"Heavy Haulage through the years"

DIG:

pv83:

jsutherland:

DEANB:
Johnny, looks like the “boy” has got lost somewhere in Europe ■■? [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Maybe he has gone back to his old job ! :wink:

Could be. If it is a DAF with a manual gearbox, then he may well have been tempted [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

The “boy” is still alive and kicking, ta for your concerns though :wink:

Nice pic of that DAF mate, was one the first of the XF series that entered the fleet, trailer was a double extendable Nooteboom, did a couple of trips with that trailer as well, they sold it eventually in '08 or '09 I believe, together with some other trailers.

Now, speaking of DAF… I was presented with my new noble steed! What do you reckon…?

Patrick can’t say your new steed does much for me I think its the plumbing that says not for me. :smiley: :blush:

Dig

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ooh come on mate, surely you’re used to much worse I reckon :wink:

I’ll get me coat…

Knoll Transport started in 1933 and is located just south of Salzburg near the German border.
http://www.knoll-transport.at/de/index.php

Leicester founded in 1971 and still going strong (https://www.leicesterheavyhaulage.co.uk/)

I wasn’t able to find much information about this company - Krause.

heavy_haulage-Krause-Scania-20181029.jpg

jsutherland:
Leicester founded in 1971 and still going strong (https://www.leicesterheavyhaulage.co.uk/)
]

Thanks for that Johnny, I asked the question as to what had happened to them in the Leicester Bygones thread.

Perhaps the fact that they aren’t a ‘bygone’, was the reason I got no reply there. :unamused: :laughing:

As a driver for the other heavy Leicester haulier, Econofreight, back in the 70s, I did have some passing relationship with their drivers, but no names as such, usually a ‘local’ wave or flash as we, sometimes gingerly, passed each other. :laughing:

That Krause Scanny ended up in the fleet of Belgium haulier v.d. Weghe if I’m not mistaken Johnny, no idea what happened to it after v.d. Weghe went belly up though…

Might be some pic’s on here of that same wagon couple of pages back come to think of it…

Spardo:

jsutherland:
]

Thanks for that Johnny, I asked the question as to what had happened to them in the Leicester Bygones thread.

Perhaps the fact that they aren’t a ‘bygone’, was the reason I got no reply there. :unamused: :laughing:

As a driver for the other heavy Leicester haulier, Econofreight, back in the 70s, I did have some passing relationship with their drivers, but no names as such, usually a ‘local’ wave or flash as we, sometimes gingerly, passed each other. :laughing:

I would say they’re at the top 5 of proper heavy haulage companies Spardo, always turn up with immaculate kit to do the job… although all the ERF’s have been replaced by MAN’s and DAF’s…

USA heavies.
Oily

Heavy Haul USA RyanP77 cc by nc sa 2.0 8424853964_7fdc1d65ac_o RP.jpg

Heavy Haul USA Kdiak snow blower Washington State Dept of Transportation cc by nc nd 2.07068314961_f8ec0eecfb_o wsdot.jpg

oiltreader:
USA heavies.
Oily

[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

I wonder what this load weighed ? It looks very heavy, This photo of My late great uncle Isaac Smiles Ex BRS ERF, Was taken about 1955, Regards Larry.

Great pics boys!
Some of my last weeks here.

Danne

CFD548CB-5008-4095-A005-9B7F998B9C38.jpeg

3826E85F-01AD-4525-AFAB-D746E937E56E.jpeg

1BCA7B67-AB90-46D2-B180-5FFA89F17436.jpeg

2D60BCC7-81E7-427B-BC0E-8B66C05F67CB.jpeg

AB1AAA91-3FF1-401F-ABD0-E3F1ADFB27A2.jpeg

1088ECE5-9A16-4655-82EB-6C91F05B4A83.jpeg

93636052-F67F-49F1-BFA9-B55D36B4E927.jpeg

AE284DB4-5B29-4E32-9E6A-BD08B2E02F3A.jpeg

626274CF-819B-4ABD-84A8-7C463F45E908.jpeg

247B0A10-3CF8-4B62-8DB9-FD75A8F82AF1.jpeg

Dirty Dan:
Great pics boys!

Danne

Great pics Dan. :smiley: Out of intrest how heavy is your outfit empty ?

Johnny, better keep an eye on the “boy” as this could effect him ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

Brochure of a 6x4 “shed” :laughing: :laughing:

scammellcrusader6x45.jpg

DEANB:

Dirty Dan:
Great pics boys!

Danne

Hi Dean its 34500kg empty isch.

Danne

Dirty Dan:

DEANB:

Dirty Dan:
Great pics boys!

Danne

Hi Dean its 34500kg empty isch.

Danne

Thanks Danne ! :wink:

Dirty Dan:
Great pics boys!

Danne

DEANB:
Johnny, better keep an eye on the “boy” as this could effect him ! :unamused: [emoji38] [emoji38] :wink:

Brochure of a 6x4 “shed” [emoji38] [emoji38]

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

SAR 457J in use

DEANB:
Johnny, better keep an eye on the “boy” as this could effect him ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Brochure of a 6x4 “shed” :laughing: :laughing:

No worries Dean, I’ll behave… now, where’s that towel… :wink:

oiltreader:
USA heavies.
Oily

That first pic Oily… looking at it, my brew suddenly came out through my nose… cheers… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Lawrence Dunbar:
I wonder what this load weighed ? It looks very heavy, This photo of My late great uncle Isaac Smiles Ex BRS ERF, Was taken about 1955, Regards Larry.

What are those beams used for? Construction purposes? Or was it some early style gantry crane? Looks impressive nonetheless on a rigid :wink: I would say the weight was between 20 and 25 tonnes…?

Cheers for posting, much appreciated mate :wink: