"Heavy Haulage through the years"

pv83:

jsutherland:

DEANB:
Carrying on with the mighty F89 read this chaps !
Click on page twice to read.
250 tons at 25 mph !!! Thats seriously impressive ! [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Typical of you Dean - you also come up with an appropriate article. You are another one with a mega shoebox or two!!!

Dean nicked that book from my private library Johnny, he’s on Scotland yard’s list now…

Oh, oh what a naughty boy.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

jsutherland:

oiltreader:
With permission and thanks to Mark Hobbs.
Oily

Great photos Oily.

A few more courtesy of Peter Schöler.
Oily

Heavy Haul PS 30775611286_d66c60cdfd_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 30488482300_067ef4d51d_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 29158547345_904d25316e_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 27556354760_578b2778e1_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 27157606304_06a53fda57_o.jpg

Some more again courtesy of Peter Schöler.
Oily

Heavy Haul PS 30457760882_35dbb2fe6c_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 32591356780_a07e78075e_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 31483626034_89b7dd2c23_o.jpg

For the main man, hi Patrick :slight_smile: courtesy of Glen Wallace and snapped in Wick, Caithness.
Oily

One more, somewhere in Scotialand, this time courtesy of Craig MacAskill.
Oily

This was a Sunday morning move for Sunters, starting at Stockton on Tees, which proved quite popular with the locals!

I took lots of photos of the move with the Tractomas and Mercedes Titans having a bit of a workout, although not the best quality, they are better than nothing!

Here is some of the move, there are more of the same if you want…

LR Man:
This was a Sunday morning move for Sunters, starting at Stockton on Tees, which proved quite popular with the locals!

I took lots of photos of the move with the Tractomas and Mercedes Titans having a bit of a workout, although not the best quality, they are better than nothing!

Great pictures LR Man.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Whatever happened to Sunter’s Tractomas and Titan?

Ed

oiltreader:
For the main man, hi Patrick :slight_smile: courtesy of Glen Wallace and snapped in Wick, Caithness.
Oily

Ooh, you’re giving me too much credit mate :wink:

This is a rather unusual set-up Oily, cheers for posting

Heavy Haul PS 31078488651_f402a8d5cd_o.jpg

LR Man:

Cheers LR Man (LandRover…?), absolute cracking stuff this is mate! Keep 'em coming I would like to say on behalf of the band :wink:

Bewick:

Cheers Bewick :wink:

Herr Sutherland, are you paying attention mate… :laughing:

EDTRUCK:
Whatever happened to Sunter’s Tractomas and Titan?

Ed

Not sure if it’s the Titan Sunter’s once owned, but I’ve got a pic somewhere of a Titan in Econofreight livery standing at some middle East depot, looking rather worn out… no idea what happened to the tractomas…

pv83:

For moving forest harvester, similar to this.
Oily
wrong :unamused: not a harvester :blush: but a forwarder.
Oily

Martainn 9537577059_ab8cdf6f6a_mmcdk.jpg

pv83:

Bewick:

Cheers Bewick :wink:

Herr Sutherland, are you paying attention mate… [emoji38]

Oh aye laddie, I am. It’s a fine looking machine. Thanks Bewick.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

LR Man:

Great photos “LR Man” keep them coming ! :smiley: :wink:

Scammells first 100 tonner !

Click on pages twice to read.

DEANB:

LR Man:

Great photos “LR Man” keep them coming ! :smiley: :wink:

Scammells first 100 tonner !

Click on pages twice to read.

Cheers Dean, interesting article, would have been quite some hard work driving that down the streets I imagine…

oiltreader:

pv83:

For moving forest harvester, similar to this.
Oily
wrong :unamused: not a harvester :blush: but a forwarder.
Oily

Aye, reckoned it was to do with sommat like this Oily, cheers. You reckon that 5th axle is a steering axle…?

Right, Johnny posted some pic’s of Holleman earlier on, saying they started 20 years ago in Romania. This however isn’t the whole story, they might have started in Romania 20 years ago, but the origins of the company go back furter in time into the 1930’s, starting in the south of Holland. Can’t find all that much on them though, only thing I’ve got is yet another shoe box of pic’s dating from the 80’s and 90’s with a couple dating from the mid 50’s, should give you an idea of how big of a name they were back then.

They didn’t only had a heavy haulage division, but had several mobile cranes as well and a container division, the heavy haulage side was taken over by Mammoet Road Cargo, the crane division by Convoi (which later was taken over by Mammoet as well), the office in Romania is very much still excisting to this day being one of the bigger players in their “home” market.