"Heavy Haulage through the years"

pete smith:
A selection for Johnny and Patrick, (NMP’s), will remove if requested, this don’t include you pair!

Did you just came out of the closet Pete…? :laughing:
I’ll get me coat…

DIG:
Heres the latest about to hit our roads travelling Adelaide to Perth ,82.5 tons gross 42 metres long 60 pallet deck space or 120pallets with double deck Mezzanine floors.
Some comments on the social truck drivers forum here how 2nd driver comfort is like trying to sleep on a parcel tray.
Dig

Aah, some Teutonic engineered “hill detector” as pulling machine I see, that will please herr Sutherland no doubt! :wink:

pv83:

DIG:
Heres the latest about to hit our roads travelling Adelaide to Perth ,82.5 tons gross 42 metres long 60 pallet deck space or 120pallets with double deck Mezzanine floors.
Some comments on the social truck drivers forum here how 2nd driver comfort is like trying to sleep on a parcel tray.
Dig

Aah, some Teutonic engineered “hill detector” as pulling machine I see, that will please herr Sutherland no doubt! :wink:

Probaly be a “wind detector” too on the Nullarbor Plains [Aboroginal for No Trees] .

Dig

Apologies if I have posted this before

Dig

Here’s a few I’ve done recently.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

newmercman:

Great pictures newmercman. Your outfit looks great. I see you are still experiencing sub-zero temperatures. Quite a contrast to DIG in Australia.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

jsutherland:

newmercman:

Great pictures newmercman. Your outfit looks great. I see you are still experiencing sub-zero temperatures. Quite a contrast to DIG in Australia.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Looking good there Mark
How is the new motor compared to the Peterbilt? Cheer’s Pete

Well Johnny, the sky was full of geese today, so it’s getting closer to better weather, there’s still more snow to come yet though, they say winter comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lion and in my experience I’d say they’re not wrong! Hopefully going south of the border will keep me away from the worst of it, over the past 6yrs or so that I’ve been staying in Canada, I reckon I’ve done at least 30months driving on snow in double digit minus temperatures and I can honestly say if I never saw another snowflake as long as I live, I won’t miss it one bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pete, the new one is getting there, mpg is climbing and my driver reckons it pulls much better than the Volvo, which was a 500, so no slouch itself. It’s geared lower than my one and has the same torque output, so in theory it should pull away from me on a long hard climb, but he’s got to get past me first lol

Various.
Oily

Heavy Haul Mark Holloway cc by 2.0 mh.jpg

Heavy Haul Mark Holloway cc by 2.0 23986827016_884fda8dec_o mh.jpg

Heavy Haul IMG_1708.jpg

Heavy Haul Ian Capper cc by sa 2.0 tram for Croydon 2918211_5ace5032 IC .jpg

Heavy Haul Hondekop_loaded_onto_Volvo_of_Klomp_International_Transport_Zwolle,_pic1 alf van beem avb  .jpg

DIG:

pv83:

DIG:
Dig

Probaly be a “wind detector” too on the Nullarbor Plains [Aboroginal for No Trees] .

Dig

Careful with those sort of comments mate, you might upset herr Sutherland… owt German made is bulletproof according to him… :unamused:

newmercman:
Well Johnny, the sky was full of geese today, so it’s getting closer to better weather, there’s still more snow to come yet though, they say winter comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lion and in my experience I’d say they’re not wrong! Hopefully going south of the border will keep me away from the worst of it, over the past 6yrs or so that I’ve been staying in Canada, I reckon I’ve done at least 30months driving on snow in double digit minus temperatures and I can honestly say if I never saw another snowflake as long as I live, I won’t miss it one bit.

Cheers for the pic’s mate, some serious bit of kit there!

Word of advice though… be careful with that Johnny bloke… when he says things like “a fine looking machine” he actually means that you should have bought a Scanny V8 with all the bling that goes with it…

Feel free to post some more pic’s mate, it’s much appreciated and gives us a insight in how it’s done on the other side…

Cheers, Patrick

oiltreader:
Various.
Oily

Ta Oily, nice to see a Leyland DAF 95 again… are there any out there still earning it’s keep I wonder…

I was “promoted” load supervisor yesterday… turns out, I was the one who had to load the machines… Ooh well, at least I could watch others chaining it down, while I was enjoying a bit of Italian sun… :wink:

Here’s another one, I got this floater out of Minnesota and dropped it in Saskatchewan yesterday, reloaded with an experimental header that’s going back to New Holland Pennsylvania, it’s a legal load, but it’s on wheels and needed to be on a low loader so they can get it off at the destination.

Might have put this on before

Tony

Just testing the water to see if these old pics of European heavies are of any interest, nothing modern I’m afraid.

Fergie47:
Just testing the water to see if these old pics of European heavies are of any interest, nothing modern I’m afraid.

Bring them on Fergie. The more the merrier.
Of course, you’ll have to get the okay from the forum big boss. He can be a tad tricky to please though. [emoji4][emoji4]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

jsutherland:

Fergie47:

Of course, you’ll have to get the okay from the forum big boss. He can be a tad tricky to please though. [emoji4][emoji4]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Johnny, I’ve spoken to him, and he only wants 20 euros a post, very reasonable I thought…
I saw that most of the photos were modern lorries, so didn’t want to get in the way with old foreign wagons… :blush:

Fergie47:

jsutherland:

Fergie47:

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Johnny, I’ve spoken to him, and he only wants 20 euros a post, very reasonable I thought…
I saw that most of the photos were modern lorries, so didn’t want to get in the way with old foreign wagons… :blush:

Evening Dave,
You keep posting those pics mate, take no notice of Whips, anything before the year 2000 he has to google it!