Gearbox noise

norb:

Angus25:
I think 3 days is reasonable could do it in 2 depending if the parts are in stock as for authority the customer may give you permission to strip the box but may say no to fixing it I waited 2 months for a customer to give authority to rebuild an engine as it was nearly 8 grand in parts

Thank you Angus …That is a complete strip ,inspection for consequential damage and wear and a clean

No this is a hundred quid an hour ■■■■■■■■!

Bus fitter eh!

Trickydick:
Bus fitter eh!

Nothing wrong with that, the bus companies find that they have to provide some retraining for HGV fitters since the work is so often of a different nature. The most common defects on a bus are wiper problems and door interlock failures. There is also the constant pressure of " Get that bus out Butler". Not an easy life.

Bking:

norb:

Angus25:
I think 3 days is reasonable could do it in 2 depending if the parts are in stock as for authority the customer may give you permission to strip the box but may say no to fixing it I waited 2 months for a customer to give authority to rebuild an engine as it was nearly 8 grand in parts

Thank you Angus …That is a complete strip ,inspection for consequential damage and wear and a clean

No this is a hundred quid an hour [zb]!

Have you been drinking daf Labour charge in the north east is £75 oh compare to others which is £120 I don’t think that’s to bad the only problem is the dealerships are to busy not enough people want to fix trucks

cav551:

Trickydick:
Bus fitter eh!

Nothing wrong with that, the bus companies find that they have to provide some retraining for HGV fitters since the work is so often of a different nature. The most common defects on a bus are wiper problems and door interlock failures. There is also the constant pressure of " Get that bus out Butler". Not an easy life.

Buses and trucks are the same thing in my eyes I’ve work for 2 bus and coach company’s with buses it’s the silly defects that can catch you out like emergency exits

Trickydick:
Bus fitter eh!

And what would you know about buses?
EHHH jack ■■■■?

Wrong forum!

Bking:

Trickydick:
Bus fitter eh!

EHHH jack [zb]?

I genuinely think you have severe anger issues :grimacing:

I have worked on buses that are older than you, but I dont go on about it or verbally abuse others due to my own insecurities.

Trickydick:

Bking:

Trickydick:
Bus fitter eh!

EHHH jack [zb]?

I have worked on buses that are older than you, but I dont go on about it or verbally abuse others due to my own insecurities.

You could be right. I get very angry at the ■■■■■■■■ I see every day in this “job”
I mean “technicians” who know jack about the job.
These cretins think that “repairing” a vehicle means bolting a new bit on
If that dont work bolt another new bit on.
The whole "trade " has turned into a ■■■■■ joke.
Some ■■■■■■■ comes up with a laptop and “interrogates” the ECU.
The ECU gives a fault code,they change the offending part,start the bloody thing and you still got the ■■■■■ fault code minus 500 quid!.
Said to a “technician” the other day working on a sprinter non start do a bottle leak off test.
Might as well have been talking russian to this muppet.
This cretin did not have the faintest idea how a common rail system works but thats the way it goes.
God help us.

Trickydick:

Bking:

Trickydick:
Bus fitter eh!

EHHH jack [zb]?

You could be right. I get very angry at the ■■■■■■■■ I see every day in this “job”
The whole "trade " has turned into a [zb] joke.
Some ■■■■■■■ comes up with a laptop and “interrogates” the ECU.
The ECU gives a fault code,they change the offending part,start the bloody thing and you still got the [zb] fault code minus 500 quid!.
Said to a “technician” the other day working on a sprinter non start do a bottle leak off test.
This cretin did not have the faintest idea how a common rail system works but thats the way it goes.
God help us.

Bking:

Trickydick:

Bking:

Trickydick:
Bus fitter eh!

EHHH jack [zb]?

You could be right. I get very angry at the [zb] I see every day in this “job”
Some [zb] comes up with a laptop and “interrogates” the ECU.
The ECU gives a fault code,they change the offending part,start the bloody thing and you still got the [zb] fault code minus 500 quid!.
God help us.

You cant really blame the tech, if he hasnt been shown/taught how to do inj leak off test hes not going to know, on the other hand if he spent 10 minutes on the internet/youtube would have given him an idea.

I find the best thing to do at work, is do your own job and try and ignore what others are doing, if the boss cant see the issue then thats not my problem!
If they ask fir help then no worries, help them, but Im not there to carry them.

As a customer I echo Bking’s sentiments. If I’m paying full rate for a job, I expect a fully trained professional to be holding the spanners and if a part is changed that doesn’t fix the problem, then it should go back in the box and there should be no labour charge for that pointless operation.

It doesn’t work that way though, I pay the same rate for a master technician as I do for a trainee, I get stung for expensive parts that I didn’t need and often experience the same problems within a few days. It’s a complete ■■■■ take.

Now, on another note, can we please stop throwing our teddy bears around, this thread has enough defects to be VOR’d, so behave or it’s getting locked.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Bking:

Trickydick:

Bking:

Trickydick:
Bus fitter eh!

EHHH jack [zb]?

You could be right. I get very angry at the [zb] I see every day in this “job”
Some [zb] comes up with a laptop and “interrogates” the ECU.
God help us.

I know where you’re coming from I can’t believe the idiots out there who don’t properly understand trailer braking systems, turbos or diesel engines.

Well, now that the thread has been hijacked, here’s my tuppence worth, thanks to all replies, got the motor back, all I was told, that, the box has had a strip and complete rebuild under warranty, and they are deciding on contributions for said warranty, part by dealer and part by DAF, looks like a win win for us.

Snapper

What you haven’t been robbed by the dealer ■■ Shocking I say !!!..…Glad you got it back all ok …Just seemed to have taken a bit long …But they did send the box away ,so that will add a bit of time …You may find that is where the dealer is taking the hit …DAF would prefer the dealer to repair the box, won’t pick up the tab for sending it out ,which you can understand …Though I may be wrong …Sorry about the hi–jacking

It’s fine Norb, threads always get hijacked, thanks for your input, just pleased to get it back, would’ve liked the 16 speed, that is in our 13 plate, far better than the 12 speed.

Sapper