German 45 hour cab ban

Andrejs:
Take card out and all must be ok.If card not in tacho that I not driver and can do what I want.May be driver was working Friday and hand up from company and simply relax in cab.

And where would you get your required valid letter of attestation ?

Well it’s no longer required actually.

Doesn’t mean the plan would work though.

milodon:
Well it’s no longer required actually.

Doesn’t mean the plan would work though.

Not in Germany, but quite a few countries still require it

You’d need a Carnet to get there though.

milodon:
You’d need a Carnet to get there though.

A carnet to get where ?

To the countries that still require an attestation.

What about having 44 hours and 55 Mins, in cab, reduced rest. Then adding 5 mins an your next 9 or 11

SteveWalsh:
What about having 44 hours and 55 Mins, in cab, reduced rest. Then adding 5 mins an your next 9 or 11

If you are OK to do a reduced rest, that is, youre not on a compulsory 45 then youre doing nowt wrong by staying in the cab. No fines.

Just as Info for all the Exportdrivers:

The BAG in Germany near Aachen and somewhere else started the to enforce the law on this topic now but they fighting with “blunt sword”.

First of all they don’t have enough personell to carry the checks out during the weekends.
Second they just advising the HGV drivers so far and most drivers in the services just close their curtains when they see the authorities. Some leave their trucks after that and disappear into the service building or somewhere else.
Third they don’t enforce anything up to 44:59 hrs because the law states it that way/the German authorities read it like this. So with the circumstances given above it’s quite unlikely to catch many drivers out.

There’s also a little report (German) about this in the link beyond.

mazzer:

the maoster:
As I said; crack on!

There is no telling him, they were in Zeebrugge this weekend just gone, cracking down on it and a couple of drivers were arrested for resisting the police’s efforts, perhaps they could ring Andrejs’ firm lawyers r us and he could represent them :smiley:

Arrested for resisting the police efforts is different to being arrested for sleeping in a cab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk