Gloucestershire Firms

RIP Noel Minchew.

Sincere condolences to the family of Noel Minchew RIP, he started an interesting thread here viewtopic.php?f=35&t=119923.
Oily

Let’s start the festive season with a Cullimore wagon, parked at the Glider cafe at Aston Down.

Muckaway:
Let’s start the festive season with a Cullimore wagon, parked at the Glider cafe at Aston Down.

Who bought the teas Nathan ? :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Muckaway:

I didn’t go in mate, I was driving our puddle jumper so I thought I wasn’t worthy. :laughing:

Muckaway:

Bewick:

Muckaway:

I didn’t go in mate, I was driving our puddle jumper so I thought I wasn’t worthy. :laughing:

Question Nathan ! What size of fleet do Cullimores run ? and is it their own aggregate they carry or are they just hauliers nowadays. Cheers Dennis.

Still got their own pits Dennis, we have recently had a week away in Gloucestershire and passed one of theirs daily just off the A38. The workshops were there as well, and a concrete plant.

Pete.

windrush:
Still got their own pits Dennis, we have recently had a week away in Gloucestershire and passed one of theirs daily just off the A38. The workshops were there as well, and a concrete plant.

Pete.

Thanks for the info Pete, is it quarried stone or is it Sand and gravel pits ? They’ve been around for years so they must have plenty of reserves ! Cheers Dennis.

Sand/gravel where we were Dennis, but they may have some stone quarries around? Moreton did well from starting off with one Thorneycroft ex military six wheeler tipper, they did general haulage at one time as well but wether they still do that I don’t know? He had a lot of gravel workings around South Cerney and Ashstead Keynes which are probably worked out now though.

Pete.

Link to Cullimores’ history…
cullimoregroup.co.uk/history/
Roundhouse Farm between Fairford and Cricklade is I believe their main gravel pit, Dairy Farm quarry is the tip and concrete plant near South Cerney. I think the HQ is at Frampton on Severn.
They do spec their tippers well, I saw one of their latest CFs with a steel body and had a payload card in the window with “19” on it. They’ve got an old ERF EC unit still about, saw it last week near Cirencester.

windrush:
Sand/gravel where we were Dennis, but they may have some stone quarries around? Moreton did well from starting off with one Thorneycroft ex military six wheeler tipper, they did general haulage at one time as well but wether they still do that I don’t know? He had a lot of gravel workings around South Cerney and Ashstead Keynes which are probably worked out now though.

Pete.

Aye Pete when I ran down to Bristol occasionally in the D1000 in 68/69 there was always a good few of Cullimores up and down the A38. Cheers Dennis.

To the fore again.
Oily

Glos Richard Says 28465091926_07ef7bfc20_krs.jpg

Glos Richard 31394815361_ac3d859909_rs k.jpg

Glos Richard 31356603246_052fe5735a_rsk.jpg

Two based at Stonehouse.
Oily

I’ve just finished a job in Bisley that was a nightmare in anything bigger than our 7.5tonner. Stupid weight limits mean driving to Chalford, up the hill past Bussage and upto Bisley. It would’ve been easier to go via Birdlip and The Camp if it weren’t for the double weight limits.
Having said that, I do like working in the Stroud/Cirencester area. The scenery, not many cyclists, a few nice laybys and some sightseeing when passing the Agricultural College at Cirencester. :wink:

Couple more.
Oily

oiltreader:
Couple more.
Oily

Nice one Oily , Andy Lee has got a tidy fleet now ,regards Keith .

yu58.jpg

Times have changed a far bit at that firm. State-of-the-art breakdown vehicles now.

Nightmares again,that bloody Douglas :wink:

And the jib,s missing :wink: The steering was very light when the jib was up.Lots of tread on those sand tyres :laughing: