harwich to rotterdam

topmixer11:
Well can say both the severine and capucine top class stena freighter looked after well fed well and great cabins :slight_smile:

Sorry mate, I believe youā€™re mistaken. Capucine is a Cobelfret boat. I saw her in Rotterdam last night. Severine is probably Cobelfret too. All of their ship names (that I know of) end in ā€˜ineā€™.
Iā€™ve been on the Pauline, Yasmine and Opaline. They do the job, but arenā€™t boats I would chose to use. They are clean enough, nice roomy single occupant cabins. I have no complaints about the service they supply, although the chef on the Pauline could make a bit more of an effort. If I have to use a freighter theyā€™ll do fine but Iā€™d prefer the Stena - Hoek to Killingholme boat rather than Cobelfret.

I wondered what the CLdN logo of Cobelfret was all about. I just found out itā€™s for Compagnie Luxembourgeoise de Navigation SA. Thatā€™ll explain why so many are registered in Luxembourg :smiley:

Simon:

topmixer11:
Well can say both the severine and capucine top class stena freighter looked after well fed well and great cabins :slight_smile:

Sorry mate, I believe youā€™re mistaken. Capucine is a Cobelfret boat. I saw her in Rotterdam last night. Severine is probably Cobelfret too. All of their ship names (that I know of) end in ā€˜ineā€™.
Iā€™ve been on the Pauline, Yasmine and Opaline. They do the job, but arenā€™t boats I would chose to use. They are clean enough, nice roomy single occupant cabins. I have no complaints about the service they supply, although the chef on the Pauline could make a bit more of an effort. If I have to use a freighter theyā€™ll do fine but Iā€™d prefer the Stena - Hoek to Killingholme boat rather than Cobelfret.

I wondered what the CLdN logo of Cobelfret was all about. I just found out itā€™s for Compagnie Luxembourgeoise de Navigation SA. Thatā€™ll explain why so many are registered in Luxembourg :smiley:

. Sorry mate NOT MISTAKEN stena have leased them. They now run from harwich under stena insignia. Go to stena freight look at pics also I have boarding cards and was definitely on them :laughing: But they WERE cobelfret originally

vesselfinder.com/vessels/SEV ā€¦ -246171000

topmixer11:
Sorry mate NOT MISTAKEN stena have leased them. They now run from harwich under stena insignia. Go to stena freight look at pics also I have boarding cards and was definitely on them :laughing: But they WERE cobelfret originally

OK, fair enough, I put my hands up :blush:

Whatā€™s the zeeby to hull coblfret like as I canā€™t get any info on it

xxicelandicxx:
Whatā€™s the zeeby to hull coblfret like as I canā€™t get any info on it

It doesnt go to Hull, maybe thats why!

cldn.com/sailing_schedules_h ā€¦ e_kgh.html

Saaamon:

toby1234abc:
On ferry crossings i would eat a meal before getting on the vessel then sleep in the cab.
The negative points are a fire on board or if the vessel sinks or an ADR load leaks acid or gas.
The crew would have no idea is in his cab.But you get a good sleep.

Can you honestly sleep for 6 odd hours with car alarms constantly going off in your ear holes?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
they only go off for 5 mins a cpl of times mostly as the boat leaves,then poss at the end of the loch,or entering the open sea.
once theyve dont that,its all quiet and a great kip.
i was on the birkenhead boat twice a week for 3 or 4 years and was upstairs a maximum 5 times.
same for the irish sea short boats,just go for a kip and wakeup when the gongs are going off as the front door lifts.
use your bottle for truckers tizer,and waken refreshed after a full nights sleep.
obviously these rules dont apply on the rotterdam hull boats in the summer when its mobbed with scantily clad ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  trumpets dancing all night,and you can only drag the trailer as far as the 1st petrol station to crash out again for another couple of hoursā€¦ :slight_smile: