Fodens.

windrush:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

oiltreader:
Fine looking machine.
Oily

Joe Dean’s trucks, usually Leyland four wheelers, used to deliver machinery to our quarry on a regular basis. There is a piece about them in this months Heritage Commercials mag.

Pete.

Beats me why anyone would drive one of those when you could have an ERF B series :open_mouth:

I sat behind the wheel of Frank Dales B series once, that convinced me that they were even more cramped than my Foden! Luckily for me Eric had sold his ERF before I went working for him! :laughing:

Pete.

That’s why the naked rambler left ,when the ERF went :laughing:

James.908:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

oiltreader:
Fine looking machine.
Oily

Joe Dean’s trucks, usually Leyland four wheelers, used to deliver machinery to our quarry on a regular basis. There is a piece about them in this months Heritage Commercials mag.

Pete.

Beats me why anyone would drive one of those when you could have an ERF B series :open_mouth:

Plus 1 punchy

:smiley: Pete likes stiff gear cables and draughty doors :laughing:

Well for starters that Haulmaster would have had a rod gearchange anyway! I had four Fodens for over 18 years with the cable gearchange and never had one with stiff cables, keep the cables lubricated and the pivots greased and they were as smooth as silk. Door’s were not the best I admit, but they could be adjusted to make them a better fit very easily. For somebody who runs a Foden you do seem to have a bit of a downer on them Dan! :laughing:

Pete.

gazsa401:
My Dad worked at K&M around 67/68 when they were based at Piccadilly

A bit before my time there, Piccadilly was just the workshops in my day.

gazsa401:
Hiya Coomsey I worked with a chap Ian Patrick he was a mechanic at Dixon’s a very clever Gardner man
Also I knew 2 drivers Bob Beeton and Pat McGrory they both were on Dixons

I don’t remember any of the drivers at Dixons’s I was only casual there, except my brother, John, who had never heard of a diff lock before and wondered why the F 86 he was given to drive went straight on at corners. :open_mouth: :laughing:

But for some reason the name Pat McGrory rings a bell, maybe not at Dixon’s, but somewhere else. :confused:

Good looking Foden.

Punchy Dan:

James.908:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

oiltreader:
Fine looking machine.
Oily

Pete.

Plus 1 punchy

:smiley: Pete likes stiff gear cables and draughty doors [emoji38]

265 roller and 9 speed fuller…still preferred the b series

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

windrush:
Well for starters that Haulmaster would have had a rod gearchange anyway! I had four Fodens for over 18 years with the cable gearchange and never had one with stiff cables, keep the cables lubricated and the pivots greased and they were as smooth as silk. Door’s were not the best I admit, but they could be adjusted to make them a better fit very easily. For somebody who runs a Foden you do seem to have a bit of a downer on them Dan! :laughing:

Pete.

Nah ,mines a Kenworth with a Daf cab :smiley:

use a name:
This was in the village today
Wedding duties.

That’s peover

Advert from 1987.

Can’t beat a lorry with a good payload .

Aye, And plus a good driver who knows how to do it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Aye, And plus a good driver who knows how to do it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

:smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:

And here is Punchy at it again Larry, a couple of weeks ago, did take some more pics but ain’t got time to pi$$ about re-sizing them to post on here

DP 1.jpg

Punchy Dan:
Can’t beat a lorry with a good payload .

Ah ha, so it’s back to being a Foden now then! :unamused: Last week it was a “Kenworth with a Daf cab”…more U turns than the government Dan! :confused: Just saying like. :wink:

Pete.

One off low cab Foden from 1965.

foden 65.PNG

DEANB:
One off low cab Foden from 1965.

They had a long wheelbase eight wheeler version as well.

Pete.

I presume you mean this one Pete, although going by the Reg No its the same vehicle, I’m sure I read it somewhere it had been converted to an 8 Wheel Tractor. It was based on the Low Line Crane chassis with a load carrying frame allowing it to meet the 32 Ton requirement, up to 18 Tons of 50ft steel channels could be carried. The bolsters on the bed allowed the channels to be carried over the cab and to clear the engine cover which was located behind the cab, the chassis was cut short at the rear to maintain the 11-Metre overall length limit for the period, being 1965 at the time of the photo. Gardner 150, Foden 12 speed box and rear double drive four spring bogie. Franky.

Bulmers.jpg

I read that only the cab was based on the crane carrier type, the crane chassis was much deeper. Ended up converted to a recovery outfit down the A1 at Doncaster I believe.

Saw that D reg 8 wheeler Foden in Drighlington nr Leeds today still going strong, Dreg is that 1986 makes it over 40 years old

Fodenway wrote; I read that only the cab was based on the crane carrier type, the crane chassis was much deeper. Ended up converted to a recovery outfit down the A1 at Doncaster I believe.

It was purpose built for Bulmer’s and to achieve the max 32 Ton Gross it did have the heavier chassis rails, you can see how deep they are in the pics, however there are slight changes to the cab in the first photo, a tow pin and two extra lights have been added and the chassis shortened. Franky.