hanging up my keys

Best of luck for the future Carl. I hope things turn out right for you and your family. Tom.

thanks for all the kind replys everyone in my original post i said i was hanging up my keys for the forseable future,well ive decided to hang them up for good ive enjoyed my 10 years behind the wheel ive seen most of england scotland and wales ive been to france belgium holland germany and italy, but my hearts not in it anymore and i know i couldnt be away from my family.so keep on truckin everyone and stay safe. :wink:

good luck for the furure and dont be a stranger to the forums call in from time to time

as you still have the experience to pass on to others

Carl ,sorry have also been off line and therefore have just read your post sorry to hear about your wifes illness, all the best for you and your family
if you can stay on line and keep in touch, also the suggestion from lucy
is worth thinking about mate as you will also need some way to relax
and to recoup, ,once again all the best and take of yourself as well mate.

Keep your chin up Carl, hope things get better soon mate :slight_smile:

good luck buddy i know its a while since you posted this post but how are things going■■?

well the wife has been out 5 weeks now and although difficult at first she,s getting there day by day.she,d like me to say thanks on her behalf for all the kind words posted by everyone.thanks again :wink: :laughing:

im glad she is out maybe on the plus side it might skip a generation i hope everything goes ok with it in the future keep up the medication and hope all goes well. :wink:

well unforntunatley i think i spoke to soon as my wife seemed to be getting better we,d decided i would go back to work in the new year and even possibly start up wiith my own motor.but thats now a no no because my wife had a small relapse at the weekend and as not been able to get outta bed and is quite poorly but the doctor said she,ll be a bit better in a few days with plenty of rest .the reason for her relapse and my posting this is to warn other who take out insurence policies on loans and mortgages none of mine will payout as im not ill :frowning:

hello carl any chance of someone helping a couple of times a week and doing a bit of agency.

i cant at the minuite mate but i may have to soon especially with xmas on the way .

Carl old pal, I know where youre at, im afraid we are in the hotel california M8, we can check out any time we like, but we can never leave! :wink: Well at least you know youre in like company!

well its now official i will not be retuning to work till next september .only one problem it will have been a year and 3 months by then that i havent been behind the wheel of a truck and although i miss driving and being around trucks i dont miss the crap that comes with it and after spending so much time with my family and watching my 3 kids grow up i know i,ll never be able to tramp again and go back on euro work cuz the time away will be to much. im doing a cpc home study course so that could be an option.so i,ll guess we,ll see what september brings.