"Heavy Haulage through the years"

A few shots of a modern day heavy Haulier.

Spardo:

DEANB:
A couple of Fodens from 1969.

Click on page twice.

Does that actually say Foden on the grill of the 2nd picture? It looks like it does, but I was told that foden was a dirty word in Portuguese and they all had to be renamed to something very similar, but different. Poden?

PS. Just had a look and foder is definitely a word that wouldn’t be tolerated here. Similar to knackered, but worse. :unamused:

Indeed “Spardo” they were known as Poden. I will pop some stuff on the Foden thread tomorrow. :wink:

With permission and thanks to Mark Hobbs.
Oily

Heavy Haul Mak Hobbs 7084381211_8bb96ec4dc_mh k.jpg

Heavy Haul Mark Hobbs 43498436944_323b776de6_MHo.jpg

Heavy Haul Mark Hobbs 33283756602_0182ae8be2 mh_k.jpg

Heavy Haul Mark Hobbs 8656121118_6915eba301mh _k.jpg

Bewick:
A few shots of a modern day heavy Haulier.

Cheers Bewick, some proper kit that is. You’ve made Herr Sutherland’s day as well by posting those Scanny’s :wink:

oiltreader:
Oily

Cheers Oily :wink:

Why is Thomas’s face covered? Is he being abducted…? I’ll get me coat…

Sunters F89 heading up the A68 towards Toft Hill in Co. Durham.

oiltreader:
Oily

Nice ones Oily perhaps one of you gurus can enlighten me as to the make of the normal control ALE unit small cab good to keep cool or warm plus tropical roof so must work in warmer climates.
Dig

Heavy%20Haul%20Mark%20Hobbs%2033283756602_0182ae8be2%20mh_k.jpg

Hello Patrick.
Haven’t put anything on here for a while so here is a few Magnaload pics. On talking to my uncle about ballasting the wagons he said the Scammell was always ballasted at 50 ton. the Volvo’s were ballasted at 25 ton. As for the FTF when my uncle first used it, it started to spin out, so they contacted, Mammoet in Holland reply was just keep Ballasting her until she stops spinning out!!

DIG:

oiltreader:
Oily

Nice ones Oily perhaps one of you gurus can enlighten me as to the make of the normal control ALE unit small cab good to keep cool or warm plus tropical roof so must work in warmer climates.
Dig

Hello DIG, it’s a Faun, air cooled V12 Deutz powered.
A 1954 Deutz V12 power unit youtube.com/watch?v=V8LY-ag1vow
Cheers
Oily

LR Man:

Nice to see a bit of quality on here “LR Man” :laughing: :laughing:

jshepguis:
Hello Patrick.
Haven’t put anything on here for a while so here is a few Magnaload pics. On talking to my uncle about ballasting the wagons he said the Scammell was always ballasted at 50 ton. the Volvo’s were ballasted at 25 ton. As for the FTF when my uncle first used it, it started to spin out, so they contacted, Mammoet in Holland reply was just keep Ballasting her until she stops spinning out!!

Nice pics “Jshepguis” :laughing: Patrick will love these pics of the F89’s. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Carrying on with the mighty F89 read this chaps !

Click on page twice to read.

250 tons at 25 mph !!! Thats seriously impressive ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jshepguis:
Hello Patrick.

Great advice :smiley: :smiley:
Thanks for posting it.

oiltreader:
Oily

Great photos Oily.

DEANB:
250 tons at 25 mph !!! Thats seriously impressive ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Typical of you Dean - you also come up with an appropriate article. You are another one with a mega shoebox or two!!!

oiltreader:

DIG:

oiltreader:
Oily

Dig

Hello DIG, it’s a Faun, air cooled V12 Deutz powered.
A 1954 Deutz V12 power unit youtube.com/watch?v=V8LY-ag1vow
Cheers
Oily

Thanks Oily thats a fair lump of iron and old technology but very reliable i.m told,also ALEs own built units badged Trojan have 700hp Volvos supplying the power.
Dig

jshepguis:
Hello Patrick.

Ey up mate, hope you’re well?

Cheers for the pic’s and info mate, 50t ballast… not sure if that’s the norm nowadays… and as for the FTF… well, that’s power for ya :wink:

DEANB:

Aye, 250t is impressive indeed mate… for a F89… :unamused:

LR Man:

Keep 'em coming LR Man :wink:

jsutherland:

DEANB:

Typical of you Dean - you also come up with an appropriate article. You are another one with a mega shoebox or two!!!

Dean nicked that book from my private library Johnny, he’s on Scotland yard’s list now…

jshepguis:
Hello Patrick.

One for you and uncle jshepguis.
Oily