thought the last shot of the 4 wheeler may be more your favourite :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pv83:
Welti-Furrer from Switserland (nmp), can anyone identify the tractor unit? Can’t imagine they actually used that to pull the trailer.

Saurer 4cm

google.com/search?q=saurer+ … GB817GB817

…or FBW AX35:

militaerfahrzeuge.ch/unterkateg … 1_158.html

They look like they were both built to the same specification. It is a 4x4, but I guess they just used it for yard shunting. You would want a bit of ballast, to drag that trailer up a Swiss Alp.

[zb]
anorak:

pv83:

Saurer 4cm

google.com/search?q=saurer+ … GB817GB817

…or FBW AX35:

militaerfahrzeuge.ch/unterkateg … 1_158.html

They look like they were both built to the same specification. It is a 4x4, but I guess they just used it for yard shunting. You would want a bit of ballast, to drag that trailer up a Swiss Alp.

Were they all right handed vehicles, seems so from the pictures? Bit strange from a Swiss manufacturer.

pv83:

I.m thinking stopping it might be a bit of a problem.

Dig