Going deaf in the right ear

waynedl:
Also, have wrist damage that’s the same as tennis elbow but in the wrist, most likely caused by driving resting my hand on the vibrating gearstic

Oooh err.

limeyphil:

Pimpdaddy:
Had mine syringed a few weeks ago & I can hear fine now, used to have pain & blockages in my right ear…

I used to get mine done every 3-4 years. it’s now every 1-2 years.
No problems with my ears as such, just a build up of wax, Which is just your natural defence.

Isn’t it supposed to be quite painful ? And i’ve told if it’s not done right you could end with even worse hearing.

limeyphil:
No problems with my ears as such, just a build up of wax, Which is just your natural defence.

1st time I’ve ever had mine done, made a hell of a difference, now I can’t stand noise, especially in RDC waiting rooms…:slight_smile:

bald bloke:

limeyphil:

Pimpdaddy:
Had mine syringed a few weeks ago & I can hear fine now, used to have pain & blockages in my right ear…

Isn’t it supposed to be quite painful ? And i’ve told if it’s not done right you could end with even worse hearing.

Completely painless. quite relaxing to be fair.
As for the “if it’s done wrong thing”. it’s an old wives tail. they just squirt warm water into your ear, the wax softens, then pops out. as easy as pie.

limeyphil:

bald bloke:

limeyphil:

Pimpdaddy:

Completely painless. quite relaxing to be fair.
As for the “if it’s done wrong thing”. it’s an old wives tail. they just squirt warm water into your ear, the wax softens, then pops out. as easy as pie.

Might give it a go then i always seem to produce more wax in me right ear.

bald bloke:

No, it’s not painful at all. All that happens is that the nurse will get you to hold a crescent-shaped stainless steel bowl under your ear, and then she will fill up a huge syringe with warm water and then squirt it in your ear. It’s only the plastic syringe, there’s no needle. Most surgerys nowadays use a more modern equivalent called an Ear Irrigation Machine, which is basically an electronic version of a syringe except that it costs £4,000 instead of 50p. :wink:

After four or five squirts, a huge plug of wax will come out of your ear, honestly it’s somewhere between the size of a marrowfat pea and a broad bean, you can’t believe how it ever got into your ear. It will have loads of ear hairs sticking out of it.

If I was to compare it to anything, I’d say it was like having somebody who was bursting for a ■■■■, ■■■■■■■ in your ear.

Totally deaf in left have been all my life no problem with wax build up but do have tinitus in my right which bugs me to hell

Do any of you that are going or are deaf have problems with your balance :question: as it can effect although mine has corrected itself

Only ever drive with n/s window open if need

animal:
Totally deaf in left have been all my life no problem with wax build up but do have tinitus in my right which bugs me to hell

Do any of you that are going or are deaf have problems with your balance :question: as it can effect although mine has corrected itself

Only ever drive with n/s window open if need

Yes had menieres disease a few yrs ago but all good now.

You can all be glad that you can hear at least ONE ear because there are you managing on. I have been deaf since I was 12 and now I’m 64 and have survived just fine. Have house, car and a beloved wife. My deafness is because I got meningitis and my auditory nerve died. The only thing I lack is the music. Sometimes I miss the boundless because I heard in 12 years and remember how it sounded.

Animal: It’s a myth that deafness results in poor balance. Sad about such nonsense abound. I have no problems with my balance.

Regards FH13

FH13:
Animal: It’s a myth that deafness results in poor balance. Sad about such nonsense abound. I have no problems with my balance.

Regards FH13

It can with some people but not always like you I have perfect balance

Harry Monk:

bald bloke:

No, it’s not painful at all. All that happens is that the nurse will get you to hold a crescent-shaped stainless steel bowl under your ear, and then she will fill up a huge syringe with warm water and then squirt it in your ear. It’s only the plastic syringe, there’s no needle. Most surgerys nowadays use a more modern equivalent called an Ear Irrigation Machine, which is basically an electronic version of a syringe except that it costs £4,000 instead of 50p. :wink:

After four or five squirts, a huge plug of wax will come out of your ear, honestly it’s somewhere between the size of a marrowfat pea and a broad bean, you can’t believe how it ever got into your ear. It will have loads of ear hairs sticking out of it.

If I was to compare it to anything, I’d say it was like having somebody who was bursting for a ■■■■, ■■■■■■■ in your ear.

we don’t want t know how you made that connection H :smiley: :smiley:

Going deaf in the right ear.

I hope you find a
solution to your
problem and I
wrote on the left
of this page to make
it easier for you :laughing: