Fodens.

You on early finish seeing it’s Friday Dan’l, you lazy ■■■■ :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Dennis.

Bewick:
You on early finish seeing it’s Friday Dan’l, you lazy [zb] :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Dennis.

Nickers Berwick ,I was between loads getting some free wifi .

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:
You on early finish seeing it’s Friday Dan’l, you lazy [zb] :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Dennis.

Nickers Berwick ,I was between loads getting some free wifi .

Oh! aye !! “and pigs might” :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: P.S. and it’s spelt B-E-W-I-C-K :frowning: :unamused:

rastone:
A few photos

Tony

Eaton S20 exShipstone surely ? regards Keith .

Punchy Dan:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Punchy Dan:
Hi Larry there’s a Alpha 1 around here that used to belong to the above firm ,the current owner driver has only just painted their name out recently .

Thanks Dan, I will tell Roddy Patterson when I next speak to him, Any chance of a photo please, Regards Larry.

Hi Larry ,saw the lorry again this week ,it’s now had a dark blue respray and a private plate on .

Thanks Dan, Heres the one that Roddy Paterson has restored, It looks great & sounds lovely , Regards Larry.

Hi Lawrence,Heres L255 VHY with its first owner,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:
Hi Lawrence,Heres L255 VHY with its first owner,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Thanks “bubbleman”, Its had some modifications since then, Regards Larry.

richellis78:
Still working hard, bet it sounds great pulling a few trailers! Bit unusual as I was informed the double drive is off a much older truck, he thinks maybe a Foden tipper
DSC_0025 by richellis1978, on Flickr
Could do with a paint!
DSC_0021 by richellis1978, on Flickr

IIRC you can see the remains of the tipper mountings at the rear of the chassis

kingswinford kit:

rastone:
A few photos

Tony

Yes I reckon it is ex Shipstones and the reg No is Nottingham.Beer not good but motors spotless.I wonder what the Burton dray men would say if they had a fleet of them there. Everybody out !!!

rastone:

kingswinford kit:

rastone:
A few photos

Tony

Yes I reckon it is ex Shipstones and the reg No is Nottingham.Beer not good but motors spotless.I wonder what the Burton dray men would say if they had a fleet of them there. Everybody out !!!

Here is one from Brighton

1967 Foden S36 with 2 stroke at Brighton 2014.jpg

Here’s another ex-Shipstones dray spotted at Bakewell show last year

Steve

Ste46:
Here’s another ex-Shipstones dray spotted at Bakewell show last year

Steve

Hello Steve

That looks lower than the others and more suited for a beer dray.

Tony

There is an interesting article in this months Heritage Commercials mag about the development of the Foden two stroke engine, why they chose a two stroke in the first place and why they were less reliable in road vehicles (unless driven properly) than in marine and static applications in generators etc. Also a photo of a prototype automatic version of the twelve speed gearbox that is in preservation.

Something that I hadn’t given any thought to was the reason why they made everything ‘in house’ instead of using bought in propriety engines/gearboxes/axles etc. Apparently it goes back to steam days when makers of steam traction engines etc made every component and thinking about it Sentinel, Leyland, Fowler and Foden, who had all been heavily involved in building steam powered vehicles, then moved onto conventional lorries but still made everything ‘in house’ including the engine’s. Old habits died hard I guess?

Pete.

image.jpeg
( note the high quality fly sheeting )

The ‘Trucknet experts’ will find no fault with that sheeting Dan, well protected from the elements above but still allowing ample airflow around the load to ensure that it doesn’t go off in transit. A top job, and a top truck carrying it. :wink:

Pete.

windrush:
The ‘Trucknet experts’ will find no fault with that sheeting Dan, well protected from the elements above but still allowing ample airflow around the load to ensure that it doesn’t go off in transit. A top job, and a top truck carrying it. :wink:

Pete.

Such kind words ,it’s a Berwick type load !!