"Heavy Haulage through the years"

DIG:

pv83:
Some footage that DIG and Spardo (and hopefully others too) can appreciate :wink:

Do like the Hippo Patrick and that Mayne Nic Atkinson has windscreens with a similarity to the Bristols BRS used.

The R 600 triaxle Mack has a KW sleeper ,not a bad option IMO.
There are few West oz loads and trucks with the Brambles and Bells companies involved good find PV. :wink: :wink:

Dig

Might have got some more DIG, but that means going into that old shoe box again… :wink:

jsutherland:

Nice one Herr Sutherland, Toense had some big Faun mobile cranes too, I’ll try to find some pic’s of that in the archives :wink:

DEANB:
Harvey Transport from Newton Abbot. Some great pics.

Click on page twice to read.

Great article Dean, and welcome back mate :wink:

In my opinion the Scania always had the edge over the Volvo on MPG but they were both reliable but I would always say that the Scania was superior to the Volvo :wink:
Bewick

It seems that someone on here agrees with that too Bewick… Care to put in a penny Herr Sutherland…? :unamused: :laughing:

jsutherland:

Bewick:
Without trying to provoke the Messiah from Leatherhead, …

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Let’s not disturb him Johnny, he’s busy in the Leatherhead workshop to calculate the figures of an engine superior to any engine we’ve ever seen before… :unamused:

Meanwhile in France… the Aerotrain being transported, a very interesting but costly plan to provide a superfast connection for commuters between Orleans and Paris, more about it here; en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C3%A9rotrain

Staying in France a bit longer, Cauvas on the move, courtesy of Rachel Cauvas

pv83:
Meanwhile in France… the Aerotrain being transported, a very interesting but costly plan to provide a superfast connection for commuters between Orleans and Paris, more about it here; en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C3%A9rotrain

I remember the testing track, alongside the RN 20 road, North from Orléans; it may still be there.

Froggy55:

pv83:

I remember the testing track, alongside the RN 20 road, North from Orléans; it may still be there.

Well I never, just thinking of the thousands of times I have come off the autoroute at Artenay and never knew it was there. The northern end of my personal Orleans by-pass. :wink: :laughing:

Spardo:

Froggy55:

pv83:

Well I never, just thinking of the thousands of times I have come off the autoroute at Artenay and never knew it was there. The northern end of my personal Orleans by-pass. :wink: :laughing:

It’s still there, when they were building the A19 they actually removed a bit, otherwise it would have been still intact. That’s how I eventually found out what it was, driving down the A19 and seeing this large concrete structure going on for miles and miles. At first I thought it was some sort of irrigation system…

Found another photograph of it being transported by road…

pv83:
In my opinion the Scania always had the edge over the Volvo on MPG but they were both reliable but I would always say that the Scania was superior to the Volvo :wink:
Bewick

It seems that someone on here agrees with that too Bewick… Care to put in a penny Herr Sutherland…? :unamused: :laughing:

Well said Mr Bewick. I would have been, at the very least, hung, drawn and quartered for making such a statement. For ride comfort, the Volvo is/has been - dare I write it - better. :slight_smile:

A Nikoa Trans Volvo and Scania (lurking in the background)

jsutherland:

pv83:
Bewick

Well said Mr Bewick. I would have been, at the very least, hung, drawn and quartered for making such a statement. For ride comfort, the Volvo is/has been - dare I write it - better. :slight_smile:

That’s out of respect for the more senior members on here Johnny, don’t want to upset their heart rate or blood pressure :wink:

I would deffo choose a Volvo if it comes to ride comfort, horse and cart comes to mind if I think about the Scania!

jsutherland:
A Nikoa Trans Volvo and Scania (lurking in the background)

Nice one mate, where is Nikola based?

All credit to Eddie(eastleighbusman) for the photos.
Oily

Heavy Haul STGO eastleighbusman 49799760258_3f178381d4_k.jpg

Heavy Haul STGO eastleighbusman 49715149571_07a64228eb_k.jpg

From Australia, all credit to Jack Chambers for the photos.
Oily

oiltreader:
All credit to Eddie(eastleighbusman) for the photos.
Oily

Cheers Oily, did Donnell&Ellis updated their logo?

How many were fitted with an Allison 'box? First time I’ve seen something else being fitted than the I-shift…

img2759m.jpg

I couldn’t resist this,
when you cart your own gear its half rates.

Dig

DIG:
I couldn’t resist this,
when you cart your own gear its half rates.

Dig

Very fancy 'roo bar and is that a mirror on the end of it? (Edit, no it’s a flag :unamused: ) Nothing fancy with the main mirror though, very tiny and orginal. :slight_smile:

Also, is that a sleeper pod tacked onto the back of the cab?