Fodens.

grumpy old man:

Lawrence Dunbar:
Dennis I be a Foden Driver, & Im a whiskey drinker too,My old Fodens well three of them did very well for me, I must admit the 12 speed Foden box could appear to be a bit complicated to some drivers, But having said this you could drive them if you were a good Foden driver like myself :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: It was up to the tuition that the drivers got So if they didnt take it in they couldnt manage the good old gearbox for every hill 12 speed box, Of course this is just my opnion being a Foden man , :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

That’ll be me then, 2 weeks with one and I don’t think I ever got a clean gear. :cry:

Well GOM At least you admit it, Ive known a lot of so called drivers who used to boast about how they had driven Fodens with the 12 speed box in , Two minutes into the conversation I new they were telling porkies, One described it as a splitter box, Cobblers to the lot of them, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

Snapped at Laugharne.
Oily

Foden Car_rally_at_Laugharne_ cr Nilfanion cc by sa 4.0 (5880)nil .jpg

oiltreader:
Snapped at Laugharne.
Oily

Cracking photo there Oily, Gwynne Bowen ran quite a lot in those days, Regards Larry.

pete smith:
One for Tony Rastone,

Just looked at this site for a long time and have got a few photos of Alrewas Mills from my pal Edwin Tipper of Lupin Farm ( next show 20th August) Not too good at present but trying to make them better.Egerton Orme was the boss and Atkey’s of Uttoxeter painted one when I were a lad.

However any one know where this beautily is and what a handsome model standing by his handsome model

Tony

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpegSome to bump Larrys thread back up :stuck_out_tongue:

Two British salt Fodens there Dan a company which was part of the Staveley Industries group they certainly liked there Fodens.

IOW Last year

image.png
Had this old gal first week for Trev then onto newer 8whlr VRA 39K. Think she went after that. Foden man thru n thru, he had one ERF but forced into it

I took these at the Foden factory, DROPS with ‘normal’ off road wheels/tyres and with slave wheels/tyres!

coomsey:
Had this old gal first week for Trev then onto newer 8whlr VRA 39K. Think she went after that. Foden man thru n thru, he had one ERF but forced into it

Just because I’ve remembered. 5shifts coal down to smoke scrap back to Wards? Ilkeston a flat a day. Concrete roads in scrap yards never a good idea
180 G 12sp steady but earned my shilling

A00143.JPG
This pair should be the same colour in theory. But what would the old gals box n engine be?

A gardner 6lw engine and probably a 4 speed box with crawler and super low . That’s what hill head quarries at buxton had , same vintage . Dave

rigsby:
A gardner 6lw engine and probably a 4 speed box with crawler and super low . That’s what hill head quarries at buxton had , same vintage . Dave

Hi “rigsby” I would have thought it would have been a 180 Gardner plus a 9 or 12 speed box seeing thats an S80 ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

rigsby:

Hi “rigsby” I would have thought it would have been a 180 Gardner plus a 9 or 12 speed box seeing thats an S80 ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

Sorry “rigsby” I missread your comments, It must be my bloody eyesight Or perhaps the lovely Malted , :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

rigsby:

Sorry “rigsby” I missread your comments, It must be my bloody eyesight Or perhaps the lovely Malted , :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: , Regards Larry.

Malted for sure. 180G 9spd its the old gal I don’t know about Larry

image.jpeg

A few Fodens.