German 45 hour cab ban

Tipperdipper1:
Sorry Andrejs but it is true that you need proof where you stayed during your 45 hrs weekly rest.

The French and Belgium authorities will ask for csomething like a hotel recicpt etc.

I can’t prove it with an article from a truck magazine or something similar. I have an article but that’s in German…

If you or anyoneisten Bbc,read truckmagazines that they post to many wrong info.They all the time talk about 50000 vacancy in Uk.But in Uk Ll truck work,all load delivered.Show me where this undelivered load?

Tipperdipper1:
Sorry Andrejs but it is true that you need proof where you stayed during your 45 hrs weekly rest.

The French and Belgium authorities will ask for something like a hotel recicpt etc.

I can’t prove it with an article from a truck magazine or something similar. I have an article but that’s in German…

Hi Tipperdipper1,

It’s great news that you have an article, I’d like to take a look, and it’s absolutely no problem if it’s in German. :smiley:

If it’s ‘out there’ on the ‘Net,’ please post a link.
If it’s hard copy, please post a pic (scan or phone pic.)

Yes, EE drivers for expample in polish companies get paid about 2000€/month but they pay all the expenses themselves from that amount. If they want… So taxes,pension, health care etc. What is left ? Not much. Our drivers get minimum 2600€/month, company pays about 60% expenses on top of that, plus 57€ night out money every day. Fair competition ?

dieseldave:

Tipperdipper1:

The French and Belgium authorities will ask for something like a hotel recicpt etc.

Hi Tipperdipper1,

It’s great news that you have an article, I’d like to take a look, and it’s absolutely no problem if it’s in German. :smiley:

I found to interesting links which should answer a few questions: :bulb:

here is one link http://www.grangeshipping.co.uk/news/france-introduces-ban-on-drivers-sleeping-in-cabs

and this A note clarifying the new regulation on the Weekly rest period away from the vehicle has been published by the French Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy (MEDDE). France: Normal weekly rest period away from the vehicle

dieseldave:

Tipperdipper1:
I have an article but that’s in German…

Hi Tipperdipper1,

Hi Tipperdipper1

Could I see the one that’s in German please?

@Dieseldave

No worries

here is some info in German for you:

frachtraum.com This one is a statement to the actual ban

Wöchentliche Ruhezeiten: Hohe Strafen bei Verstößen - eurotransport News from a German Trucker magazine about the German ban

I hope you can understand most of it :unamused: :wink: :wink:

Tipperdipper1:
@Dieseldave

No worries

here is some info in German for you:

frachtraum.com This one is a statement to the actual ban

Wöchentliche Ruhezeiten: Hohe Strafen bei Verstößen - eurotransport News from a German Trucker magazine about the German ban

I hope you can understand most of it :unamused: :wink: :wink:

Hi Tipperdippr1,

Thanks for both of those links, they’re excellent!!

As for me understanding them, here’s a little something I wrote earlier:

I found france rulles .whre can see clear who no need evidence of proof
4.2 Will evidence that the driver has taken his/her regular weekly rest period away
from the vehicle (hotel bill, campsite bill, sworn statement that the driver has stayed
with a friend or family member, etc.) be required?
Under existing law, there is no requirement to present specific evidence that the regular
weekly rest period has been taken away from the vehicle.
The burden of proof is set out in Article 427 of the French Code of Criminal Procedure:
“Except where the law otherwise provides, offences may be proved by any mode of
evidence and the judge decides according to his innermost conviction. The judge may only
base his decision on evidence which was submitted in the course of the hearing and
adversarially discussed before him.”
If evidence of infringement of the regular weekly rest period rules is found, as with any
other offence, the burden of proof will rest with the investigatory authorities and, where
applicable, the competent prosecuting authorities.
6/

If you want full document that sent to me you email and i sent to you copy.

So when you’re taking your 45 in a cab, in Germany and the BAG knocks on your door, who are you going to sue?

milodon:
So when you’re taking your 45 in a cab, in Germany and the BAG knocks on your door, who are you going to sue?

Bag or police legaly can t knocks on door because when drivers in rest that can not talk to anyone.Police can just lock wheels or wait till drivers start drive[/code]

Andrejs:

milodon:

Bag or police legaly can t knocks on door because when drivers in rest that can not talk to anyone.Police can just lock wheels or wait till drivers start drive[/code]

I know, but the French or the Belgium authorities don’t care. I think they want knock on your door and wait around for you but they will probably check on drivers who r cooking next to their vehicles etc.
That’s why the German BAG and others haven’t checked upon driver yet but with the new law they will soon enforce it.

Okay maybe you don’t need a hotel recipt etc but I know that authorities have asked for it. And may be the french didn’t check in the area where you been but they’re out there and enforcing the law.

You also have bigger problems on the borders to Germany. Everybody parked up on German services, laybys etc. for their weekly rest. Why did they park in Germany and not in Belgium for example??Like I said Germany didn’t enforce the law so far but that will change.

One last personal note:

These checks r not aimed at the driver. These checks are aimed at the hauliers to fight against the nomades. These companies will leave their drivers out for months and break cabotage rules. They can easily undercut the normal prices for loads etc. Sometimes the drivers only get paid when the wheels turning.

I think the authorities should check on these circumstances to get rid of these “cowboy outfits”, never mind from which country they come from.

EDIT: Spelling mistakes.

Tipperdipper1:

Andrejs:

milodon:

I know, but the French or the Belgium authorities don’t care. I think they want knock on your door and wait around for you but they will probably check on drivers who r cooking next to their vehicles etc.
That’s why the German BAG and others haven’t checked upon driver yet but with the new law they will soon enforce it.

Okay maybe you don’t need a hotel recipt etc but I know that authorities have asked for it. And may be the french didn’t check in the area where you been but they’re out there and enforcing.

You also had bigger problems on the borders to Germany. Everybody parked up on German services, laybys etc. for their weekly rest. Why did they park in Germany and not in Belgium for example??Like I said Germany didn’t enforce the law so far but that will changes.

One last personal note:

These checks r not aimed at the driver. These checks are aimed at the hauliers to fight against the nomades. These companies will leave their drivers out for months and break cabotage rules. They can easily undercut the normal prices for loads etc. Sometimes the drivers only get paid when the wheels turning.

I think the authorities should check on these circumstances to get rid of these “cowboy outfits”, never mind from which country they come from.

Do you know what it is cabotage rulles???And if drivers live in truck 1 month or 6 but he can absolutely legaly keep this rulle.Living in truck not affect cabotage rulles.

Tipperdipper1:

Andrejs:

milodon:

Okay maybe you don’t need a hotel recipt etc but I know that authorities have asked for it. And may be the french didn’t check in the area where you been but they’re out there and enforcing.

You also had bigger problems on the borders to Germany. Everybody parked up on German services, laybys etc. for their weekly rest. Why did they park in Germany and not in Belgium for example??Like I said Germany didn’t enforce the law so far but that will changes.
If drivers seating near truck that this is legaly because he taked rest outside cab.
Cooking near truck as well legally and no any restriction for this.And how you or any from as can not cooking if in France gap between services sometime about 40 miles ,at night near all services,petrol station closed and day time they sale just crousant,sandwiches for 5 euro.
Belgium not happy about EE drivers but they earn million from EE driver and not just .Because Belgium sale diesel much cheap and to many Germany,Francy drivers fill up diesel there and after do work in France ,Germany.May be Belgium must increase price first.

Andrejs I think you should be called Roger Irrelevant, you answer the majority of replies with an answer that has nothing to do with what the writer has put. What has the price od diesel to do with a 45 hour ban in Germany or any other tacho law?

mazzer:
Andrejs I think you should be called Roger Irrelevant, you answer the majority of replies with an answer that has nothing to do with what the writer has put. What has the price od diesel to do with a 45 hour ban in Germany or any other tacho law?

Same what has germany ban and sleeping in truck over 45 hours.Some people think who sleep in truck 45 hours undercut another company.But cheap Belgium diesel undercut another companie much much more that sleeping in the truck.Most English companies who still do EU job fill up as much as possible in Begium and back to Uk and reload and back to France and not fill up diesel in Uk.

Full legaly.Rest outside truck cab.

Andrejs:

mazzer:

Same what has germany ban and sleeping in truck over 45 hours.Some people think who sleep in truck 45 hours undercut another company.But cheap Belgium diesel undercut another companie much much more that sleeping in the truck.Most English companies who still do EU job fill up as much as possible in Begium and back to Uk and reload and back to France and not fill up diesel in Uk.

To be honest you are just spouting ■■■■■■■■ now

mazzer:

Andrejs:

mazzer:

To be honest you are just spouting ■■■■■■■■ now

You can call to me bollock.But if you not happy about delivery price ,undercutting.That this happened from different point.I done international job for Uk company.My boss said-try fill up diesel all time there,because much cheap.I fill up in Uk may be just 1 tonne of diesel.All another was filled there.Sometime i make collection and delivery inside Uk with foreigh diesel,If all drivers will rest in hotel that Uk drivers wages not go up,delivery charges stay in same level.But time show.Yes in logistic must make changes,make more correct competition,But changes must be quality from all side.

This has nothing to do the price of diesel it is to do with improving the conditions for drivers and stopping social dumping and drivers being exploited by the big logistics firms. Why do you think all the big traction firms in Europe dropped the Poles when BG and RO came in? It is because they are cheaper go to Zeebrugge on a weekend and see the conditions several hundred Romanians and Bulgarians are living in and the EU says it supports workers conditions. Also in Belgium they are arresting the bosses of these companies too which is a step in the direction. Every time there is an effort to improve the conditions of drivers from the EE it is their own EE governments who complain about it obviously a hangover from the Soviet days where you should just be grateful you have a job regardless of the conditions