GUY Big J 8LXB Tractor Unit

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:
All this time and no one has reported to have spoken with the seller of the Guy advertised in the classic truck mag,it sounds to me like this quest to find one is not all that serious :unamused:

There’s an old saying " You can fill sandbags with 'owt" and I reckon this advert falls within this category ! Cheers Dennis.

I agree with you Dennis, ■■■■ Comes to mind Eh, :angry: :angry: :angry: , Regards Larry.

Retired Old ■■■■:
Like one or two others, I reckon Bewick bought it and dropped the seller a few notes not to say anything. It’ll be under lock and key (and probably a security guard) in one of his barns up in th’fells, nestling alongside those Gardner and ■■■■■■■ engines that he failed to offload. Oh, and not forgetting the accusation of a TS3 or two amongst them as well. If I could afford the fuel, I’d volunteer to spend a few days tracking the barn down but I’ve just spent last month’s pension on a jar or two of Herefordshire’s best.

Iam with you Rof :laughing: , Denzil is probably transplanting the boat anchor in to a Noah’s ark as we speak :laughing: :blush:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:
All this time and no one has reported to have spoken with the seller of the Guy advertised in the classic truck mag,it sounds to me like this quest to find one is not all that serious :unamused:

There’s an old saying " You can fill sandbags with 'owt" and I reckon this advert falls within this category ! Cheers Dennis.

I agree with you Dennis, [zb] Comes to mind Eh, :angry: :angry: :angry: , Regards Larry.

You have a far better choice of words than I will ever have Larry :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Hiya,
A bit like a mate of mine he’s sold his homing pigeons eight times on Ebay.
thanks harry, long retired.

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Hiya,

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: Dennis.

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Hiya,

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nice one, H! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This thread has been quiet of late!

In the interest of members here and in pursuit of the truth, I have decided on an expedition for New Years which will take us to Wolverhampton for 4 days! Wolverhampton I hear you say :blush: well we have stumbled across a nice Golf Spa Hotel set in 200 Acres , and I intend to visit The Fallings Park Area with my plackard donning the message…

Help needed
Did you work at Guy Motors?
Did you Build any Big J’s Powered by Gardner 8 LXB’s?

Any assistance welcomed, also free membership of an exclusive club on Trucknet offered for the right info!!!

:smiley: :unamused:

Hoping to bring back the truth to reveal on here cometh the 2nd Of Jan 2018 , Plus a new Member!!! :astonished: :stuck_out_tongue:

E.W.

P.S.

Donations towards the expedition will be gratefully accepted , even the odd drop of Malt just to assist with potentially chilling weather conditions!!

Oh! no “collective groans can be heard throughout the UK” :astonished: This surely is desperation in the extreme ! For one thing I believe the Fallings Park factory is long gone and apart from that the “illegals” now populating the area won’t have a clue what your on about especially at Christmas time they may think you are The three Wise men come from the East looking for “You know who” ! Which, of course, you will have more chance of finding than an 8LXB Big J ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Oh! no “collective groans can be heard throughout the UK” :astonished: This surely is desperation in the extreme ! For one thing I believe the Fallings Park factory is long gone and apart from that the “illegals” now populating the area won’t have a clue what your on about especially at Christmas time they may think you are The three Wise men come from the East looking for “You know who” ! Which, of course, you will have more chance of finding than an 8LXB Big J ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Well I’ll come over if you are donating some malt Dennis…

Bewick:

Given the right cash or alcoholic beverage ‘inducements’ the believers will probably find more people than ever worked for BL let alone Guy and/or who were born long after it all went bust,who’ll say that they saw the things rolling off the line at the rate of 10 per day during the relevant years. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

That’s not to say that a few retro fitted ‘specials’ didn’t exist but which were never photographed because the photographers couldn’t believe what they were seeing. :laughing:

Chris Webb:

Bewick:

I think you could already be living incognito in Heysham Chris :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Great start…

A bottle of finest Malt donated by Mr Bewick… :smiley: hic hic

E.W.

EW car truck & bus:
Great start…

A bottle of finest Malt donated by Mr Bewick… :smiley: hic hic

E.W.

Excuse me :open_mouth: I’m a tight wad ! you will have more chance of getting a bottle off Mr. Dunbar but then again it would probably be empty :blush: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Chris Webb:

Bewick:

I think you could already be living incognito in Heysham Chris :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hmm,aye a Yorkshireman living in Lancashire,I don’t think so.Even an ex Sheffielder/tax dodging/tax exile/Manxcomeover like misen wouldn’t do that.
I mean you do well,an ex Westmorelander living in Lancashire,credit due to you Dennis. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Chris Webb:

Bewick:

Chris Webb:

Bewick:

Hmm,aye a Yorkshireman living in Lancashire,I don’t think so.Even an ex Sheffielder/tax dodging/tax exile/Manxcomeover like misen wouldn’t do that.
I mean you do well,an ex Westmorelander living in Lancashire,credit due to you Dennis. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Got deported Chris back to Gods county of ■■■■■■■ ! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Cheers Dennis.

I haven’t looked in on this errr argument for a long time…has this photo been posted on here,I haven’t time to trawl through the for and against. :smiley:
If it has then don’t throw a fit and all that,just trying to help. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh dear,… Chris… you’ve posted a photo that has been totally discredited in other posts…it’s a transplant and non-original. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

gingerfold:
Oh dear,… Chris… you’ve posted a photo that has been totally discredited in other posts…it’s a transplant and non-original. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:[/quote
Oh dear,I’m afraid I’m a bit behind on this thread.Anyroad it were worth a try. :smiley:

IMHO Wall’s did a tidy job of the Guy/8LXB. One little niggle though- I think the air filter would have looked less obtrusive if it had been mounted lower on the rear panel, as the ■■■■■■■ version was. They didn’t have a lot of choice with the header tank due to the height of the radiator.