Gloucestershire Firms

cattle wagon man:
Hi Piston broke,
David Goulding has just the one E.R.F. 6 wheeler on his own nowadays ,
and I saw him last summer at a couple of Auction Markets.

Gordon Gilder is the owner of an impressive fleet of high-powered Scanias.
This one is shown here as it awaits loading lambs at Kirkby Stephen Auction
in September last year.

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

Hi Roy,
Was driven by a Ingleton lad now jumped ship
to Edward Gilder.

Ingleton 2011.

Cheers Malc.

Hi Malc,
Thanks for that information. I didnt know that one of Gordons drivers was from Ingleton .

Blue is the favoured colour for the cab of this Scania of Gordon`s.
Photographed in Hawes Auction Mart.

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

Good evening, here’s a few of my past to get me started, will upload more if this works

TS Thomas, Lydney. Not mine but I had G776 HWT. Lovely truck to truck around Europe in

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364242401.018313.jpg Can remember this truck arriving brand new in the yard. Cracking truck to drive and this one went to Andrew Cecil

Andrew Cecil ended up with this Kenworth running down to Kazakhstan

Right let’s see if this work

Dean

That worked so here’s a few more of B H Cecil, Blakeney. hope you enjoy

My first truck, lots of learning and happy miles along with plenty of hours!

Big Matty taking his Roadtrain to Truckfest for a weekend of GL and some more GL

The only Seddon we had and Kenny Chivers drove

Here’s my first truck on T S Thomas, had a few strange looks abroad in this,

G61 HWT. Pulled like a train

Just arrived back from Strasbourg with a load of Mars bars on

Me just about to board The Pride of Bilbao after my first of many trips to Portugal

Great company to work for.

Do TS Thomas still have their groundworks division? I did some muckhifting and aggregate deliveries for them around West Oxon a few years back and they were a good firm to work for.
One of my favourite routes to drive is in Gloucestershire; The A417 from Cirencester, past the Glider cafe and down onto the A46 at Stroud. This is part of Matthews’ “Bristol” route and I’ve christened this part “Cullimore Country” as we always meet them around the bends near Brimscombe.
:laughing:

Few more for you,

Old B H Cecil truck

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364245921.387886.jpg still rolling

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364246022.984332.jpg classic

borrow off another discussion, Thanks Bubbleman. T S Thomas

Once again Thanks

Nightrod:
Few more for you,

3 Old B H Cecil truck

2 still rolling

0 classic

1 borrow off another discussion, Thanks Bubbleman. T S Thomas

Once again Thanks

Keep them coming Nightrod,great pics.
Cheers Dave.

B H Cecil ERF driven by Mike Young parked up for once(unusual for him) somewhere in Germany. Was a nightmare in tight areas. Mega long wheelbase with a tag axle along with trailer wheels set right at the back.

Just a quick one, a friend popped by work in this earlier, Richard Bull of Monmouth just bought this, 1st one to be sold and now pulling out of Tescos from tonight

Changed a little from my day driving

Thanks for putting up with me tonight

Dean

Nightrod:
0B H Cecil ERF driven by Mike Young parked up for once(unusual for him) somewhere in Germany. Was a nightmare in tight areas. Mega long wheelbase with a tag axle along with trailer wheels set right at the back.

Good looking truck. Nice…

Hi Dean,
Did you ever know a couple of drivers from the Forest who drove blue Mercedes artics out of Reeds at Lower Lydbrook.They used to run up this way in the 1980’s.I only know their CB handles " Meat Loaf " and " Bag of Bones "
I used to talk to them on the CB quite often.The one was Terry,the last time he shouted me he was driving for Cole’s.Unfortunately I couldn’t have a chat with him as I had someone with me.
Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave,

Meat loaf drive for Cecil’s for years and last time I saw him he was driving for H&N Bounds, his name was Terry Pople and boy he could talk. Bag of bones rings a bell and will do some digging to see what I can find out.

Dean

Nightrod:
Hi Dave,

Meat loaf drive for Cecil’s for years and last time I saw him he was driving for H&N Bounds, his name was Terry Pople and boy he could talk. Bag of bones rings a bell and will do some digging to see what I can find out.

Dean

He was up in the quarry loading the last time he shouted me,but I couldn’t stay and have a chat with him,as someone had come here to do a job.I felt a bit guilty as he had been shouting on the rig a few tines and missed to get hold of me at various times.A few of us this way had some good banter with those two blokes.
Cheers Dave.

Muckaway:
Do TS Thomas still have their groundworks division? I did some muckhifting and aggregate deliveries for them around West Oxon a few years back and they were a good firm to work for.
One of my favourite routes to drive is in Gloucestershire; The A417 from Cirencester, past the Glider cafe and down onto the A46 at Stroud. This is part of Matthews’ “Bristol” route and I’ve christened this part “Cullimore Country” as we always meet them around the bends near Brimscombe.
:laughing:

Evening,

No they have completely gone now, pity as Spencer Thomas was a total gent to work for.

Regard

Dean

One last one, thanks for the comments guys and here’s one if the small fleet I now manage which is a long way off my Roadrunner days in which I started.

Night all

This was Cecil’s old commer FVP 635D back in 2006.

It was hooked up to this short 4 in-line trailer.

Nightrod:
0B H Cecil ERF driven by Mike Young parked up for once(unusual for him) somewhere in Germany. Was a nightmare in tight areas. Mega long wheelbase with a tag axle along with trailer wheels set right at the back.

That looks suspiciously like one of those awful Granning axles as fitted by Rothdean? I had one on a DAF2800 that John Jones had persuaded my boss to invest in. The ride was rubbish even for UK work- I certainly wouldn’t have fancied blasting across Europe in it!

If I remember right we bought it from Richard Read’s and it was destined for South Africa and was brand new hence the odd looking grill on the front.

Dean

kingswinford kit:

Retired Old ■■■■:

kingswinford kit:
Has anybody got old photos of Gouldings from Newent very tidy fleet . regards kk

You’re talking about the firm that both I & my father drove for in the distant past. So long ago that there was only one ERF in the fleet when I left for pastures new. The rest of the fleet were Bedfords and Albions at that time.
As posted, David Goulding, grandson of the company’s founder, is still trundling around in a lone six-wheeler ERF. Seems a very long time since he and I attended the local school, riding around with the drivers on Saturdays and school holidays.
There are some photos and links to a couple of videos on one of the threads. Post again, or PM me if you want further info on the firm.

Hi Retired Old ■■■■ , didnt Gouldings have a 6 wheeler Bedford TK on stock work ? regards kk

I too am sure they had a TK but a 4 wheeler with a cattle body on it, I’m sure I can remember it loading fat sows and boars out of Gloucester market.

BB